Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Technical analysis on Tesla stock for week ending 12/19/2020. Tesla breaks out to new all time highs before S&P 500 inclusion! It was extremely volatile the last fifteen minutes of the trading day on Friday. Tesla hit intra-day lows at $630 before climbing 40+ points within minutes. If bullish momentum continues next week, the next potential resistance level would be around $710. However, if Tesla pulls back, the areas of support will be $663, then $630. If it falls even lower, the next major support is around $600.

It is showing great strength and some of the experts seem to agree. Not sure if it’s a head fake but this forum continues to be right on the stock movement.

CE075A29-7F71-43DF-ABE8-519335FE893A.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: elasalle
Technical analysis on Tesla stock for week ending 12/26/2020. Tesla sold off on the day of S&P 500 inclusion, which was most likely a sell the news event. Going into next week, the charts point to bull case price targets at $675 resistance if the $644 level of support holds. If it can breakout above that level the next point of resistance would be at all time highs at around $695. My bear case price prediction, which I believe Tesla is most likely to pullback to given the MACD and RSI indicators, is support at $644. If that level does not hold the next support lies at around $620. Finally, if that level cannot hold we have very strong support at the $600 level.

Tesla news this week includes:
- Jay Leno reveals what he thinks is the genius behind Elon Musk and Tesla
- Apple’s Tim Cook refuses to take meeting with Elon Musk on possibility of acquiring Tesla

• Helpful
Reactions: Sudre
Note to self
Buying new highs works. (I plan to do so this am).
At new highs there is no resistance.
At new highs all shorts are losers and must buy back eventually.
At new highs, the price proves everyone ever was wrong on their bear thesis.
Boom boom boom boom

The chart action looks good to me. Compression of the bollinger bands over the past week. Then a break to the upside past resistance at 681 and 687 like it was nothing. Then temporary resistance at 695 and broke that. There was a big sell wall at $700 (lots of sell orders). Got through that now back testing 695. Looks bullish to me especially with Q4 delivery on Monday. We could go into price discovery to the upside.

Seeing a bull flag forming on 10 and 15 minute. Not sure what to think with the long weekend looming, and just passing a TD sequential 4 hour 9 sell.

My position is balanced call spreads waiting for a directional signal Monday.

Edit: flag broke down already, expecting retest of 700 Monday. P&D sell the news?

Last edited:
Seeing a bull flag forming on 10 and 15 minute. Not sure what to think with the long weekend looming, and just passing a TD sequential 4 hour 9 sell.

My position is balanced call spreads waiting for a directional signal Monday.

Edit: flag broke down already, expecting retest of 700 Monday. P&D sell the news?
Well my timelines haven't been great, but the breakdown sure held. Bought back the upper half of my spreads around 702. Back to fully bullish in my holdings. Onward to p&d Monday with pretty clear air above.

Technical analysis on Tesla stock for week ending 01/02/2021. Bullish momentum in Tesla continues as it makes new all time highs yet again! If the uptrend continues next week, we can see the next potential resistance point at around $735. However, if Tesla pulls back, we could see support at it’s previous all time high at $695. If that level does not hold, the next major support area will fall at around $665.

Tesla news this week includes:
- Tesla will start selling cars in India next year
- Elon Musk says Tesla can still achieve milestone of 500,000 cars in 2020, but will need to ‘go all out’