Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously is this fact? WTF?

So here's the SEC's lawsuit against Elon:

... and here's the relevant sanction the SEC are/were asking for:

"Ordering that Defendant be prohibited from acting as an officer or director of any issuer that has a class of securities registered pursuant to Section 12 of the Exchange Act [15 U.S.C.§ 78l] or that is required to file reports pursuant to Section 15(d) ofthe Exchange Act [15 U.S.C.§ 78o(d)];"​

I.e. had he lost the lawsuit Elon would have been prohibited form being the CEO or board member of any public company, ever in the future.

I.e. the SEC was asking the court to effectively gut Tesla, in a very critical time of its corporate history - a dream come true for every Tesla anti-investor (short). This is why the stock price cratered.

100%, total and utter regulatory capture of the SEC by short-sellers - and this is why Elon tweeted the "Shortseller Enrichment Committee" tweet - because it's the simple truth.

Some reporters/talking heads may have a math learning disability. Others may have skipped journalism ethics class in college.

And for quite few of them it's a selective disability: the math and ethics lapses only happen at the expense of Tesla, it never happens when reporting about GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volkswagen or Big Oil. ;)

I must say that I'm pi*** of to see that those main media could go away without punishment about what they did to Tesla. The worst thing is that they can do it easily again.

Can someone write a book about that? Please...for sake of all of us!

Please, everyone, use this as a learning opportunity. Almost all media is unreliable. When I read a news piece about something I know well, 9 times out of 10, it is wrong, biased, or made up crap. So ... if you think about it, if this happens to you too, this SHOULD lead you to conclude that the articles that you DON’T know anything about are ALSO wrong, biased, or made up crap.

The media doesn’t make money by tell you boring stories. It makes money by making you feel outraged, superior, disgusted, horrified or fearful. Journalists are economically incented to omit facts that don’t fit a more interesting storyline, or exaggerate other facts that do.

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 12.36.56 PM.png
From Model 3 VINs on Twitter

Please, everyone, use this as a learning opportunity. Almost all media is unreliable. When I read a news piece about something I know well, 9 times out of 10, it is wrong, biased, or made up crap. So ... if you think about it, if this happens to you too, this SHOULD lead you to conclude that the articles that you DON’T know anything about are ALSO wrong, biased, or made up crap.

The media doesn’t make money by tell you boring stories. It makes money by making you feel outraged, superior, disgusted, horrified or fearful. Journalists are economically incented to omit facts that don’t fit a more interesting storyline, or exaggerate other facts that do.

Along these lines, reading stories that you know are heavily biased or misleading is actually somewhat useful to being able to spot such stories generally. They’re usually misleading by implying something is true, without actually directly stating it is. Once you’re able to spot those patterns, you can read articles critically and know when you’re being lied to or mislead(well, most of the time. If it’s just a blatant lie, that can’t be easily spotted).

Also, a huge number of people are not aware that Model 3 even exists. I heard a reaction "oh, Tesla, it's really expensive..." It does not yet connect with people that it can be had at a lower price point, they are not considering it for that reason.

I do expect that with better Model 3 penetration this awareness will increase and demand will grow a lot.

Which is exactly what happened with the Model S in 2013 and 2014. Once the car was on the road and people started seeing them and talking about them then demand went up substantially. In 2012, the Model S had 10K reservations and Tesla was hoping to sell 20K to 25K a year. Now they are selling 50K a year, every year. Tesla is going to have no problem selling 400K to 500K Model 3s a year, every year.

To add to this, the FUDsters all said that the Model X would cut into Model S sales. Nope. The Model X now sells 50K a year, every year too.

And then the FUDsters said that Model 3 sales would kill the Model S and Model X. Also nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.