Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: wipster
15% is "back where we started before Trump started his idiotic trade war".

It was at 25% before the trade war. China reduced it to 15% and they were beginning to satisfy the US demands before Trump needlessly escalated the conflict and China hit back with 40%.

But whatever the situation before, a 25% tariff cut will be a significant boost to Tesla's profit as the situation stands today.

re Nocturnal's Oh, not at all. Speaking on behalf of finance professionals I will guarantee you every last one of them has had an eye-popping reaction to that. Spewing coffee on keyboards, expletives ranging from "Right On!" to "You have to be kidding" to "He's really done it this time" to "Stuff's really going to hit the fan now"....

That comment did indeed really make waves across the industry.
I'm surprised but stand corrected.

Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Why is it not a core advantage? The cost / kWh is the key metric for viability of EVs.

I said I consider it a core advantage....

... and that not only because of the cost/kwh but also because of cooling ability (more surface), more safe (easier to isolate), more flat design, easier to make segments and tailor the battery to the vehicle size a.o. however there are disadvantages as well e.g. SW complexity while charging.

Its should not be discussed here to be honest and I am certain there is a sub forum where all the experts are hanging out...

Moody's assigns provisional ratings to Tesla auto lease trust 2018-B Notes

Is this a precursor to the impending Moody's upgrade of Tesla corporate debt as well?

While these bonds are in a separate rating system, Moody's would obviously not rating these investment grade if they thought Tesla corporate debt was 'junk', right?

So my belief that there is a concerted manipulative effort to drive the stock below $360, but underlying fundamental demand pressure trying to bring it higher, seems to be validated. I'm going to stick with that theory for the rest of the month. :)
It’s actually the longs that are manipulating now. Creating bear traps to squeeze more weak retail shorts

Status
Not open for further replies.