Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

turn signals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find it challenging to use the turn signal buttons when the wheel is heavily rotated. I was hoping that I could use a voice command such as "signal left turn", but the car doesn't understand. It seems like something that should be relatively simple.

Is there a way of use voice commands to activate turn signals?

Why would you try to turn on the signals in the middle of a turn?
This happens regularly when I am in a roundabout (there are many where I drive) when the wheel is rotated, and I want to signal that I am exiting the roundabout.
This happens occasionally when I am taking two consecutive turns in a very short space.
I also regularly use two roads where the road curves sharply as it approaches the intersection where I will be turning. [probably a bad design, but that is the way it exists now]

I've read of others having the same problems. This would not have been a problem where I used to live where such road situations did not exist.

FWIW- I find I can use my thumb to swipe up for right and swipe down for left turn signal - that seems to be the best way to activate them if the yoke/wheel isn't straight ahead when you want to activate the signal.. YMMV

FWIW- I find I can use my thumb to swipe up for right and swipe down for left turn signal - that seems to be the best way to activate them if the yoke/wheel isn't straight ahead when you want to activate the signal.. YMMV
If the steering wheel is rotated 180 degrees in a turn, won't swiping up signal the opposite direction than if the steering wheel is pointing the wheels straight-ahead?

Reactions: xtian666
This happens regularly when I am in a roundabout (there are many where I drive) when the wheel is rotated, and I want to signal that I am exiting the roundabout.
This happens occasionally when I am taking two consecutive turns in a very short space.
I also regularly use two roads where the road curves sharply as it approaches the intersection where I will be turning. [probably a bad design, but that is the way it exists now]

I've read of others having the same problems. This would not have been a problem where I used to live where such road situations did not exist.
Trying to imagine a roundabout that requires more than a 45 degree rotation. Meaning not sure I see the major concern. Different yes but otherwise minimal concern.

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus
Hier mal eine kleine "Blinkertastenhilfe". Klappt sehr gut, da nun der Blinker rechts (zum Ausfahren aus dem Kreisverkehr) auch haptisch leicht zu finden ist. Ich komme damit sehr gut klar... 20240122_222417.jpg20240122_222441.jpg

Hmmm never knew this, will try. I have a different problem with these touch turn signal buttons. Every now and then (couple times a day) my left turn button won’t work no matter where or how hard I press it. So if I can wait to turn or change the lane I try after few seconds or minutes and it works. If I must turn or change the lane then I press right turn button (which doesn’t have this issue) and then immediately press left which always works that way. I have scheduled a mobile appointment but I bet my house that they won’t be able to fix it. Why does such an update expensive car have so many problems in less than 3 months? I had issues with navigation and none of the camera’s working at one time which took about three weeks for them to fix (they changed the ‘car computer’). It just takes out the joy or driving new car.

Hmmm never knew this, will try. I have a different problem with these touch turn signal buttons. Every now and then (couple times a day) my left turn button won’t work no matter where or how hard I press it. So if I can wait to turn or change the lane I try after few seconds or minutes and it works. If I must turn or change the lane then I press right turn button (which doesn’t have this issue) and then immediately press left which always works that way. I have scheduled a mobile appointment but I bet my house that they won’t be able to fix it. Why does such an update expensive car have so many problems in less than 3 months? I had issues with navigation and none of the camera’s working at one time which took about three weeks for them to fix (they changed the ‘car computer’). It just takes out the joy or driving new car.
I have the same problem. Tiok delivery on 3/5/24. Did mobile repair fix the problem?

Yes, they installed new yoke. Turn signals haven’t been a problem (and I am following the guidance they had provided that is not to keep your fingers on the turn signal buttons while driving unless you need to press the button to turn).
Kinda like don’t keep your finger on the trigger of a handgun?

Reactions: MSLR2023ULTRED