Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The good thing about the Chinese is that they are willing to pay a premium for imported goods since Chinese made goods(such as Chinese branded cars) will lose them face.

People I know paid good money just to have a certain letter on their license plate because they are more rare(therefore showing off your wealth). Most who can afford a Mercedes will not consider a C or E class because when people call these class of cars in Chinese, it's translated to "Small Benz" and not "Big Benz..aka S class". The color black has been coined as the "gives you the most face" color for Benz so the manufacture up charges for this color, while BMW up charges white for the same reason.

So all Tesla needs to do is to get their cars in the hands of some rich celebrities and the rest will be history. In fact the only thing that can hurt the Tesla brand in China is a cheaper model 2 or something down the road. The Chinese will stop paying a premium for the brand if any peasant can buy them. Good thing some of this tariffs can price the commoners out.

Background: I'm Chinese who have family in Beijing.

If it's an issue, that a cheaper model takes the gloss off the more upmarket model, Tesla could easily get into sub-branding. The model 2 could be a not-a-tesla "Edison" or whatever.

Last edited:
UBS has been talking a lot of smack about Tesla and how the company is run. It’s about time the justice department investigated these guys for how it had a hand in market manipulation:

UBS expects to be sued by US Justice Department over crisis-era mortgage securities

Don’t trust crooks, especially at UBS.

Another case reported on the same day.

Bloomberg -Accused Trader in UBS Insider Case...

Can't wait when someone discovers how UBS manipulate TSLA stock. They are as obvious as Goldman Sachs.

New Board Chairperson announced: Robyn Denholm

Announcing Robyn Denholm as Tesla’s New Board Chair

Tesla’s Board of Directors is pleased to announce that Robyn Denholm has been appointed as Chair of the Tesla Board, effective immediately. So that she will be able to devote her full attention to the Tesla Chair role, Robyn will be leaving her role as CFO and Head of Strategy at Telstra, Australia’s largest telecommunications company, once her six-month notice period with Telstra is complete. Robyn will be serving as Tesla Chair on a full-time basis.

robyn-denholm.jpg

To ensure a smooth transition during the remainder of Robyn’s time at Telstra, Elon will be a resource to Robyn and provide any support that she requests in her role as Chair. Robyn will continue to provide the necessary focus and time to Telstra during the remainder of her time there, and she will also temporarily step down as Chair of Tesla’s Audit Committee until she leaves Telstra.

Robyn has served on the Tesla Board as an independent director since 2014. Her global experience in both Australia and Silicon Valley encompasses leadership roles across a range of technology companies, including Telstra, Juniper Networks, and Sun Microsystems. She is widely credited with leading a team that drove significant increases in Juniper’s revenues, overseeing Juniper’s corporate transformation during her nine-year tenure as Chief Financial and Operations Officer. Her experience also includes numerous finance management roles in the automotive industry while at Toyota.

“I believe in this company, I believe in its mission and I look forward to helping Elon and the Tesla team achieve sustainable profitability and drive long-term shareholder value,” Robyn said.

“Robyn has extensive experience in both the tech and auto industries, and she has made significant contributions as a Tesla Board member over the past four years in helping us become a profitable company,” said Elon. “I look forward to working even more closely with Robyn as we continue accelerating the advent of sustainable energy.”​

The good thing about the Chinese is that they are willing to pay a premium for imported goods since Chinese made goods(such as Chinese branded cars) will lose them face.

Most who can afford a Mercedes will not consider a C or E class because when people call these class of cars in Chinese, it's translated to "Small Benz" and not "Big Benz..aka S class".

Background: I'm Chinese who have family in Beijing.

Gee, I wonder if there is going to be a 10 page discussion of " Is this racist?" LOL.

BTW Singuy, I while back we had a discussion here " Is it racist for Australians and New Zealanders to prefer a California made Tesla vehicle to a Chinese made Tesla vehicle ?"

Same her ein Germany: Don't click the link its German. I add the links just as prove that I did not make this up

Die Welt a highly recognized newspaper. Conservative and known for good reporting and balanced views.

Its full of made up false narrative.

Quote:

"A disappointing and partly dangerous test drive"

"The Display is a disappointment. The fine chiselt Graphic looks obsolete"

"... the Handling did not impress us...."

" No fun with the breaks, spongy and insensible..."

" .... the car rolls hard and is uncomfortable..."

"It is also due to the price policy that the demand for the Model 3 in the US has massively broken down. It did go around quickly that they have problems with delivery and customers who received one have problems with it"

Tesla Model 3 im Test: Dieses E-Auto ist eine Enttäuschung - WELT

Unfortunately thats not the only hit and fud piece these days. The UBS article as used for another one.

Articles are full with made up and easily to prove complete wrong content. Just think about it, they really claim that the demand for the 3 in the US has been breaking down.

Unbelievable!

Narrative is changing!
Tesla overtakes first German carmakers in the US, also form the highly recognized newspaper WELT
In summary:
- German government wants hard figures regarding Diesel retrofit. (How much money will the car company pay for each diesel car to make it cleaner)
- BMW already reported a very bad q3, expecting the same for mercedes after profit warning
- Tesla overtakes first german car brands in total sales in America
- Then a lot of positive statements about Tesla, which we all know.
- Audi has problems
- Model 3 pushed Tesla forward
- Tesla is making money with an electric car, this is very alarming for rivals.

Tesla verdrängt den ersten deutschen Autobauer in den USA - WELT

This forum already knew this a year ago. :):););)

New Board Chairperson announced: Robyn Denholm

Announcing Robyn Denholm as Tesla’s New Board Chair

Tesla’s Board of Directors is pleased to announce that Robyn Denholm has been appointed as Chair of the Tesla Board, effective immediately. So that she will be able to devote her full attention to the Tesla Chair role, Robyn will be leaving her role as CFO and Head of Strategy at Telstra, Australia’s largest telecommunications company, once her six-month notice period with Telstra is complete. Robyn will be serving as Tesla Chair on a full-time basis.

robyn-denholm.jpg

To ensure a smooth transition during the remainder of Robyn’s time at Telstra, Elon will be a resource to Robyn and provide any support that she requests in her role as Chair. Robyn will continue to provide the necessary focus and time to Telstra during the remainder of her time there, and she will also temporarily step down as Chair of Tesla’s Audit Committee until she leaves Telstra.

Robyn has served on the Tesla Board as an independent director since 2014. Her global experience in both Australia and Silicon Valley encompasses leadership roles across a range of technology companies, including Telstra, Juniper Networks, and Sun Microsystems. She is widely credited with leading a team that drove significant increases in Juniper’s revenues, overseeing Juniper’s corporate transformation during her nine-year tenure as Chief Financial and Operations Officer. Her experience also includes numerous finance management roles in the automotive industry while at Toyota.

“I believe in this company, I believe in its mission and I look forward to helping Elon and the Tesla team achieve sustainable profitability and drive long-term shareholder value,” Robyn said.

“Robyn has extensive experience in both the tech and auto industries, and she has made significant contributions as a Tesla Board member over the past four years in helping us become a profitable company,” said Elon. “I look forward to working even more closely with Robyn as we continue accelerating the advent of sustainable energy.”​

I love the pick. Strong financial background, extensive Silicon Valley experience, lengthy tenure with Tesla. Don’t expect it to be market moving, but should be received positively.

As much as some of us would have enjoyed leaving the Chair empty (or appointing, say, Kanye West), this was a much better approach. This is a mature, wise decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.