Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] ‘Highland’ order discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking through the owner's manual, it seems some of the newer regulation requirements are included in Highland. Must be treated as a new model from that perspective.

Speed Limit Indication

Speed Limit Indication: It'll "Ding you" for 5 seconds when you go over the speed limit. It can be turned off for the current drive by tapping the icon but will return the next time you come out of Park.
1697579497404.png

Drowsiness Warning: It'll monitor your face and driving style to see if you're tired when going over 40MPH and if so then it throws up notifications and audible alerts.

I drove a Lotus Electre (Amazing car) at the weekend and it was dinging almost constantly until it was disabled. If you’re trying to maintain the speed limit but maybe creep 1mph above, that’s a ding. Even before it’s turned off you get to the point you just ignore it… like a yappy wife. 😂

I drove a Lotus Electre (Amazing car) at the weekend and it was dinging almost constantly until it was disabled. If you’re trying to maintain the speed limit but maybe creep 1mph above, that’s a ding. Even before it’s turned off you get to the point you just ignore it… like a yappy wife. 😂
Best get used to it, all new cars are now mandated to have this rubbish now.

Can't wait for the stretch of national speed limit A19 that Tesla seems to think is 40mph 🙃

Best get used to it, all new cars are now mandated to have this rubbish now.

Can't wait for the stretch of national speed limit A19 that Tesla seems to think is 40mph 🙃
Yeah, I suspect Lotus have some work to do fine tuning it or my driving is terrible because it was constantly going off. Doesn’t really need it, the rear spoiler comes up at about 68mph to lower the drag coefficient and when you hit 99mph it goes higher to increase downforce. The spoiler is all you need to know if your being a really naughty boy ;)

Just something you’ll have to remember to turn off each time. At least Tesla have this nice and easy to do on the screen at all times it seems on the Highland. The Lotus it was a couple of menus deep. Obviously legally each time the car goes into park, it all turns back on.

Looking through the owner's manual, it seems some of the newer regulation requirements are included in Highland. Must be treated as a new model from that perspective.

View attachment 983025
Speed Limit Indication: It'll "Ding you" for 5 seconds when you go over the speed limit. It can be turned off for the current drive by tapping the icon but will return the next time you come out of Park.
View attachment 983026
Drowsiness Warning: It'll monitor your face and driving style to see if you're tired when going over 40MPH and if so then it throws up notifications and audible alerts.
Using the same awesome neural networks as the rain detector, imagine trying to look as perky as a Californian every day.

Reactions: Durzel
Had the drowsiness feature on our BMW for 3 years. It's not bad on that, in fact I'd go as far as saying its very good. If you're on the motorway it starts prompting you about service stations coming up and suggests you might want to stop, and on one occassion, and I confess I was pretty tired, it kicked in a "rejuvinate the driver" feature where the aircon went cold, the windows opened a touch and it started playing some cheery music, It was that good it nearly woke me up... In all seriousness, if implemented well, it is really good to have, but I'm probably not alone in wondering how well Tesla are going to implement it.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Had the drowsiness feature on our BMW for 3 years. It's not bad on that, in fact I'd go as far as saying its very good.

The one I had on last VW was probably programmed as a basic a 2 hour timer. I had a regular journey just under that, so every time, 5 minutes from home (which was in SatNav as my destination) it said "Stop now and take a break"

Worst sort of software development when finesse is easy but the vendor hasn't bothered.

Had the drowsiness feature on our BMW for 3 years. It's not bad on that, in fact I'd go as far as saying its very good. If you're on the motorway it starts prompting you about service stations coming up and suggests you might want to stop, and on one occassion, and I confess I was pretty tired, it kicked in a "rejuvinate the driver" feature where the aircon went cold, the windows opened a touch and it started playing some cheery music, It was that good it nearly woke me up... In all seriousness, if implemented well, it is really good to have, but I'm probably not alone in wondering how well Tesla are going to implement it.
Maybe that's what phantom braking is all about. Gotta hand it to Tesla, they're 10 steps ahead of the competition.

I’m still awaiting a M3 LR RWD as a company car. Have the RN, just waiting to be matched. However, had an email from Tesla saying that they are in discussion with my lease company to swap my order to the new M3.
Spoke to my fleet manager and said no thanks, I’ve waited long enough and don’t want to wait until Jan/Feb and he replied Tesla have told him Q4.
Which kind of related to the posts above for EDD.

Reactions: Mark89052
Same here, Ordered a Blue RWD Highland, originally said Jan-Feb but now says 24th Nov-31st December, seems quite optimistic unless they are shipping already?
It takes around 4 weeks to get here on a ship plus and extra week for movement within the UK. It's likely that it isn't even built yet (not that Tesla build to order anyway).

I’m still awaiting a M3 LR RWD as a company car. Have the RN, just waiting to be matched. However, had an email from Tesla saying that they are in discussion with my lease company to swap my order to the new M3.
Spoke to my fleet manager and said no thanks, I’ve waited long enough and don’t want to wait until Jan/Feb and he replied Tesla have told him Q4.
Which kind of related to the posts above for EDD.
You're lucky, I've just had Octopus EV cancel my order for a M3 LR RWD after getting all the emails from them saying it's ordered but didn't get as far as getting a RN from them.

Apparently Tesla has now stopped them ordering any M3 until early-mid November, so guess will miss the first ship if public orders are being taken. Annoyingly, I had a previous order for a M3 LR AWD cancelled but the RWD was still available so went for that, when I had a test drive at the SC the guy showed me the Tesla inventory system and there were loads of each of the M3 LR RWD versions in there waiting for their VIN to be assigned. Oh well.

I would love to see Stealth Grey next to MSM, it looks to be the same colour to me only they forgot to put the shiny flecks in the paint pot.

I very much regret getting MSM for my second Model 3, I felt getting the same car in the same colour would be too boring but now I'll certainly be going Back to Black next time.

Reactions: EVMeister