Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I realise you're disappointed, but that seems a bit of a strong statement given that we know they're in logistics hell.

Let me elaborate. This quarter they deliver upto an estimated 80k cars and this is described as “logistics hell” and leaves customers with a bad taste after surviving a chaotic mess of an unorganized process. Yet, we expect them to ramp up to a million cars per year within a couple of years. That would mean 250k cars per quarter, so more than 3x higher volume than this every quarter!

Last year they had delivered 25k/Q in orderly fashion. So a 3x growth broke them already and we expect another 3-fold. So they better figure this out, otherwise we will never see million per year sales...

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
Last edited:
I'm torn on how I feel about Elon right now. Yes, the media is always attacking him unfairly, but he keeps giving them rope to hang him with. I'm waiting for delivery of my 5th Tesla vehicle since 2013, and I'm sitting on HUGE paper losses since his go private tweet. The sad thing is that without the tweets we would be pushing 400 after delivery news next week. Now I'm praying for 300 after the news. I really hope Elon learned his lesson this time.

Sorry, I never drank the kool aid...you folks are on your own. But I did warn you about the stock many times. Your welcome.

Actually, it is precisely thanks to you and others like you that I have invested heavily in Tesla.

You see I am a believer in the efficient market, i.e. I believe that all available knowledge including the potential for future earnings of any given company is already baked into its stock price, before I have a chance to act on it.

So I would never buy stock, because doing so would imply that I consider the stock to be undervalued and that I am thus betting against a market that I believe to be perfectly well informed. (Instead, my wife and I have basically all our wealth in real estate).

However, for Tesla the market consensus is the average of two views so wildly disagreeing, that at least one must be seriously mistaken. Having followed Tesla for some years and with some knowledge of their underlying technology, I have concluded that it is the bears who are (most) mistaken in their valuation of Tesla.

So with a mistaken bear side, it follows that Tesla is significantly undervalued, and thus a rare opportunity for investment (for a retail investor who is effectively betting against the house).

Thank you for your service.

Let me elaborate. This quarter they deliver upto an estimated 80k cars and this is described as “logistics hell” and leaves customers with a bad taste after surviving a chaotic mess of an unorganized process. Yet, we expect them to ramp up to a million cars per year within a couple of years. That would mean 250k cars per quarter, so more than 3x higher volume than this every quarter!

Last year they had delivered 25k/Q in orderly fashion. So a 3x growth broke them already and we expect another 3-fold. So they better figure this out, otherwise we will never see million per year sales...
Back in May many people asked the same question about the M3 production hell.

Earlier, many asked the same question regarding the model X .

Even earlier many people asked the same question whether they can produce the model s.

Do I know for sure the delivery problem will be solved? No! But I am hopeful based on their track record of problem solving.

Reactions: Krugerrand
Interesting note. My brother is currently volunteering with deliveries in Toronto. Tesla has rented the same convention centre they used during the June rush in Canada where we picked up our 3s. When we picked up our cars on May 31, they were hoping to deliver ~200 cars a day in June. My brother heard they are aiming to deliver ~300 today...and the place is packed with people.

(I'm not there myself simply because the Tesla Owners Club of Ontario that organized the volunteers said they already have enough volunteers today!)

A few days ago, I saw 2 Model 3s on the road and 3 parked in downtown Toronto during a short trip to the grocery store. Two weeks ago, I was in Vancouver for a day and I saw at least 5 Model 3s and several S and X vehicles.

Demand is strong. The stock price has definitely dampened my mood, but seeing the demand and my experience every time I drive my Model 3, I'm ever more confident of Tesla's impending success and continued growth.

Geez... the markets are going to be going nuts in late January... both the Q4 report and the trial coming out at the same time???

Any clue how long such a trial usually takes?
What several folks have clarified since yesterday, it’s not a trial.

As I only caught a snippet and a date, I wasn’t sure of the details and had to leave shortly after my posting what little I had heard. Thankfully others jumped in to provide more details.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Note: That is only enough drive units for 5k AWD cars per week.
Yes and assuming long term 50/50 rate between AWD and RWD its effectively 7.5k cars at this time which is way ahead of batteries/body ramp, which is great news. Batteries bottle neck will soon be history with panasonic lines and groman machines in Q4. Body would be the hardest/only bottle neck left in Q4.

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
Yes and assuming long term 50/50 rate between AWD and RWD its effectively 7.5k cars at this time which is way ahead of batteries/body ramp, which is great news. Batteries bottle neck will soon be history with panasonic lines and groman machines in Q4. Body would be the hardest/only bottle neck left in Q4.
50/50 split implies 3333 RWD and 3333 AWD.

Is S/X also included?

Status
Not open for further replies.