Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q3 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems to be an emerging pattern with the missing SuC miles.
From what I've read, it should show up in your loot box not long after signing over the car, like almost immediately.

If you all could keep us updated about it, I would be very grateful. Hopefully it's an easy resolution and you get the SuC miles asap
Sent an email regarding this issue through support, but had no reply, so after 2 days I went on to chat and they looked into my account and said that I had not used a referral code when ordering the car and as I have no proof that I did I guess I'm not gonna get my free miles charging.

Sent an email regarding this issue through support, but had no reply, so after 2 days I went on to chat and they looked into my account and said that I had not used a referral code when ordering the car and as I have no proof that I did I guess I'm not gonna get my free miles charging.
My miles appeared this morning, I had a feeling the systems had to update overnight

Reactions: Achybolo and NJR46
Thinking of getting mine ceramic coated

what kinda cost was in this?
It seems to vary based on how much the detailer charges for labour (as it's primarily a labour cost) and what product is used but I used a well established detailer accredited by GTechniq, the car was in for 2 days having GTechniq Crystal Serum Ultra applied to the paintwork as well as a coating applied to the wheels and glass. This also included a full paint prep/correction which accounts for a lot of the time too. I was charged £800 all-in, but if you only had the paintwork done and perhaps chose the next ceramic coating product down it'd be about £600.

I highly recommend it though, the paint correction alone made a massive difference compared to the condition of the paint on delivery, and the coating locks that in and adds a really high gloss and easy maintenance. Definitely happy I had it done, I was skeptical at the start but completely sold on it once I saw the end result.

My miles appeared this morning, I had a feeling the systems had to update overnight
Same! Both me and my referred friend both got our miles this morning :)

Reactions: Achybolo and Mr H
Sorry to hear that. It's kind of ridiculous that they don't simply put confirmation of referral in writing in the initial deposit invoice. So you have to wait right up until delivery/collection date to find out if it worked or not, making it more difficult to rectify

I called "Michael" at Tesla this afternoon about my referral miles. Bare in mind I am leasing my Model 3.

Michael can clearly see the 1000 miles on my account (I don't see then in either the loot box or account page) and says that I won't be charged for the first 1000 miles.

I called "Michael" at Tesla this afternoon about my referral miles. Bare in mind I am leasing my Model 3.

Michael can clearly see the 1000 miles on my account (I don't see then in either the loot box or account page) and says that I won't be charged for the first 1000 miles.
Mine did not show in the app, I visited the supercharger last night and was billed for the first charge, then the free 1000 miles showed this morning.

I had the same situation, the driver actually phoned to tell me he was on the way, then the tracking text arrived as the car was being unloaded from the truck.
This seems to happen often. I can only assume that some of the drivers don't know the process and only update their app when they deliver the vehicle rather than when they first set off and then again once it has been delivered.

Just picked up my M3LR black from glasgow

All very simple 10 mins tops ID and sign an ipad

car is amazing and app was setup before I left

no faults found as yet, maybe needs a better polish but in to get

best car I have ever driven

came with 51% charge

done my fist charge tonight in a free charger so back to 78%, driving about it was down to about 28% took about 35mins

love this car so much and it’s sooo bloody fast

tested the autopilot

they forgot to make my private plates but made them in 10 mins and never charged me…yet!

came with 51% charge

done my fist charge tonight in a free charger so back to 78%, driving about it was down to about 28% took about 35mins

tested the autopilot

they forgot to make my private plates but made them in 10 mins and never charged me…yet!
Hurrah!!! Glad all is well. You must be like a pig in sh*t right now!

Tomorrow for me! Mega excited

came with 51% charge

tested the autopilot

Hurrah!!! Glad all is well. You must be like a pig in sh*t right now!

Tomorrow for me! Mega excited
You will love it great experience and car is sensational

came with 51% charge

tested the autopilot

+1

Picked up my Black Model 3 Performance today from Hall 16 at the NEC Birmingham.

About 40% charge... came out onto the dual carriageway like a stabbed rat... bloody 'ell it's fast.

Tried Autopilot and that worked in the hellish Friday afternoon gridlocked roundabout queues.

Sat in the car for an hour, setting up boombox USB, Playstation Controller, smartphone access, generally messing about with all weather mats, cubbyhole boxes, cable chargers etc.

Currently on home charger pulling 8kW... so tomorrow is going to be fun 😁

+1

Picked up my Black Model 3 Performance today from Hall 16 at the NEC Birmingham.

About 40% charge... came out onto the dual carriageway like a stabbed rat... bloody 'ell it's fast.

Tried Autopilot and that worked in the hellish Friday afternoon gridlocked roundabout queues.

Sat in the car for an hour, setting up boombox USB, Playstation Controller, smartphone access, generally messing about with all weather mats, cubbyhole boxes, cable chargers etc.

Sounds like my setup procedure , except I was getting all the audio as I like it, flac and spotify all set now...nice!

+1

Pictures!!

Reactions: PITA and mosraza

Attachments

• 20210910_212154.jpg
    20210910_212154.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: NJR46 and Magstauk