Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Refresh RHD Model 3 Accessories [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@leejfitted these today, early days but I think they're pretty decent, I can't of course comment of their longevity!

20211215_133526.jpg

Reactions: JonP73
Hi all I just got my M3 SR+ last week and am sorting myself out some accessories. There seems to be a lot of different opinions out there about floor matts and I wondered if anyone has experience buying from Carmats Uk

They have a range of options - I was thinking to get the standard rubber. However they seem so cheap compared to most others I have found.

If anyone has any other recommendations that would be welcome, looking to keep the cost under £100

Cheers

Hi all I just got my M3 SR+ last week and am sorting myself out some accessories. There seems to be a lot of different opinions out there about floor matts and I wondered if anyone has experience buying from Carmats Uk

They have a range of options - I was thinking to get the standard rubber. However they seem so cheap compared to most others I have found.

If anyone has any other recommendations that would be welcome, looking to keep the cost under £100

Cheers
I bought the “luxury” version before our M3 arrived last year and didn’t end up needing them as Tesla added the mats as a goodwill gesture for the delays on their end.
Having said that the Car Mats Uk version seem identical to the Tesla ones and at c.£30 for the full car I don’t think they’re bad even if they only last a year.

Many thanks. I applied my front plate directly to the mounting bracket behind the ugly black frame with double sided tape, but it seems to keep lifting at each end due to the curved shape. Need to find a better solution.
I had just the same problem. I drilled it and put two screws through into the original mounts behind the plate. Used the 'capped' ones for number plates which come with white/black/yellow caps depending on where you need them. (Ebay - about £4) Looks fine now as the plate has that nice curve to follow the shape of the front end.

(To locate the holes, I took off the original back plate and marked the back of the number plate and drilled through.).

Reactions: JonP73
Many thanks. I applied my front plate directly to the mounting bracket behind the ugly black frame with double sided tape, but it seems to keep lifting at each end due to the curved shape. Need to find a better solution.
You need some very strong tape, and it's too cold to get the best bond in the UK at the moment. Minimum temp is 10 deg but 3M normally recommend 20 - 22 deg.

As others have suggested, a screw at each end is probably the way to go.

I expect delivery 1ts week in march giving me 2 months to source:
Carbon Fibre trim for all the interior wood effect trim.
Carbon fibre tailgate trim.
Boot mats front and back
All this stuff (sold on Amazon etc.) is made in China. I've got time to get it here via AliExpress. What do I look for /avoid on AliExpress to ensure I get decent stuff / decent fitting stuff?

And . . . ..
the rubber bungs for jacking up the car (if Elon Musk is reading this post - IMO those things should be supplied as standard with every car (or better still, install them as a semi-permanent removable fixture))

I expect delivery 1ts week in march giving me 2 months to source:
Carbon Fibre trim for all the interior wood effect trim.
Carbon fibre tailgate trim.
Boot mats front and back
All this stuff (sold on Amazon etc.) is made in China. I've got time to get it here via AliExpress. What do I look for /avoid on AliExpress to ensure I get decent stuff / decent fitting stuff?
The dividers that help to organise the cubby holes between the seats; controllers to play cuphead, sonic; USB c to a converter; 3d mats if you are worried about Tesla supplied carpets; seat protectors for child seat; some screen protector if you are worried about scratching; fake stainless steel pedal covers for brake and accelerator like performance model.

@leejfitted these today, early days but I think they're pretty decent, I can't of course comment of their longevity!

View attachment 744645
Added red Tesla logo badges to the boot and bonnet to match the wheels, just now. The ones I bought fit over the top of the existing chrome logos. I also received one for the steering wheel, but haven't changed that one, nor do I think I will...

Before...
20220101_122240.jpg

After...
20220101_123249.jpg

Bonnet...
20220101_124045.jpg

Added red Tesla logo badges to the boot and bonnet to match the wheels, just now. The ones I bought fit over the top of the existing chrome logos. I also received one for the steering wheel, but haven't changed that one, nor do I think I will...
@Filbert1884 can you link the ones you got hold of? They look great. I have a white M3 cooking; due to arrive ~march. The ones I see on Amazon seem to be 'replacement' ones, which I don't want to do if you can get ones that just adhere to the existing ones. Yours look flawless. I wanted to get matt black ones if they do them.

Crikey I have one more.

3Dmaxpider seems popular, but has anyone taken a leap of faith and ordered this?

TAPTES® Floor mats for Tesla Model 3 2022 2021 2020 2019 2018, floor coverings for Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model 3 accessories, waterproof and non-slip floor mats for model 3. Accessories for model 3 : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

Now, on our UK Amazon page it shows a left hand drive. In ambiguous replies the seller says it's RHD, but makes no effort to advertise a RHD set of mats. One customer showed trying to put it in his M3, and they gave him a LHD set!

Figured this is THE place to see if anyone rolled the dice on these!