Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turning in my FanBoy status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posting how one is not a fanboy, on a Tesla fanboy website, is the essence of fanboying. Caring enough to post what you did, whether great points or not, makes you still a fanboy.
When I registered for this site I didn’t sign up to be a fan boy I joined to interact with other model Y owners and learn about the vehicle. I also registered my TV at LG.com; I guess that means I’ve gotta sell all of my other appliances and go all in with LG. See you can own an iPad without having an apple sticker on your car, and you can drive a Tesla without having Elon’s face tattooed over you heart. I love my MY; I don’t give two sheeps about the company that made it. If someone else comes out with a better product (looking at you VW) I’ll jump ship faster than you can say narcissistic billionaire.

When I registered for this site I didn’t sign up to be a fan boy I joined to interact with other model Y owners and learn about the vehicle. I also registered my TV at LG.com; I guess that means I’ve gotta sell all of my other appliances and go all in with LG. See you can own an iPad without having an apple sticker on your car, and you can drive a Tesla without having Elon’s face tattooed over you heart. I love my MY; I don’t give two sheeps about the company that made it. If someone else comes out with a better product (looking at you VW) I’ll jump ship faster than you can say narcissistic billionaire.

Wait, I wrote this long post and deleted it because I thought you were the OP on this thread, as you seemed super offended in your reply to me. Awkward. Let me reply to you solely then.

You didnt register your LG TV at "LG TV Club"? Heard its an amazing community.

Wait, I wrote this long post and deleted it because I thought you were the OP on this thread, as you seemed super offended in your reply to me. Awkward. Let me reply to you solely then.

You didnt register your LG TV at "LG TV Club"? Heard its an amazing community.
Oh didn’t realize this was a club thought it was just a forum; guess I need to pay more attention names on the website. Now that I know, I’m looking forward to seeing you at the next poker run.

I don’t get offended by things posted online; sorry that I gave that impression. I’ll try maybe a less aggressive font in the future perhaps something in the Arial family

Oh didn’t realize this was a club thought it was just a forum; guess I need to pay more attention names on the website. Now that I know, I’m looking forward to seeing you at the next poker run.

I don’t get offended by things posted online; sorry that I gave that impression. I’ll try maybe a less aggressive font in the future perhaps something in the Arial family

I mean, the name of the forum is "Tesla Motors.... CLUB"? :oops:

Glad you werent offended. Arial font may help. Smile emojis are the key though, or a solid fist bump, virtually would be nice.

HAHA! Touche.

I see youre in NC? Im originally from Greensboro. Best BBQ in the city was next to the strip joint. HA!
Convenient must have been referred to as the butt district; Boston and, well…

In the LKN area so we do vinegar sauce. Midwood Smokehouse is the best around here. However, I’m from South Cackalacki so I make a mustard and vinegar mix for my own recipe.

• Love
Reactions: JaeTheDev
Did someone say fanboy?

1643919671007.png

Agree on the UI, I posted this on another thread, but here it is again for those that are not aware.

This article is from April 28, 2021: Tesla's head of UI departs, showing unseen Cybertruck and FSD images in the process

Pawel Pietryka was an art director at Apple before joining Tesla back in 2016.

He quickly became Tesla’s head of user interface design – a very important role at Tesla since the in-car experience revolves around large touchscreen with user interfaces.

According to his LInkedin profile, Pietryka left Tesla last month to create his own design firm called Moderne Grafik Anstalt.

Pietryka has been replaced as head of UI design at Tesla by Ben Cunningham, who came to Tesla last year from Facebook.”

So after looking at Mr Cunningham’s LinkedIn. This guy was a staff engineer prior to taking up the role as head of UI design. He was on for 6 months as head of UI and jumped ship before *sugar* hit the fan.He had absolutely had no business taking up this role. I think the only person that could probably fix this mess is to rehire Pawel Pietryka on a contractual basis.

I fear what the Cybertruck UI will look like.

Used to be a pseudo Fan boy of Tesla- no more. I believe in steady but forward progress I.e. iphone, Porsche 911. Tesla unfortunately in my opinion has stagnated over the past year to the point it is more dangerous to drive a Tesla. A few points (no particular order)

-Interface totally sucks- please don't re-invent the wheel. UIs should evolve from MS-DOS to Apple Mac. This new interface is made for programmers not for driving in the real world. Less time going thru menus means more time looking at the road and reduce risk of accidents.

-It feels that the screen is less sensitive than before, I find myself really pressing hard on the monitor for it to register.

-Lag on the back up camera is dangerous. I reset the screen, this improved the lag for one day. I can no longer solely rely on the back up camera when I reverse as I did for the past 3 yrs.

-Autopilot/self drive has gone backwards. No significant improvement and at times worse than backwards. I paid a chunk of change for full self driving 3 yrs ago, still no self drive. Could I ask for a refund?

In summary, two steps forward, one step backwards.
I understand your points and you do have a right to be frustrated.

-I don’t mind the interface change but i do wish some things were easier to access. The dashcam, charging screen, and drive mode are a couple that come to mind.

-The cameras sometimes lag a bit but it isn’t horrible for me. Seems to happen intermittently.

-I didn’t purchase FSD and I don’t see why anyone would at this point. Why should i pay Tesla $12,000 to be their beta tester? The only feature i would use on FSD would be the navigate on AP and auto lane change. Tesla used to have EAP which included those features and a couple others. If Tesla offered EAP for <$5,000 i think they would have a lot more takers.

I love my Tesla but im not a “fanboy”. I give praise where praise is due of course but i think its also important to point out areas for improvement.

I think we are at least 3-5 years away from FSD and maybe a decade or more from full autonomy.

I am a Fanboy! That being said I found V11 painful to behold. Previous versions were not perfect but V11 was a down grade for me. In general the designers of V11 need training in Human Factors Engineering. It is an engineering discipline that is based on principles of human physiology and psychology. This applies to everything from work flow to information placement and text size. I suggest that Tesla employ a firm such as Human Factors International, a leader in the field, to help them sort out the issues that are so apparent.