Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Refresh RHD Model 3 Accessories [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Few more bits today

IMG_20211212_154850.jpg

IMG_20211212_155237.jpg

IMG_20211212_155016.jpg

IMG_20211212_154419.jpg

Has anyone declared exterior and interior modifications to their insurer? I am trying to get a quote for my M3 RWD to include rear spoiler (similar to performance lip spoiler) but its straight away decline with so far three insurers. Apparently any modification to the car which is not standard specification must be declared. Any thought or experience on this from anyone?

Has anyone declared exterior and interior modifications to their insurer? I am trying to get a quote for my M3 RWD to include rear spoiler (similar to performance lip spoiler) but its straight away decline with so far three insurers. Apparently any modification to the car which is not standard specification must be declared. Any thought or experience on this from anyone?
Bag hooks for the boot, Tesla puddle lights, speigen screen protector? I mean it could get very silly if all car owners were to contact insurers and declare furry dice etc

I suppose unreality they probably are only interested in mods that enhance performance or perhaps make the car more noticeably attractive to thieves?

I’m sure the ombudsman might also take a sim view of a rejected claim due to minor cosmetic enhancements. It’s an interesting subject though and worth being clear and 100% honest with your insurer.

Bag hooks for the boot, Tesla puddle lights, speigen screen protector? I mean it could get very silly if all car owners were to contact insurers and declare furry dice etc

I suppose unreality they probably are only interested in mods that enhance performance or perhaps make the car more noticeably attractive to thieves?

I’m sure the ombudsman might also take a sim view of a rejected claim due to minor cosmetic enhancements. It’s an interesting subject though and worth being clear and 100% honest with your insurer.
Agreed.. some of the accessories/modifications like above mentioned and mainly interior doesn't need to be mentioned however spoilers, brake calipers, body kits, changing emblems etc. should be declared (this is very much grey area though). Problem really comes when a big claim on the policy where car is under claims management survey. Surveyor logs everything he sees on car and report it to the claims management company. Its always safe to be sorry later. I declared after market mud flaps too.

Reactions: bingbongbing
Thinking of getting these

I like the idea of Midnight Silver Metallic with Red badges....

Reactions: JonP73