Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$TSLA ~2% lead over NASDAQ has declined to only ~1.5% with (relatively) heavy trading. On a lower volume day the spike selling would have caused significant, durable drops to the stock price, but 360 appears to be price at issue. Although currently slightly above given the multiple spike selling already done today I expect a very large hammer at close to knock the stock price below 360. Given the volume of trading, however, there may be large buying appetite at close as well -- its happened before where the selling was simply soaked up.

Looking for a close in the vicinity of 360.
hmm... looks like a change of tactics: instead of selling in the last trading minute it looks like a ramp up of selling. Guess we'll see how well that works for stock price suppression.

i was on a project at one time related to automated trading and dabbled a bit with sentiment analysis. i was not impressed with the potential, as it seemed particularly easy to manipulate, and extremely error prone. perhaps if you had absolutely massive, broad application and gazillions of dollars, you could eke out a profit through sheer volume, but there'd be a lot of stupid trades in that mix.

maxresdefault.jpg

We wish it to end soon, but my gut tells me we will see 340 again before the end of this week.

The market closure Wednesday could result in low volume tomorrow and/or Thursday. If past experience is an indicator, either day could be susceptible to manipulation. Maybe we're in a new normal where that won't happen, but the memory of Wednesday / Friday before and after Thanksgiving is still very fresh in my mind.

• Helpful
Reactions: neroden and humbaba
The market closure Wednesday could result in low volume tomorrow and/or Thursday. If past experience is an indicator, either day could be susceptible to manipulation. Maybe we're in a new normal where that won't happen, but the memory of Wednesday / Friday before and after Thanksgiving is still very fresh in my mind.

This isn't a holiday though, so the volumes shouldn't be greatly affected. Everyone is still at work.

i was on a project at one time related to automated trading and dabbled a bit with sentiment analysis. i was not impressed with the potential, as it seemed particularly easy to manipulate, and extremely error prone. perhaps if you had absolutely massive, broad application and gazillions of dollars, you could eke out a profit through sheer volume, but there'd be a lot of stupid trades in that mix.

Sentiment analysis on unbiased news source is okay. I would assume that the wallstreet people know better than to feed their algo with seeking alpha articles.

• Funny
Reactions: neroden and Lessmog
Status
Not open for further replies.