Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A $774 billion investment giant is ramping up calls for a Tesla board shakeup — one that goes far beyond what the SEC wants — Business Insider

So this will probably be ignored since we’re electing a ficus and a char?

Edit:I’m floored by the current set up, my shares keep going up!

Is this group of investors long or short Tesla?

They claim to be investors, but they are actually representing the interests of unions.

As we are all well aware, unions love Tesla.

In their letter, they are even complaining about the volunteers who helped out during the end of quarter delivery hell, writing "...the company's call for volunteers to help with delivery of its cars demonstrates a failed understanding of its operational, employment, and administrative needs".

Hilarious.

A $774 billion investment giant is ramping up calls for a Tesla board shakeup — one that goes far beyond what the SEC wants — Business Insider

This says it all:

The letter was sent by CtW Investment Group, a union-affiliated fund, along with officials representing pension funds in New York City, New York state, Connecticut, Oregon and California.

Yeah, basically I find it highly unlikely that Tesla won't use their satellite to satellite laser links to provide the 'internal backbone' of their Starlink constellation. They are going to have a dense network of ground stations as well to down-link to, but whenever they can they'll try to route traffic over the satellites, in my opinion. That's the whole point of the whole constellation.

So I disagree with @KarenRei there.
This is why I ask for a source... I've not seen the "backup only inter-sat links" architecture stated anywhere else...

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
It's a completely fair and transparent way to balance supply / demand without going auction based on a per car basis.

Note that Tesla actually uses a hidden, hybrid Dutch auction process to maximize income from the Model 3, as they introduced lower and lower price options.

The Performance version being delivered many weeks faster is also a way to allocate production to buyers who are willing to pay more.

Last edited:

So that's the FUD they have been working on? Seems pretty weak. CtW Investments is the union thing. I would be surprised if this entity has any asset under management - I could be wrong, never checked closely. If they had more than $1B under management, they would be talking about it everywhere.

Most likely Union got a short position on TSLA long time ago, they have been trying all the things to help their short position. Forget about $774 billion investment giant, that's all part of the FUD. Most likely they have a few thousand shares. It's more about using news to affect stock price, less about voting. They know they have zero chance in actual voting.

Talking about Investment giant, there are a few real investment giants that back Elon Musk and Tesla. Using the same method this CtW uses, I can claim the top 5 Tesla institutional investors who manage 15 trillion dollars support Elon Musk and Tesla.

Last edited:
Tesla Model S 75D was 100 miles short of its claimed 304 range quoted online”

Wow, they can’t even get the claimed range correct. It’s 259 miles. Where on earth did they get 304 from?

EDIT: Ohhh, NEDC. So they’re blaming Tesla for their government’s poor test cycle.
Has Tesla published WLTP range for their vehicles yet? Perhaps there is only the NEDC official numbers still ? In which case, it's at least partially Tesla's fault for not having more up to date claims ...

Looks like from reading the article they call out Tesla for not updating to WLTP, and they even comment on how WLTP even isn't realistic, just better than NEDC.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
This is why I ask for a source... I've not seen the "backup only inter-sat links" architecture stated anywhere else...

I literally quoted their original FCC filing about the purpose of satellite-to-satellite communications: "continuity of service". The so-called "bent pipe" transmission mechanism is the preferred means as it reduces traffic within the Starlink network. If you want to bounce a signal between 10 satellites to get it around the world, you're 10x'ing the traffic in the Starlink network.

But why are we discussing that in this thread? Remember, there's a thread for this:

Super fast Internet via SpaceX Satellites / Starlink

Yes most definitely a board shake-up is needed making too many cars per quarter, year-over-year growth growth is way too fast too much profit. They will have to burn all the cash that they profit...

Yes most definitely a board shake-up is needed making too many cars per quarter, year-over-year growth growth is way too fast too much profit. They will have to burn all the cash that they profit...

My standard response to idiots on Twitter when they criticise Elon is to point out that he's taken Tesla from startup on the brink, to a $50b company with zero competition and unlimited upside. Without his vision and ambition they wold likely ceased to exist long before IPO.

More expensive than a 3, less storage and less performance than a Model S.

Less range than 3, S, and X.

Lol

What’s sad is someone will actually throw down money for this.
t is very pretty, has the well-loved Jaguar interior and works. That is good enough for many people. know several who recognize the limitations but love the looks. We need nto diss it; more BEV's are better, and in very different flavors too. What is not good about another offering that will attract sybarites?

From the pattern of buying it looks like either an upgrade (only published to clients), or a bigger short calling it quits. But it could be anything.
looks like a bit may be shorts capitualting....
upload_2018-11-1_14-57-9.png

Tesla's mission statement was “to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable transport.”

This is a good thing. Relax.

Until Jaguar tried to deceive the world with a marketing video that shows the iPace beating a corked 75D X in a race.

And subsequent video was paraded around as Tesla killing both by media and shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.