Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turkey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone interested, I've made a significant discovery today. Turns out, Turkish office for Tesla was incorporated in Istanbul October 12th, 2015. 9 days ago. They've had 3 job listings for Istanbul since March 2016 and there weren't any listings left for the past 2 months which led me to think political struggles we've been having lately in the country might have put them off.

However, today I've found the official Chamber of Commerce files for Tesla Motors Turkey's initiation in the official records. This means they're officially in the country and are reporting directly to Tesla Motors Netherlands.

Anyone here from another country with experience? How much longer would it be for them to start sales? This is some pretty good news after long time waiting :)

Here's the Turkish blog post of mine for anyone interested

For anyone interested, I've made a significant discovery today. Turns out, Turkish office for Tesla was incorporated in Istanbul October 12th, 2015. 9 days ago. They've had 3 job listings for Istanbul since March 2016 and there weren't any listings left for the past 2 months which led me to think political struggles we've been having lately in the country might have put them off.

However, today I've found the official Chamber of Commerce files for Tesla Motors Turkey's initiation in the official records. This means they're officially in the country and are reporting directly to Tesla Motors Netherlands.

Anyone here from another country with experience? How much longer would it be for them to start sales? This is some pretty good news after long time waiting :)

Here's the Turkish blog post of mine for anyone interested

Wow, good news!

I was in Istanbul and Thessaloniki last week, I don't think I even saw a single hybrid in Turkey and I only saw a single one in Greece. I saw Smart diesels and Cayenne diesels though.

Wow, good news!

I was in Istanbul and Thessaloniki last week, I don't think I even saw a single hybrid in Turkey and I only saw a single one in Greece. I saw Smart diesels and Cayenne diesels though.

That is because hybrids have ICEs and having an ICE means you're in that tax bracket. Doesn't matter if you have an electric motor do go with it. For example Prius has a 1.8l engine, a quite large one for The Turkish average, hence has 90% tax and 18% added to the total, making it nonsense.

With EVs however it is only 3-15%. That is why a BMW 7 series competitor like the Model S is cheaper than a 525d here. Read: great opportunity.

Have I mentioned that tax is 145% above 2.0 liters? Tesla couldn't start selling quicker.

Been spotting so many Model S' in Istanbul these days. From my estimations there are at least 20+ active Model S' in the country. I know around 7 owners myself + there are "Model S sightings photos" in the Turkish Tesla Forum. If anyone wants to check out the thread and pictures you can follow this link.

Been spotting so many Model S' in Istanbul these days. From my estimations there are at least 20+ active Model S' in the country. I know around 7 owners myself + there are "Model S sightings photos" in the Turkish Tesla Forum. If anyone wants to check out the thread and pictures you can follow this link.
Seen any info about the upcoming superchargers in Turkey? According to Tesla Motors own supercharger maps there are 2 "coming soon" in Turkey.

Seen any info about the upcoming superchargers in Turkey? According to Tesla Motors own supercharger maps there are 2 "coming soon" in Turkey.

Yes but no news of site or construction. I keep on checking job listings from Tesla in Turkey (none is there) I check the chamber of commerce for changes in Tesla Motors Turkey. (they were incorporated in Turkey as a subsidiary of Tesla Motors Netherlands B.V. 3+ months ago and all they did was incorporation, nothing else)

Where else to look for clues or signs?