Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Legend has it that Tesla rose to fame without ever paying the media for advertising. It might be a fantastic Super Bowl ad. But it would destroy a legend - one that keeps on promoting forever, for free.

Tesla has proven you can sell 250k cars per year in the US to early adopters.

Not 2.5M cars per year in the US to a mainstream audience without any advertising.

It’s actually the longs that are manipulating now. Creating bear traps to squeeze more weak retail shorts
I'm curious what longs are doing that is manipulating the stock?

I do like the ~1% lead on NASDAQ, but given behavior this morning I'm not counting on it lasting. (Which probably means its going up -- where's @tivoboy with a more accurate assessment?)

I was looking for an excuse to sell some $250s Feb '19s to upgrade to a higher strike price. Sold when the stock was ~$372. Now comes the question... hold onto the cash until later in the day, or buy the replacements immediately... hmm.... I'll give the stock a bit of time, I think.

If it gets up to ~$374, though, I'm buying immediately. ~$372 isn't a sell point for me.

i timed this just right. :)

upload_2018-12-11_12-8-34.png

Not 2.5M cars per year in the US to a mainstream audience without any advertising.

Tesla will never be able to educate consumers with 30 second clips that cost way too much. The BEST advertising for selling cars will be the 250k cars they sell in the US and their owners.

I'm convinced that Tesla never needs to pay for advertising ... especially since Tesla's target market is very internet savvy ....

Let Ford, GM, BMW and all the rest of the "established" car players continue their race to the bottom ... I want NO part of that business nor do I consider them competition for Tesla. Wake me up when a company is selling a reasonably priced EV in mass. EDIT: When ANOTHER company ... : )

Cheers to the longs.

The TSLA pull back from the day's high appears to be macro related.
It's a good thing the day and week are still young! All joking aside (I agree, weird for me), I love the general direction of the SP and the company and I really look forward to the first few days of January when the deliveries are announced.

To the Moon Alice! Maybe even Mars!

The TSLA pull back from the day's high appears to be macro related.

Yep, after a good start macro turned a bit lousy:
  • NASDAQ gave back most of the overnight gains and only bounced back a bit from yesterday's closing levels.
  • Dow gave back most of the gains as well and is below yesterday's closing now.
  • Dollar is strengthening and Euro weakening - possible Brexit worries
But the Moody's rating news for theTesla Finance bonds obviously discredited the short thesis even more, the whole bankwuptcy and 'have to finance from the market' thesis still looms large in short seller circles and they better cover while macro is still lousy.

• Helpful
Reactions: Alphacrux

Tesla can’t produce 2.5M cars per year in the world, let alone the US. At some point, they’ll probably need to advertise. That time is not even close to being here yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.