Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two Questions for Those Who Were There

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Do you think the truck bed is designed for folks who want to tow 5th wheelers? I kinda doubt it but have no perception of the truck bed depth given the slope from The roofline, and

2. Are there simple amenities inside, such as cup holders and USB ports??

I ask because I plan to haul a 5th wheel trailer around, sometimes with grandkids. We need power ports!!

Reactions: Mattzilla
1. Do you think the truck bed is designed for folks who want to tow 5th wheelers? I kinda doubt it but have no perception of the truck bed depth given the slope from The roofline, and

I ask because I plan to haul a 5th wheel trailer around, sometimes with grandkids. We need power ports!!
Zero chance of towing a 5th wheel or gooseneck. The bed design will not allow it.

This is a one-off prototype vehicle. So things like USB ports or cup holders aren’t fully implemented like they would be in a production vehicle. But there may have been a cup holder in between the two front seats on the top of the sixth fold down seat.

The truck was definitely rough around the edges and up close actually looked like a movie prop car held together with (well hidden) duct tape and wire ties. For instance there were no internal door handles in the back seat. They had to let you out.

• Informative
Reactions: Tam
...tow 5th wheelers...

I have no idea but the bed's sides are not straightly horizontal. They both are shaped like a triangle so the side becomes higher and higher from the tail toward the cab. The question is would that kind of design allow clearance for the Fifth Wheel when the truck starts to make a turn. My guess is if you set it near the rear and not near the cabin, there might be enough clearance.