Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uhh, I don't think this Referral link was there before?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ℬête Noire

Jan 30, 2018
TX
On my main account page, not in the page for my Model 3. Does anyone, that's not heard from Tesla about their order (so no VIN, delivery date, etc), have this?

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 9.37.09 PM.png

Lol that referral code though
Somewhere in the back of my mind I was pretty sure that posting your referral code here was verboten. I was shooopin' my account name anyway, so did that as well. ;)

P.S. Hmmm, looks like I didn't go enough pages back looking for this. This sub-forum moves faster than I thought, or I've been away longer than I thought.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I was pretty sure that posting your referral code here was verboten. I was shooopin' my account name anyway, so did that as well. ;)

P.S. Hmmm, looks like I didn't go enough pages back looking for this. This sub-forum moves faster than I thought, or I've been away longer than I thought.
I'm sure you could've gotten away with that, but I admire the dedication!

Hmm, on a hunch I then opened the Tesla app on my iPhone and logged in. I tried this before, after others said they could log in. It had never worked for me before, had always immediately given an error message and forced a logoff.

Now it does allow me in. The half dozen or so How To On Your Model 3 video clips and the "loot box" were accessible.

Interesting. I've been able to log into my phone app for a couple of days. I think someone said Tesla pushed out an app update on the phones through the App and Google Play Stores. And I saw the referral code link at the top of my web page account last night. But I don't see it this morning.

My referall code is myfirstname85xxx. Does anyone think that the last five #s might also be my Vin#?

I don't think/hope so. Because I have an AWD order, and my referral code starts with 37. I hope that's not the serial number, because it points to a possible reject car. I don't think it's the serial number, because I am pretty sure there are no AWDs with serial numbers that low.

I don't think/hope so. Because I have an AWD order, and my referral code starts with 37. I hope that's not the serial number, because it points to a possible reject car. I don't think it's the serial number, because I am pretty sure there are no AWDs with serial numbers that low.
Are they to 137,xxx yet? ;)

Yeah, it wouldn't make a lot of sense having it VIN based but only 5-digits long. They'll be reserving VINs into 6-digits before the end of the year.

Reactions: rdlink