Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If people surrounding Elon isn’t able to persuade him to log off Twitter I hope the market reactions so far has sent him a clear enough signal that he should probably lay low for awhile and not tweet anything negative. Also, I hope he’s able to have a couple days to gather himself, get over his emotions and drop the SEC case and settle. I don’t think settling makes him look bad, on the contrary, I think it’ll make him look good.
Yep...I'd normally be a buyer here but another Elon tweet could send this down 50 more points.

I hedged long, sold at a loss this morning. Will it hold 250 support?

I recommend caution at this point in the overall market as well. My signals show a possible pullback in markets in the medium term - months. I am mostly in cash right now and 3 other names. Not putting a recommendation to sell, just to be mindful.
I don't think 250$ is going to hold, maybe not today but soon. A retest of the April low is really necessary and sadly, I think at that level there will be some larger holders doing some selling, which wouldn't be great for current share price. But COULD be great for longs looking for better entry points.

Seems to me that $TSLA drop is being helped along by well-placed selling - those same deep pockets that like to dump 100k shares when the SP gets some traction.

Could just be that I'm paranoid though.

What I never understood - and I've mentioned this a few times, but never got an answer - is that on days like this, when macros are crap and your blue-chip stocks are all falling, why don't people snap-up stuff like $TSLA which is obviously under-priced and likely to shoot up faster in a general recovery?

This is crazy. Tesla shares are half price! I shuffled some money around to buy 6 more, and made a transfer so I can buy another 14 tomorrow I will be up to 1,000, and then stop.

In one way, it is very worrying that the shares are this low. It seems like Elon leaving is being priced in? I can't see it happening myself and the fundamentals look amazing, but surely so many people cannot be that stupid??

I don't think 250$ is going to hold, maybe not today but soon. A retest of the April low is really necessary and sadly, I think at that level there will be some larger holders doing some selling, which wouldn't be great for current share price. But COULD be great for longs looking for better entry points.
It will break below 250. Of course if Elon deletes his Twitter we'll be back above 300 in no time...but apparently that is just too arduous a task for anyone to address./s

All these applies to ICE cars as well. BTW, M3 has 4 year warranty. Also factor in the EV credits of min 7.5K. In two years when you sell your car, no one is gonna factor in your EV discount. My understanding is that the depreciation for EV is less than that for ICE.

The Model 3 warranty is

4 year basic 50,000 mile. 8 year power train 120,000 mile

Little bit off topic, but it’s really quiet here on the NIO-subject. It went up 100% in a few days time and I saw some posts in this thread from people buying into that trend. But if had crashed completely since then and is back to where it started.

I just threw a bit at it for moral and universal support. I won’t pay extraordinary attention to it but just keep generally up to date on their progress. I’m expecting them to fail and my money to go bye-bye. But on the off chance they make a go of it; I’ll be able to buy myself a t- shirt.

This is crazy. Tesla shares are half price! I shuffled some money around to buy 6 more, and made a transfer so I can buy another 14 tomorrow I will be up to 1,000, and then stop.

In one way, it is very worrying that the shares are this low. It seems like Elon leaving is being priced in? I can't see it happening myself and the fundamentals look amazing, but surely so many people cannot be that stupid??
You want to buy low and sell high, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.