Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree and have dipped my toes into shorting (I think it was Restoration Hardware). I don't think it's inherently bad to profit on the downswing... but if there's a way to do it where there's no dilutive effect, I think that would be a fairer system.

That wouldn't be possible. The dilutive effect is what contributes to the price drop. It's in the very nature of shorting.

Just an FYI, shorting via buying puts isn't exactly the same thing, since the put-option seller is essentially a long buyer who's trying to earn a premium on his cash, while the put-option buyer is trying to protect his shares from a potential loss in value.

Reactions: neroden
Har har. For that we need Trump to be removed from office. Given the massive corruption of the Republican Party, that probably won't happen until the 2020 election.

Maybe house swings in the mid-terms to the Dems could hasten this?

I do wonder how Tesla would be faring in a more encouraging political environment for EV's...

I am still invested with hunders of shares in TSLA. When will this thing be up in the 350s again? I was promised it will be so right after Q3... what happened to all these Tesla bulls? 350s are being postponed to Q1 2019?

Hello Priscila,

You woke up.
You know that your timing is pretty good indicator when we can expect critical moment for shorts/bears? :)

Just an FYI, shorting via buying puts isn't exactly the same thing, since the put-option seller is essentially a long buyer who's trying to earn a premium on his cash, while the put-option buyer is trying to protect his shares from a potential loss in value.

Misleading nonsense.

The owner of the largest PUT options position in Tesla doesn't have any TSLA share positions to "protect". How do we know? They'd be well beyond reporting requirements, and "SUSQUEHANNA INTERNATIONAL GROUP, LLP" certainly doesn't own 13 million TSLA shares ...

The top PUT option owner is a shadowy, private prop trading firm connected to the Kochs, heavily short in Tesla...

(We can also tell by the strike prices they are buying that they are short positions hoping for bankwuptcy. We also know because prominent shorts like Spiegel were telling us that they bought PUTs.)

Last edited:
FYI - if you dont have the news on... markets are likely freaking out about what Erdogan is about to say

Talk about virtue-signaling, Erdogan has probably ordered more murders of his opponents than I've had hot dinners. Doesn't make it right, of course not, but the old black kettles and pots, etc.

Last edited:
I see the queen of the desert re-appeared and has now promptly disappeared from my feed thanks to the "ignore" feature.

I suspect several that received temporary bans re-surfaced too as I see a few ghost-conversations appearing the last days. Will be glad when we gets these FUDsters out of here and I can clear-out that list. Contrary points-of-view are welcome, continual BS is not.

upload_2018-10-23_12-4-40.png

I am still invested with hunders of shares in TSLA. When will this thing be up in the 350s again? I was promised it will be so right after Q3... what happened to all these Tesla bulls? 350s are being postponed to Q1 2019?

Same person who previously wrote:

Why is there no news from Tesla's side regarding the go private? Elon not saying anything? Investors must be kinda pissed write now.

Aka, not an investor, and mocking the very concept of investing in Tesla.

Funny how these ASTROTURFERS all come out of the woodwork immediately before or during market-moving events. Too bad there's no law against lying / misrepresenting one's self in order to try to affect the share price of their investments. OH WAIT, there IS!

From your field artillery Forward Observer.

Sunday (21Oct18) enroute to Seattle Airport ~ 1 hr on FWY I-5 heading north, I saw thirteen Tesla’s (9 Model Ss, 2 Model Xs and 1 Model 3):)
Monday, 22Oct18 in Venice (Italy ~ not California) I saw one blue Model X in the parking lot enroute to the water taxi. Would have made Xena proud. No Tesla’s in and around the canals:-( Though replacing fossil fuel boat engines with electric and propulsion instead of propeller would help the environment here.
Had an informative presentation on the affects of climate change and what is being done to cope with sea rise. Kind of depressing.
Hope the 3Q18 review goes well, though it takes a day or two to see the affects kick in. Kind of early for the review, I was expecting November? Have fun, me I am looking forward to spaghetti ice:) Have not had it since the Cold War thawed, and I retired:) Hey, my job was done ~ and, I lived to talk about it:)

Last edited:
Arrrgh you people.. DO NOT TALK SMACK ABOUT NETFLIX. If Tesla had half the managerial execution and restraint against silly distractions (Solar City, NN chips, falcon wing doors, flufferbots, etc.) they'd be at least half Netflix's market cap already rather than the trifling GM valued layabouts they are now. Netflix monopolizes like half the internet backbone at times and they never go down. How many data centers do they have in flood plain communist countries? ZERO! They do what they say they are gonna do. In 5 years of trying they passed HBO as leading Emmy nominee winner. Don't get me started on cash flow. That's investment just like it is with Tesla. Reed Hastings should be in the running for chairman! How many pedo tweets does he have? ZERO! I bet Calibear just rewatched Life of Brian on Netflix like I did! We're gonna be streaming Netflix on Mars. It will be the principal interstellar waste of time enjoyed by the Culture itself. Just you wait.

How soon they forget:
"We're splitting Netflix into streaming and disk services"
"Oh wait, never mind, customers hate the idea and our stock tanked"
As Netflix turns 20, let’s revisit its biggest blunder
(Was a great opportunity to buy NFLX though (I wasn't trading then) ...)

Oops! There it is! Everyone was wrong about the date.

Hey, I said Wendsday... :D
Typically Wednesday.

in 2 weeks maybe

by 3 weeks definitely

or tonight.
(no not really)

We may see 350-400 after Q3 ER. We may not. The markets have had a bit of a meltdown lately, which isn't helping. I think the markets largely have wildly pessimistic expectations for the Q3 results, though it remains to see what kind of reaction we get. Maybe the markets will shrug and assume it's a one-off. Maybe we get a deserved runup.

I don't really even attempt to predict what TSLA will do in the short term. I'm in it for the longer term. By 2025, I expect Tesla to be making millions of cars per year, at higher ASP than BMW/Mercedes/Audi/Lexus and superior profit margins. And still be growing.

Status
Not open for further replies.