Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two week window reliability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD moved from October-November to a two week window starting next week. How reliable are the Tesla two week windows? Can I expect this date to stick or will it change again? I was not planning on it arriving so soon and need the prepare if it is likely to actually arrive.

I ordered on March 3 2022 and my delivery windows have always been 6-8 weeks long, and have jumped backward and forward a little. The windows have always ended sometime in late November / early December 2022.

In Mid-August this changed to two-week window (August 27 - September 10). It narrowed to a nine-day window (September 2 - September 11). On August 31, my delivery window changed to November 10 - December 22. So the two-week windows aren't entirely reliable, sadly.

Reactions: JDEWD250
Same this week, had 2 week window, now a 4 week window a month later
Same. 2 week window changed to 4 week window early this morning. This coincided with a trade in email.
Called up Tesla today to confirm my two week window, since I am picking from Fremont they told me to get things ready by end of first week. This was the first time they were responsive in the call.
Wow, surprised they were actually responsive. What’s your EDD?

Wow, surprised they were actually responsive. What’s your EDD?
Actually got my vin right after this post. My OD was 2/20, EDD was Sep 23 - Oct 7 (it fluctuated from Aug 15 to Aug-Dec to Sep - Jan and last one before two week window was Nov 1 - Dec 13). MYLR Midnight silver with 7s. I asked about financing, told about the amount I am planning to finance and my preferred institution and let them know of my vacation plans and asked when I can expect and what I can expect once I am VIN'd. Actually the rep even talked about DCU who I am going with and said they are getting lot of DCU clients and it should be pretty seamless. Looks like the rep actually triggered the VIN process, not sure, at least in my payment, the downpayment and financing amount was written as how I talked to her. Got the email and vin and contract are in the app. Haven't got the call from Tesla yet, but I think that's probably because its late. Since I am in Fremont, looks like my car was actually produced as I was writing my first message, so cool, planning to go and see tomorrow if I can locate it.

I am at least glad it is not yet a full quarterly rush, got my vin a week before. Heard scary stories about Vins near end of quarter. I'll inspect and let know here of any QC issues if I find.

Same this week, had 2 week window, now a 4 week window a month later
This morning I went from a 2-week window to a 4 week window a whole month later.
Same here
OD 1/22 MYLR5 MSM white int tow EAP
9/7-9/21; and then on 9/8 it changed to 9/23-10/21
its now 9/24...no VIN...

Has anybody had recent luck on 'view page source' on your Tesla order page?

Last edited:
I ordered a 5 seater MYLR in midnight silver with the standard wheels and a hitch addition back in March of this year. Original EDD was between November and December of 2022.

About a week ago the EDD updated to a ~two week window between September 22 and October 5. On September 23rd the EDD humored back to an EDD of October 28 - December 2. I'd say the two week window is unfortunately pretty unreliable.

We called and talked to a representative to see why the EDD had done that since we're repeat customers (owned a M3SR and upgraded to M3LR approximately three years later), and we had never seen an EDD do that before. Their best explanation was their computer system automatically updated the EDD in the hopes that production could meet quarter end demands.

Bottom line, don't trust that window until they give you a VIN and reach out.