Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.36

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well my wipers were thrashing about on a dry screen on a sunny morning again today so no improvement at all. Absolute crap.
jw8mRWF.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Zilla91
What’s the current thoughts on 2022.36.x? Someone can update me on the latest version as I’ve lost track! .6?

It finally looks to be stable. Can the same be said of the features or are there any noteworthy issues, that .28 doesn't?

Struggling with Wi-Fi dropouts downloading 2022.28.x so thinking of just waiting for .36.x rather keep venturing out in this weather to restart the download.

Last edited:
What’s the current thoughts on 2022.36.x? Someone can update me on the latest version as I’ve lost track! .6?

It finally looks to be stable. Can the same be said of the features or are there any noteworthy issues, that .28 doesn't?

Struggling with Wi-Fi dropouts downloading 2022.28.x so thinking of just waiting for .36.x rather keep venturing out in this weather to restart the download.
I only had 36.6 a few days and then 40.4 dropped.
from recollection, 36.2 pushed the car too close to the curb for my liking. 36.6 moved it away again. 40.4 has pushed it back again!
I confess it’s hard to keep track. Through October, I had 36.1, .2, .5 & .6 and 40.4 on 2nd November.
The little changes in the 36 stream were ok, particularly the radio identifying DAB stations again.
Wipers and AHB may have been tweaked but that’s quite subjective.
Of the bunch, 36.6 was probably the best.

Personally I haven't found any improvement in anything, still not changing lanes when I request consistently and it still wants to move into the middle lane because of cones or passing exits. AHB still is as bad as before and auto wipers are unpredictable. 2022.36.6

Had our first long drive on 2022.36.6 - all together a positive experience but that is what I would have expected as, whilst long, wasn't a particularly arduous drive.

First. Just shy of continuous 3 hours stint mostly on NoA. A couple if disengagements, particularly turning off of M6 onto M54 just north of Birmingham. Got to destination for a supercharge and discharge. Certainly, far more relaxed than had it been a manual drive. TBH, NoA probably added very little to this. Once on M40, it was pretty straight forward all the way to destination just off M54.

The car mostly felt a little smoother in its manoeuvres, but having 3+ years experience Tesla experience, you learn that the experience of one drive doesn't carry over to others. Queuing, as one does through Birmingham, car was just as much as wanting to do its racing start then slamming on brakes as it use to. I did notice though that after *some* situations when a slower vehicle in front clears, such as passing slow vehicles, into a queue of reluctant cars, that pickup was pretty good - on some occasions - which didn't induce the need to tap the accelerator.

One scenario of note, was on M54 and a merging car from the left slip. I indicated to move into right lane but NoA was sluggish to move. As a result, I carried on (without adjusting speed or course), as did the joining vehicle, on a collision course. Just as I was about the brake to avoid collision, the car did it for me, although much more violently. Others in the car though that I had taken the avoiding action, but it was all the cars own work. And didn't even disengage. Which begs the question, was that standard AP functionality, or is the 'uncrashable' occupancy network at actively working in part in 2022.36.6? Apart from avoiding the collision, it could have prempted the scenarios better - I sat it out as I was expecting the car to change lanes and was happy to see what it would do - and even so, an easing off of accelerator would have been all that was needed even at that late stage as only needed to drop a car or so back.

For return trip, change of driver and this time no Autosteer/NoA, just TACC. It was dark, reverse journey so 98% motorway. A fair amount of traffic. Car seemed to see pretty well. On TACC, no auto high beam icon or use of by the car. I thought that AHB was forced on you even using TACC? Anyway, no issues with what it provided until...

However, one major concern, which I think has already been raised by NHTSA and Tesla are already on to (possibly mentioned in 10.69.2.x FSD release notes), but something to be wary of until fully resolved. Thankfully, apart from being dark and relatively (ie normal) busy motorway, weather was dry, but may have been a different story had roads not been dry or it was wet.

Coming up the M40 back towards London, you start climbing over the Chilterns, at which point the motor gets an extra 'crawler' lane. We stuck with that lane and part way up, came across a lower moving vehicle, followed closely by a motorcycle. Quite dark, both had lights on. Even though the car was visualising the car in front, nothing for the motorcycle. We were discussing whether the car had seen the motorcycle and were slowly getting to the point where we were about to drop out of TACC and slow, when the car suddenly braked and visualised the motorbike. No harm done, but unnecessary violent braking. But it certainly made us wonder whether 2022.36.6 would have seen that bike in less dry conditions...

Had our first long drive on 2022.36.6 - all together a positive experience but that is what I would have expected as, whilst long, wasn't a particularly arduous drive.

First. Just shy of continuous 3 hours stint mostly on NoA. A couple if disengagements, particularly turning off of M6 onto M54 just north of Birmingham. Got to destination for a supercharge and discharge. Certainly, far more relaxed than had it been a manual drive. TBH, NoA probably added very little to this. Once on M40, it was pretty straight forward all the way to destination just off M54.

The car mostly felt a little smoother in its manoeuvres, but having 3+ years experience Tesla experience, you learn that the experience of one drive doesn't carry over to others. Queuing, as one does through Birmingham, car was just as much as wanting to do its racing start then slamming on brakes as it use to. I did notice though that after *some* situations when a slower vehicle in front clears, such as passing slow vehicles, into a queue of reluctant cars, that pickup was pretty good - on some occasions - which didn't induce the need to tap the accelerator.

One scenario of note, was on M54 and a merging car from the left slip. I indicated to move into right lane but NoA was sluggish to move. As a result, I carried on (without adjusting speed or course), as did the joining vehicle, on a collision course. Just as I was about the brake to avoid collision, the car did it for me, although much more violently. Others in the car though that I had taken the avoiding action, but it was all the cars own work. And didn't even disengage. Which begs the question, was that standard AP functionality, or is the 'uncrashable' occupancy network at actively working in part in 2022.36.6? Apart from avoiding the collision, it could have prempted the scenarios better - I sat it out as I was expecting the car to change lanes and was happy to see what it would do - and even so, an easing off of accelerator would have been all that was needed even at that late stage as only needed to drop a car or so back.

For return trip, change of driver and this time no Autosteer/NoA, just TACC. It was dark, reverse journey so 98% motorway. A fair amount of traffic. Car seemed to see pretty well. On TACC, no auto high beam icon or use of by the car. I thought that AHB was forced on you even using TACC? Anyway, no issues with what it provided until...

However, one major concern, which I think has already been raised by NHTSA and Tesla are already on to (possibly mentioned in 10.69.2.x FSD release notes), but something to be wary of until fully resolved. Thankfully, apart from being dark and relatively (ie normal) busy motorway, weather was dry, but may have been a different story had roads not been dry or it was wet.

Coming up the M40 back towards London, you start climbing over the Chilterns, at which point the motor gets an extra 'crawler' lane. We stuck with that lane and part way up, came across a lower moving vehicle, followed closely by a motorcycle. Quite dark, both had lights on. Even though the car was visualising the car in front, nothing for the motorcycle. We were discussing whether the car had seen the motorcycle and were slowly getting to the point where we were about to drop out of TACC and slow, when the car suddenly braked and visualised the motorbike. No harm done, but unnecessary violent braking. But it certainly made us wonder whether 2022.36.6 would have seen that bike in less dry conditions...
It is right. No AHB on TACC