Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaguar I-Pace Outsold Tesla Model X In Sweden In October By 190% - Anton Wahlman | Seeking Alpha
Just saw a tweet of this SA article claimed I-pace outsold MX by 190% in Sweden, but only talked percentages and didn’t mention exact numbers.
Suspicious on first sight, so I dug in, turns out the number was 29 vs. 10
You know they are desperate when you see this kind of article circulating on Twitter, haha

I don't always trust others for investing wisdom, but when I do, I trust the biggest douchebag on Earth.

GP8i35U.png

Exactly -- is Elon conflating sales with production?

No. InsideEvs reported sales. Cars on transports to the east coast cannot be sold till they get there. Therefore sales are down at the beginning of the quarter irrespective of production rate.

Edit: and Elon is indicating the sales numbers themselves are off

Do insideevs not count east coast figures?

They do. Elon is saying that they since they switched from producing cars for California (late September) to East Coast (October) there is going to be a gap in deliveries due to the longer transit time, even though production is humming away steadily. So deliveries are lower than production early in the quarter, and then greater than production later when all of these cars are showing up at customers at the same time.

@MikeC -- exactly. Model S and X deliveries are almost always much lower in the first two months of the quarter than the third month because much of the production is in transit. The same phenomenon happens with Model 3 but to a lesser extent because even though there are no international deliveries yet (except Canada), there are vehicles in transit to the East Coast, the Midwest, Canada, etc.

The more relevant comparison is July, the first month of Q3. According to insideEVs, Tesla delivered about 3500 more Model 3s in October than July (17750 v. 14250), plus similar S and X. So deliveries are off to a much stronger start in Q4 than Q3.

For some reason, insideEVs has decided to spin these numbers as negative when they are clearly positive.

Last edited:
Who gives a flying duck what they think? They've been stirring the pot for ages, no-doubt egged-on by UAW...

View attachment 348957

+1.
We should not fool ourselves that it’s only one party that doesn’t want Tesla to succeed. CT, NY Ca, Oregon leaders are solidly Democratic and drivers of this attack.

Sadly, union interests usurps what’s right for the World and clearly for the Democratic Party. Of course, Republicans have oil\gas interests as their driver and perhaps dealer lobby.

Elon should just get on with the two new Board Members, find a solid Chairman and just ignore the flack.

Btw: doesn’t surprise me that Business Insider conveyed this.

Btw2: lol typing accurately when on elliptical.

Last edited:
Teslike tracker shows low oct deliveries to accommodate transit time (huge majority headed east coast).

We’ll see soon enough...I’d guess 10-13k
Anecdotal evidence supports this claim. My M3 AWD is expected to be delivered to MA on 11/24 after 3 months wait :) Lots of other deliveries are being reported out of Dedham.

Is he always this unhappy?
I have only skimmed his "articles" on SA...can't get very far before I break down laughing.

Anton is my most hated short and he is a friend of a friend. A connection I didn't figure out till just recently. I've been stewing on how to do something useful/trollish with that.

First step is our mutual friend will be getting a Tesla. Screw you Anton. :D

View attachment 348988

Interested in your thoughts on the change in pattern since Tuesday lunch time. The deep plunges are gone. Did the short sellers give up?
Part of it is likely the substantial market bounce that occurred over the same time frame. That has made it more difficult on shorts hoping to manipulate the share down. Once the lower low/lower high day from Tuesday was negated, shorts probably did back off.

• Informative
Reactions: Carl Raymond
View attachment 348988

Interested in your thoughts on the change in pattern since Tuesday lunch time. The deep plunges are gone. Did the short sellers give up?
They're probably covering. Their narratives are beyond flimsy now and it's apparent even from them that they're just trying to cover as elegantly (lol) as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.