Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Refresh RHD Model 3 Accessories [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you pulled this off, you might just have to be knighted!
How did you mount it ? Can you take a cheeky photo?
2 screws/rawlplugs.

Hardly rocket science but I'll take the new year honour, cheers!

(If no joy with that, search for 'hose hangers' tons of choice).

7B7976B3-48EC-4971-872B-C02639D4340E_1_105_c.jpeg
33623755-6BFB-4434-9912-DB45D9D24711_1_105_c.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Snowy77
You absolutely nailed it @HenryT . What do you use to house the charge head or did it come with the wallbox?

In any case, I'm inspired. Brilliant. And thanks so much for the pic, really appreciate it. Cudos.
The thing the head attaches to was something that went up with the Wallbox charge point, so I thought I would surround it with the cable winder. No need to use one, but I just found it a faff dealing with the rubber cover on the end of cable otherwise, as it is a very tight fit, which is why it just hangs there now.

The original idea with the Wallbox charge point is that the cable winds around the charge point body itself, but I found it was forever falling off and would get in the way of the garage door, hence looking for a better solution. Very easy to use as it is now and you just find yourself coiling the cable as you approach the bracket to just hang it on.

Reactions: JonP73
Whilst here, has anyone tried or use one of these?

EV Charger Type 2 Wall Bracket for Charging Cable Wallbox Charging Station Charging Cable Organizer Charger Bracket Wall Connection Holder : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

At first glance appear like a good buy for ~£25.

I think I was sold as soon as I was presented with the word : Stange 🤩

View attachment 754571
I have this...

Type 2 Charging Cable Organizer, EVs Motors Wall Mount Connector Cable Organizer Bracket Charger Holder Adapter Fit most EU Standard Type 2 Charging Cable Organizer, EVs Motors Wall Mount Connector Cable Organizer Bracket Charger Holder Adapter Fit most EU Standard : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

The thickness of the cable on the granny charger makes ensuring the cable is wound in a way so that the plug fits in the holder a little tricky sometimes, due to the resistance of the thick cable, but it's simple and does the job.

Thank you very much sir, that is everything I could ask. Annoying ofc they don't have matt black in stock right now 😅
Bookmarked.

I have this...

Type 2 Charging Cable Organizer, EVs Motors Wall Mount Connector Cable Organizer Bracket Charger Holder Adapter Fit most EU Standard Type 2 Charging Cable Organizer, EVs Motors Wall Mount Connector Cable Organizer Bracket Charger Holder Adapter Fit most EU Standard : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

The thickness of the cable on the granny charger makes ensuring the cable is wound in a way so that the plug fits in the holder a little tricky sometimes, due to the resistance of the thick cable, but it's simple and does the job.
Been studying side by side pics and I wouldn't be surprised if they're identical. The difference is one is far more 'stange' than the other :D

Ideally I wanted something to 'plug' the charge head in when it's not.. plugged in.. I know that sounds totally clumsy worded like that. It's an expensive and important bit of gear and wasn't sure if the actual housing came with the charge which it looks like it doesn't. The B&Q cable tidy looks great.. might have to research if the tesla charger does indeed come with some kind of holster (or not).

Ideally I wanted something to 'plug' the charge head in when it's not.. plugged in.. I know that sounds totally clumsy worded like that. It's an expensive and important bit of gear and wasn't sure if the actual housing came with the charge which it looks like it doesn't. The B&Q cable tidy looks great.. might have to research if the tesla charger does indeed come with some kind of holster (or not).
If it's the Tesla home charger you are buying then it doesn't come with a holster. The 'head' plugs into the side of the charger when not in use and the cable wraps around the body - see here

tesla-wall-connector.jpg

Reactions: Snowy77
Morning all

What does everyone use for tyre inflation / puncture options ?

Been meaning to get round to something and have some time to browse now sat, with a flat tyre, waiting for Tesla Roadside Assistance to call back ......

I’d just grab a couple of tins of the compressed air and goop to cover any punctures. They do expire after a few years but they are so cheap it’s not really a concern.

Any more than that you are looking at recovery anyway.

E.g. something like this

Thanks all for your reccomendations !

The hero wheel looks like an option.

After speaking with the mobile tyre guy I'm not sure the foam / slime in a can would work due to the foam acoustic lining in the tyres ? May get one for emergencies anyway.

For anyone interested the tyre was £255 fitted in situ. Couldnt be repaired as although the (rather large) hole may have been able to be repaired, me limping to the garage on a flat tyre had cracked / damaged the sidewall. 🙈

IMG_20220128_103258.jpg

I’d just grab a couple of tins of the compressed air and goop to cover any punctures. They do expire after a few years but they are so cheap it’s not really a concern.

Any more than that you are looking at recovery anyway.

E.g. something like this

Have you required to use this stuff on a foam lined "acoustic" tyre? I know it makes a heck of a mess in a normal tyre but I envisage a horrendous scene ... and most likely failing to seal the puncture into the bargain. I suspect that many tyre places would just refuse to get involved!

That may have been something that could have been sorted out at the roadside, before the tyre wall was damaged if you had a plug kit and a means of blowing up the tyre?

The light came on (low pressure) then went into limp mode, I was passing a junction, came off and into a garage.

It was a judgement call - being stuck on the side of a busy motorway or relative safety to assess the situation

I would not have wanted to have been on the side of the motorway for the best part of three hours.

I'm also not convinced given the size of the hole and the foam lining that a plug or foam canister would have worked

Have you required to use this stuff on a foam lined "acoustic" tyre? I know it makes a heck of a mess in a normal tyre but I envisage a horrendous scene ... and most likely failing to seal the puncture into the bargain. I suspect that many tyre places would just refuse to get involved!

The tyre repair guy was skeptical it would work

Couldnt be repaired as although the (rather large) hole may have been able to be repaired, me limping to the garage on a flat tyre had cracked / damaged the sidewall.
Yep, it's a killer if you need to drive even a very short distance on a flat tyre ... almost guaranteed to damage the sidewalls beyond future use. And in the case of pothole punctures the sidewall can be ripped anyway.

Reactions: JonP73
Does anyone have any experience of ceramic coatings?
I am waiting for midnight silver M3, and will be parking under trees. I am keen to protect paintwork and the gloss finish.
I've had a range of quotes, different quality, brand and suggested duration of cover, and price variants.
Keen for any feedback please.

Does anyone have the latest official Tesla boot/trunk liner that’s now available for their Model 3? I’ve got one on order and was wondering if anyone has experience of whether it’s good or not, and if you can still easily access the under floor storage in the boot with it installed? Can’t seem to find a single review online of it.

I’ve also ordered the official all-weather mats. I did try cancelling the order but they shipped it anyway so will give them a go and return if I don’t like them.