Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is your global warming denial of religious nature, or can it be changed with new data?

Here's the latest data:

DgP2M5jXUAEfAOP.jpg

[Source.]

Don't be the Mark Spiegel of climate science, who instead of "There's no Tesla demand!!!" is insisting on "There's no global warming!!!". ;)
Not sure I like insulting religious folk by lumping them in with climate deniers and Mark Spiegel.

Lack of attention to people skills from a company run by an engineer. Same reason Musk can't hang on to a girlfriend, bluntly speaking.
Sales will never get any resources from Elon, nor should it. Service and delivery are just going to be an early issue for any operation starting out with exponential growth. Hopefully it improves as Tesla scales.

Given the downside of putting significant resource behind those things, I think his strategy is ok. After all, what's the standard sales/service/delivery model that literally every other car company uses? The D-word. Gross.

Reactions: Krugerrand
OT

Not sure a small tax is going to fix the issue. It will just reduce the profits or in shorts case increase losses ;).
Oh, it would eliminate HFT. No effect on other traders, but HFT depends on scraping fractions of pennies multiple times per second; a transaction tax would render it instantly unprofitable.

Isn't Porsche using 800V, while Tesla uses 350V? This means they can put roughly twice as much power to the batteries over the same thickness charging cable as a 350V charger.

This is in fact why Koenigsegg uses a 800V system (supplied by Rimac) for their Regera PHEV, saves weight on wiring and IIRC they also said inverters are lighter. It doesn’t support DC charging and has a small battery though.

Porsche will get initial demand. The question is whether their EV engineering can surpass their branding draw as compared to Tesla. Which I doubt. But there will def be demand.. it’s a nice looking car.
I see a lot of Panamara's in grocery store parking lots and presumably in the pickup lane at grammar schools. I don't see them on the highway very often. It is a very nice around town type of car, so I would assume Taycan will hit the same market. Some people really dislike Tesla, they read bad stuff about Elon and take it to heart. I don't think they'll take much or anything from Tesla, it just gives the EV market more legitimacy as THE future of all cars. It could help Tesla if Tesla haters decide to compare the two cars, especially if there is a big batter update in 2019. I think a P125D would be pretty cool. Might be getting a little close to the Roadster, but I think they need to redefine the top of the Model S/X segment.

OT

All I will say is that if you really believe that “most of the British finance industry will go to France, Germany and Ireland”
Oh, that's already happening. Preemptively. Frankfurt is getting a lot of relocations. Easy enough to Google that!

Though actually, the beneficiaries of relocations out of London are Frankfurt, Amsterdam, and Zurich, since they were already financial centers. (So France and Ireland aren't benefiting.)

• Informative
Reactions: Lessmog and humbaba
Lack of attention to people skills from a company run by an engineer. Same reason Musk can't hang on to a girlfriend, bluntly speaking.
I think someone made an Oracle comparison. Just focus on building and shipping and don't worry as much about this aspect until competition shows up. I hope they make this a big focus for 2019. If there are shorts left (there are always shorts), this will be their main story to hang onto and they will continue to create fake accounts and retell these experiences, making the problem appear much greater. If the company gets too big before trying to solve the customer experience, it will become too ingrained and very difficult to solve. On the other hand, they seem to solve stuff pretty well, but only after exhausting all the other options first :)

Reactions: neroden
I think more because he is promoting that he still can deliver cars by the end of the year in US (some may think it is demand problem). And generally when there are many tweets from Elon, the price goes down. Maybe his twitter is connected to some trading algorithm.

will see what happens when amateur hour is over

My n=1 story: referred my neighbor on 11/30 (he ordered while we were @ 36k feet on a plane to Bonaire - oh, technology). Later that day or the next he received a text saying 12/18 delivery.

Madison, Wisconsin, Dual Motor, black/black/aero.

Perhaps we should look on Elon's declaring his lack of respect for SEC from a glass half full perspective. At least he didn't explain WHY he doesn't respect the SEC. To wit, SEC penalizes Musk and Tesla for a tweet saying he's considering going private, at behest of interests who are daily committing wholesale and illegal manipulation of Tesla stock.
That would have been barbecuing the hornet's nest with a Boring company flame thrower. :eek:
I love the "news" about Musk's disdain for the SEC. Really? You can't go a day without hearing some politician talk about how they don't trust or respect "agency X" or the government in general. Heck, a sizable chunk on the right are very open about wanting to gut everything. I'm not sure who that news is targeting. Your average Joe doesn't care one bit about who likes the SEC and I imagine financial professionals have similar views.

Reactions: lklundin and Drax7
Status
Not open for further replies.