Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing Tyres on Model 3 - Tesla versus Tyre store

Flatbat

Nov 12, 2019
Melbourne
there is nothing special about alignment for tesla vehicles. if you dont live in a capital city you have to go to the same tyre place other plebs have to go to (i.e. jax tires, goodyear etc).

I have never seen them mess up an alignment. when i let go off my steering wheel the car keeps just going straight forever.
I think they have to try pretty hard to mess up an alignment with modern EPS. It masks alignment errors to some extent and road camber.

My car tracks straight, so when I get jax to fit new tyres, I am not going to touch the alignment. Will likely go with the 235/45 ZR18 (98Y) PILOT SPORT simply because they area a known quantity. You guys have convinced me not to chase acoustic linings. If there is an alternative tyre that is noticeably quieter I will consider it, but there doesn't seem to be one.

Reactions: Petros

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC