Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man.... this really worked out for all of us. Think about this.

1) We get Elon as CEO now for AT LEAST 3 more years HAHAHHA
2) Elon has to stop tweeting things unless they are approved by Tesla (YESSSS)
3) Elon is going to focus 100% on deliveries now!
4) We all greatly expanded our legal knowledge through this practice exercise (who else learned wtf 'Scienter' means)

Good thing is it forced Board to oversee Musk's communications, which is good news as we don't want the reckless tweets of the past. $20M fine is nothing. Wall Street will love this.
Yeah, I'm actually really happy that there will finally be a formal muzzle that can be applied to Elon's tweeting. No more short burn of the century. No more pedo guy. No more financing secured.

It was a painful road to get here but I have a feeling the worst may finally, really, actually, truly be behind us. I've waited more than 2 years now for returns on my investment, while AMZN has multiplied by 4x during the same time period. It's time to finally get some goddamn rewards for my long-standing loyalty, holding shares long while the stock price shot upwards and downwards after every ridiculous Elon tweet.

Kimbal for board president plz.
1_kimbal-musk.jpg

Not just because he's his brother, but because I've grown to really like the guy the last few interviews he's done.

I think he agreed to get someone at Tesla to control the content of tweets related to the company. This would be good, Tesla stock has been hurt badly by EM's Tweets. I just wonder why he couldn't have agreed to this before the 14% drop. He sure hates the shorts but seems to feed them every chance the stock gets a break. I don't think the 20M will hurt as badly as the 420 has hurt the retail investor.

I hope EM discovers how much damage he does on twitter. ($20M would wake me up, but I doubt it is enough to matter to him.)

Regarding Mark Spiegel... only money seems to matter to him, he is obviously euphoric, which usually means it is time for the reversal in momentum.

This could be financially bad for Musk. I just read the settlement - he has conceded that he will not deny that he mislead investors. Surely this means he cannot defend against the lawsuits from people who lost money? If so, that will cost him a lot. Not critical, and won't affect Tesla, but very expensive for him - I have seen some estimates of up to $1 billion or so.

Need a lawyer to interpret the consequences of paragraph 13.

Kimball is a shoe in for Chairman. Make NO mistake .... it's still Elon's board. Period.

Thank goodness he agreed to this ... we don't need this distraction ..... lesson learned ... slap on the wrist ... in a few months no one will even remember it happened.

Cheers to the longs.

Edit: I wish the settlement had something in it barring Kimball from wearing that hat. :)

Good thing is it forced Board to oversee Musk's communications, which is good news as we don't want the reckless tweets of the past. $20M fine is nothing. Wall Street will love this.

Where does it force the board to oversee things. It just says that if the board makes rules Elon has to follow them.

The reason he refused the other settlement was because of verbiage that didn't allow him to deny wrongdoing. If the compromise for removing that verbiage was an extra year of not also being Chairman that doesn't seem like a bad one.

It still says that...

Could one of you wise folks tell me what "without admitting or denying the allegation" But paragraph 13 reads like he is prohibited from denying the allegation?
I agree. I am disappointed with this, I thought the case weak but this dragging on past feb would hurt the company more. In my opinion SEC afraid to have egg on face with eventual loss wouldn’t even wait till Monday to settle

What does this mean for Elon Musk's Tesla-compensation package ?
I was wondering too, so I checked the Tesla IR for the compensation package. It says this:
"Elon must remain as Tesla’s CEO or serve as both Executive Chairman and Chief Product Officer, in each case with all leadership ultimately reporting to him"

So it seems to be intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.