Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turo - anyone use it to rent their Tesla?

Do you think it's worth to Turo your Tesla?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great, congrats on the Model X purchase! Sorry, I have a few follow up questions for you and for anyone else that may reply.

- How long have you been Turo-ing your Tesla?
- Do you rent it to anyone, do you have a choice?
- Any issues with damaging the car?
- If the car gets damage, how's the claim process?
- Do you need permission from your regular car insurance?

Thanks, looking forward for more feedback.

Great, congrats on the Model X purchase! Sorry, I have a few follow up questions for you and for anyone else that may reply.

I’ve had in on Turo for 7 months.
I rent to anyone that books, don’t really have a choice however i believe you can set an age restriction.
The only thing that’s happened to me as far as damage is the rear driver side door took a big door ding. Not big enough for Turo to cover it. Needed to be over 3 inches.
There is a form you fill out. But because I haven’t had any big issues I can’t really speak on it.
Yes and no. I was told insurance company don’t allow it. However you car is covered under Turo’s policy while it’s rented out. So what they don’t know can’t hurt them.

Thanks, looking forward for more feedback.

Any other questions feel free to ask my 3 has had 50 renters and earned over 10,000 in the last 7 months

FYI I answered your questions in the quote just click to expand to read them... never mind this is better
I’ve had in on Turo for 7 months.
I rent to anyone that books, don’t really have a choice however i believe you can set an age restriction.
The only thing that’s happened to me as far as damage is the rear driver side door took a big door ding. Not big enough for Turo to cover it. Needed to be over 3 inches.
There is a form you fill out. But because I haven’t had any big issues I can’t really speak on it.
Yes and no. I was told insurance company don’t allow it. However you car is covered under Turo’s policy while it’s rented out. So what they don’t know can’t hurt them.

You might want to read some of the reviews by people who used to do it that - some are pretty awful and suggest turo support when things go wrong isn't what it used to be :(
Sorry I can't provide links but remember reading some a month or two ago (and maybe saw some reviews on youtube). I'd do a search to get a better balance than what you'll get here

I recently got my second Tesla with Turo directly in mind to help justify the additional monthly expenses. I'm in the Seattle area and the site calculator makes it sound like I could easily offset one of the vehicles payments if I list both cars - keeping one open to me at all times. I haven't yet made the leap though as I'm still working with agents to get clarification on if I'd retain insurance coverage for personal use outside the rentals. With as much as everything is tracked, I'm not brave enough just go for it, nor can I really afford the potential loss if they refused coverage.

I am also very interested in hearing recent experiences from anyone else doing so though.

I used to rent it on Turo. I stopped because it was a pain to constantly have to clean it and meet people for the handoff. I had one bad experience with a renter who scraped the rear fender, but Turo paid for it in a timely manner. Other than that, it was fine. It's nice to have a built in monitoring system, but it can be cumbersome describing the charging to people.

My $0.02 below...

heck no.jpg

I used to rent it on Turo. I stopped because it was a pain to constantly have to clean it and meet people for the handoff. I had one bad experience with a renter who scraped the rear fender, but Turo paid for it in a timely manner. Other than that, it was fine. It's nice to have a built in monitoring system, but it can be cumbersome describing the charging to people.
So what does the renter do with their car actually, leave it at your place or are they expected to get dropped off or Uber?

I recently got my second Tesla with Turo directly in mind to help justify the additional monthly expenses. I'm in the Seattle area and the site calculator makes it sound like I could easily offset one of the vehicles payments if I list both cars - keeping one open to me at all times. I haven't yet made the leap though as I'm still working with agents to get clarification on if I'd retain insurance coverage for personal use outside the rentals. With as much as everything is tracked, I'm not brave enough just go for it, nor can I really afford the potential loss if they refused coverage.

I am also very interested in hearing recent experiences from anyone else doing so though.

Would like to hear any updated experience!

How do you handle SC charges to your account?

I’m thinking of picking up a used MX to Turo (and then maybe be convinced to list my M3 as well). I’m in DC, close to downtown, metro stop that feeds the nearby airport, and Amtrak Staton.

Perfect - exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks @Vegas Shuffle

If I can limit it to just Tesla owners - that would be perfect, and we might just pull the trigger on Turo.

We're a little apprehensive and we figure, if the renter owns a Tesla, they would at least be more respectful of the car and be familiar with it.

Heading out to Boston in April and was looking for Teslas via Turo. Saw a couple age restrictions, so would imagine you could specify or at least screen for fellow Tesla owners

Reactions: Itsuo-DC