Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We shouldn't even have a "disagree" button. It's a "let's spread negative feelings without having to justify ourselves" button. Promotes "driveby annoyance".

Some posts are just plain wrong and should be flagged as such.
Without such a tag, each person who doesn't think something is correct has to make a post. Or else "like" the first contra-post, which doesn't directly help others who read the wrong post..
I've been known to be informed via disagrees that I either had a factual error, or dropped a word in my post.
But maybe Disagree is the wrong word for such a thing.
How about the "don't think so" button, or "huh"?

How about the O RLY button?

orly.jpg

Some posts are just plain wrong and should be flagged as such.
Without such a tag, each person who doesn't think something is correct has to make a post. Or else "like" the first contra-post, which doesn't directly help others who read the wrong post..
I've been known to be informed via disagrees that I either had a factual error, or dropped a word in my post.
But maybe Disagree is the wrong word for such a thing.
How about the "don't think so" button, or "huh"?

If your disagreement is a big enough problem, you should speak up and explain why. The disagree button doesn't contribute to conversation; it just contributes to anger. Almost nobody gets a disagree and thinks, "Oh, thanks!" It's almost always, "Well, what the heck is his/her problem???"

It's like getting flipped off in traffic. Maybe you were driving well, or hey, maybe you actually were driving poorly. But getting flipped off never makes the situation better.

Electric-Car Market Share In 2013: Understanding The Numbers Better

"In the United States, each price drop of $5,000 roughly doubles the buyer pool; conversely, a $5,000 price increase halves the number of people who can buy the car."

On a separate note, @RobStark , are you still predicting Model 3 to not outsell Camry for a long, long time?

Are you still predicting $62,000 ASP in Q4 and 80% FSD take rate in 6 months?

BTW the disagreeing spree might lead you to end up like Troy.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-19-at-1-32-06-PM.png

Does this happen to other people? I haven't even posted all day and somebody decided to systematically disagree my whole life. Not the first time this has happened to me on this board. Weird behavior imo.

Not gonna lie, SP movement today has me shaking my head, but materially I know the co is intact. I don't want to be the guy that sells off most of my position on the earnings pop to try to time the market, so I'm not going to. I've decided to hold my calls staunchly up until the weeks they expire, just as an act of stubbornness if nothing else.
You even agreed w/ VA on some recent posts, so this is weird.

Are you still predicting $62,000 ASP in Q4 and 80% FSD take rate in 6 months?

BTW the disagreeing spree might lead you to end up like Troy.

"end up like Troy" - detail-oriented, data-driven, useful, factual, and right? Sign me up! @Troy is a legend as far as I'm concerned.

Obviously not; I thought Tesla would first start international deliveries of Long Range. I'm working on an ASP/margin article, which will allow me to think through the various factors.

Their move on FSD is confusing, even though it's supposedly done to reduce confusion, so I'll wait for conference comments.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: humbaba
Once again I would like to point out the mind blowing NHTSA results of the 3. Where Munro saw inexplicable structural choices and too heavy, too thick, too complex solutions, I see reasons for the 3 beating the cars Munro referenced.

I think (too lazy to google) he talked about the Bolt for instance and how some rear wheel well is just 1 pressed piece vs the 3's complex solution. Except if you check the side crash results the Model 3 has significantly less severe deformities and intrusion. E.g. the Bolt shrunk in width almost 2x as much as the 3, the Bolt's rear bumper moved 102 mm, the 3's was displaced by 1 mm, the height of the door cutout shrunk in Bolt by 69 mm, in the 3 it was 9 mm and so on.
Pfff, hopefully it has to end. It is just incredible for how long time these BS injections stay alive.

Munro "ate craw" in august(?). Repeating april statements is wrong, it is not his "educated" opinion.
It is misrepresentation by using expired events. A lie.

Of course Munro would make initial inquiry and find that Material guy at Tesla is "SpaceX" guy, and to expect that the solutions Tesla is using can "probably" originate in rocket technologies. "Accidentally" they do, the "mistakes" and "strange things" he was pointing in Autoline after hours are very "normal" and "cheap" solutions to combat shockwave-vibration propagation. If to use proper robot lines such approach is not more expensive than classical folding "harmonica" variant. What is more important it is lighter, and it is significantly stronger because it absorbs much more energy.
Munro was too quick with jumping to conclusions, and is professional enough to acknowledge that.

I'm not sure that tells us anything about margins, but it does give an anecdote that SR customers are being pulled forward at some rate into the MR. I also know someone who was waiting for SR who placed his MR order today. So now we've got two anecdotes, and what was that saying about the plural of anecdote being?

Anyone got a third so we can call it data? :)

Our very own forum member.

Status
Not open for further replies.