Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two odd issues, anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have felt the bump too, but only post 7.0 upgrade. A day or two after I updated circumstances required me to sit in the parked car for about 1:45 with all systems running. Not only did I hear the a/c making all kinds of crazy noise (something it never did pre-update) but several times while sitting in (P)ark I felt a little bump and movement and sometimes I heard a noise from the rear. It wasn't loud or terribly obvious but I definitely wondered about it. Once it happened to me at a stop sign and I, too, wondered if I'd been rear-ended (more like tapped). I haven't felt it since then, so I'd sort of dismissed it until I read this thread. I haven't felt it in at least a week and a half. The timing of its appearance and its intermittent nature make me think it was probably introduced in an update just prior to 7.0, maybe one of those odd in-between revisions that it seems not everyone gets? Really curious what the SC had to say to those who have been in and mentioned it recently.

I have the bump, too! Pre 7, so gentle that the first several times I was sure it was just my imagination. Mine is not so intermittent, it generally happens at least once a day. I think it started 2 or 3 months ago

I have had this issue a number of times over the past couple of weeks on my three week old P90D. It is always in stop and go traffic and is a clunk about a second or so after I have come to a complete stop. It is definitely coming from the front somewhere. Unfortunately, it is intermittent and I cannot replicate it on command, so I have not bothered to contact the service center as of yet, as it would just be a crap shoot whether they would hear it while it was in for service. Having said that, I have noticed a whine from the front motor that seems much louder than when I first got the car, so maybe I should bring it in. I am still absolutely thrilled with the car, though.

Second on the Shudder. Except, it wasn't in my MS -- it was a loaner. I just noticed it after coming to a stop and waiting for the light to change. Car shuddered. Felt exactly like I was releasing a clutch pedal without applying enough gas.

It also seemed to nudge slightly forward.

Before seeing this thread, I was attributing it to some P85 difference (the loaner was a P85) to my S85.

For a data point, the loaner P85 is pretty old (39k miles and 10k-ish vintage VIN) and has .56 of v7.