Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Twelve Days Without Power...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went on a 17 day vacation and left both Tesla’s in the garage unplugged, charged to 90% before we left and they were fine.
That's good info, but you are a pretty smart person and probably know your experience won't mirror the person in Texas. You car is in a garage in the part of California that isn't going to get anywhere near as cold as the Texas car out in the open in the winter. Not too substantial though.

But having said that, I would not expect an issue for 17 days, if it is charged reasonably high. I recently left my X100 out in the open in Tennessee cold weather, but only for 12 days. When I came back to it, the charge had dropped from 86% to 73%. And I guess we all know there are other car settings to affect the drain. My biggest concern would be in Texas in the summer when the sun heats up the car substantially and the internal cooling come on to prevent excessive heat.

Last edited:
Just had this discussion on a FB group - here's my data from this weekend (without any driving):

upload_2020-1-21_10-40-26.png
upload_2020-1-21_10-41-26.png

In 48 hours I lost 0.52 kWh in a ≡. In Wisconsin.

Are you getting a new or used X? Once you own a Tesla, you will never go back to an ICE vehicle! Congratulations on joining the Tesla family!
New Raven X. Talked it out with my wife and am still waiting until June 21st to order (we BOTH just don't want to stick a brand new $100K vehicle in a parking lot for 12 days). Nice little Father's Day present to myself. ;-)

I've met a couple of Model 3 owners recently who say the same thing: once you go electric, you'll never go back to ICE. I'm totally OK with that! And thank you!

Reactions: SilverGS
New Raven X. Talked it out with my wife and am still waiting until June 21st to order (we BOTH just don't want to stick a brand new $100K vehicle in a parking lot for 12 days). Nice little Father's Day present to myself. ;-)

I've met a couple of Model 3 owners recently who say the same thing: once you go electric, you'll never go back to ICE. I'm totally OK with that! And thank you!
That is fantastic! Very nice Fathers day present indeed! Despite all the service issues that you read a lot about on the forums, I would still not go back to an ICE car ever.

Reactions: wreighven
That is fantastic! Very nice Fathers day present indeed! Despite all the service issues that you read a lot about on the forums, I would still not go back to an ICE car ever.
I have to admit; reading about some of the service and quality issues (even with the Raven X) makes me a bit worried. I plan on keeping this car a long time and am really hoping for a mostly trouble-free experience...

Reactions: SilverGS
I have to admit; reading about some of the service and quality issues (even with the Raven X) makes me a bit worried. I plan on keeping this car a long time and am really hoping for a mostly trouble-free experience...
Tesla will be forced to improve on the service experience in the next couple of years simply because there will be competition from the legacy manufacturers and also because they will have production somewhat under control (with the factory in China online now and the one in Germany when it comes online in 2 years or so). They will then be able to allocate the required resources to service. I'm not making any excuses for Tesla. I've been lucky so far. The one time I needed service, it was a very pleasant and prompt experience.

Reactions: wreighven