Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
Not sure how many of the following will be available immediately in the UK but Speed Sign recognition would be very much welcomed:

235c6dj4fzj51.jpeg

2n1a7cj4fzj51.jpeg

Last edited:
Could be a while to receive over the side of the Atlantic. So many different speed limit layouts in UK and Europe.

National speed limits depending on barrier / divide between carriageway. Just examples to why this may take a while to filter over here

I wonder how far ahead it reads? It’s all very well matching the limit change with the sign, but if you’re doing 50 odd and coming into a 30 then it needs to see it in good time if it’s going to slow down.

I have a Gatso near me that’s about 20 metres into the 30 limit..

Still, heading in the right direction.

I wonder how far ahead it reads? It’s all very well matching the limit change with the sign, but if you’re doing 50 odd and coming into a 30 then it needs to see it in good time if it’s going to slow down.

I have a Gatso near me that’s about 20 metres into the 30 limit..

Still, heading in the right direction.
That will be one/the reason why even if it reads the signs it still won't change the speed automatically - will remain driver's responsibility.

That will be one/the reason why even if it reads the signs it still won't change the speed automatically - will remain driver's responsibility.

see my post above, owner with the update posted a video to Twitter showing it does change target speed in autopilot when a new sign is read.

looks like we’re only getting “Cruise Set Speed Improvements” from this update. The rest is limited to certain countries for now.

see my post above, owner with the update posted a video to Twitter showing it does change target speed in autopilot when a new sign is read.

looks like we’re only getting “Cruise Set Speed Improvements” from this update. The rest is limited to certain countries for now.
Hmm. I'm not totally convinced, can see that it did change but think we need more examples/evidence of it actually changing between different speeds.

Seems an odd thing to me to change it without confirmation especially as it's the first time they're doing speed sign recognition