Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming the QQQ's continue down, perhaps eventually to the mid $140s, I assumed TSLA would follow it down in some fashion. Now I don't know. It has to follow it down some, I would think. The way TSLA is trading now, there is just not much sign of weakness in it even with the other growth stocks crashing around it.

Reactions: qunqun
Assuming the QQQ's continue down, perhaps eventually to the mid $140s, I assumed TSLA would follow it down in some fashion. Now I don't know. It has to follow it down some, I would think. The way TSLA is trading now, there is just not much sign of weakness in it even with the other growth stocks crashing around it.

That is a very very bullish sign, it means money is flowing from the tanking stocks to Tesla and other growth stocks.

I doubt it as the 3 has not affected S sales that we can tell. I think a RAV 4 size vehicle would be great for the Y as the X is too big for many.

I think you're confused about my point. I'm saying the Y will not be the same size as the X, which is what Karen has been suggesting. For reference:
Model 3 wheelbase 113" Length 185"
RAV4 wheelbase 105" Length 181"
Model X Wheelbase 117" Length 198"

A Model 3 based SUV/CUV would be larger than the RAV4 and smaller than the X.

Any thoughts on today's share price movement? Trendline looks entirely downward from opening - 345 high, now down to 332.92.

The market is getting reamed, techs are in freefall, Tesla is still green.

Capture.PNG

I think you're confused about my point. I'm saying the Y will not be the same size as the X, which is what Karen has been suggesting. For reference:
Model 3 wheelbase 113" Length 185"
RAV4 wheelbase 105" Length 181"
Model X Wheelbase 117" Length 198"

A Model 3 based SUV/CUV would be larger than the RAV4 and smaller than the X.

Agreed. The caveat being range, pack size, wheelbase, and frontal cross section are all tied together. It appears the 3 pack is as long as possible. A Rav-4 wheelbase would require a smaller pack capacity, unless they go two tiered (like a shrubbery).

Status
Not open for further replies.