Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuneIn Radio suddenly disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like to listen to radio stations from another city on TuneIn. I have saved two favorite stations from the Washington DC area and I listen to them often since I cannot get classical music locally. One of the two keeps disappearing from my favorites list. Just a minor inconvenience to browse again, find the desired station and re-save. But today, when I noticed that once again, only one of the two stations was available on my favorites list, I tried to go back to TuneIn Radio and it's not there either. Try as I might, I could not get TuneIn to show up on my media browse page. Slacker continues to work fine. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong this time? I'm going into withdrawal symptoms!!

Last edited:
I have accidentally deleted stations by apparently hitting something on the screen. Though I have never figured out exactly what I have hit. Maybe the favorite icon when it was already favorited? But I have never lost the the entire source, or whatever it is called. Try a full reboot and see if it comes back. Hold both scroll wheels until the screen goes black and hold them until the "T" shows up, then release. Pull your USBs before doing this. Tesla told me to do that and it solved other problems I was having with media.

Well, it's not that I lost a favorite. I can live with that by simply browsing for it again, and then re-saving it. What I have lost is the ability to browse anything in TuneIn Radio. It remembers three or four other saved stations but the one I want to listen to is not on the list and when I try to browse to find it again, I cannot get to Tune IN at all. Any idea how to restore it?

I have accidentally deleted stations by apparently hitting something on the screen. Though I have never figured out exactly what I have hit. Maybe the favorite icon when it was already favorited? But I have never lost the the entire source, or whatever it is called. Try a full reboot and see if it comes back. Hold both scroll wheels until the screen goes black and hold them until the "T" shows up, then release. Pull your USBs before doing this. Tesla told me to do that and it solved other problems I was having with media.

I did this all the time, until I figured out what I was doing. The little heart symbol you tap to add to favorites is gray with a + that you tap to add. Then it turns blue when it is in your favortites list. Tap it again, to delete it.

The confusion comes in, with the little blue heart on the menu bar to select favorites list. They are the same symbol. It is very easy to accidentally tap the wrong blue heart, deleting a previous favorite, rather than selecting the favorites list. This is particularly annoying because it is not possible today, to rearrange the order of choices in the favorites list.