Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tyre Rotation Cost? (Tesla Service Home Visit)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The wife has booked a home visit for a Tyre Rotation via the Tesla Service Options within the App.

It's all booked, however there is no indication as to what the charge will be. Has anyone opted for this service recently (within the UK)?

The Tyre rotation recomendation was brought to our attention recently as part of a software update. Vehicle (Model Y) has driven approx 13k since new on original tyres with no previous rotation, tyres in good condition with approx 1mm difference between front and rears (5mm / 6mm).
I got charged £47 today for their mobile service. Pretty reasonable I thought, kwik-fit wanted £15 a corner.

What was the difference in tread depth front/rear? I’ve spoken to Tesla service today who said my current 1mm wasn’t worth doing. The technician suggested 3mm (which differs from the 1.5mm quoted on this thread).
2-2.5mm. I’ve got all seasons on the car, maybe a slightly softer compound and more susceptible to wear, so I thought worth doing. I wouldn’t bother in your case I don’t think.

Reactions: Lord Farquad