Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Model 3 Long Range Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
got it, think its pretty much the same as before, cant tell if camera are new style i think there older type.

driven it 2 miles back to work and thats it, didnt finish camera calibration in that time.

handover was simple, quick check, get in, drive, job done.

my god the wood dash is horrid though, and i think screen tilt will be on order today.

got it, think its pretty much the same as before, cant tell if camera are new style i think there older type.

driven it 2 miles back to work and thats it, didnt finish camera calibration in that time.

handover was simple, quick check, get in, drive, job done.

my god the wood dash is horrid though, and i think screen tilt will be on order today.
Did you have any issue with getting a mobile connector (3 pin) from them?, not sure if it’s the case for the UK but you have to buy them separately now I think. Although if you order prior to (late?) April you should still get it for free

pretty sure its in there, will go check shortly, but think he said 3 pin is the frunk and AC cable (blue cable) in the boot.

there was the red trigangle and flurescent vest in boot, and a couple of bags in the frunk so i presume one of those is the 3 pin plug and the other is probably to do with my tow hitch.

15 days to T-Day.
So if my wife and I are both going to drive the car I think we both need to install the App on our respective phones BUT do we each use different credentials.
ie. can the same car be on more than 1 account? Or if we both want to use the App do we share the login/password?
Am I over thinking this?

15 days to T-Day.
So if my wife and I are both going to drive the car I think we both need to install the App on our respective phones BUT do we each use different credentials.
ie. can the same car be on more than 1 account? Or if we both want to use the App do we share the login/password?
Am I over thinking this?
Either is possible. As the owner you can invite someone who can create their own account and be associated with your car.

Well, thats job done. I'm leaving the waiting room for the next stage.
Picked up from Bluewater today. Covered in salt and slushy mud by the time I got home, which was ages later due to someone crashing near the exit to the dartford tunnels. It was dark by the time I got home. Ive cleared a load of old tut out of my garage since getting rid of my TT but this car is SO MUCH bigger. Only just fits. I think i need to perfect folding the mirrors as they come through the door then unfolding them after. I'm reversing in so using the mirrors(both to see in and to guage that I'm in the middle). Thers less than 1 cm each side with the mirrors extended. Also going to have to reconfigure some shelving at the back of the garage so i can shut the door.
Good fun driving home though despite the delays. Only thing that bugged me immediately was that I thought the visibility out the back window poor. The back parcel shelf is too high. So by visibility I mean WHAT you can see not how well you can see it. I may have only noticed as the Wife was following and I was trying to make sure she was keeping up. She was , but so close I could only see the top of her car so wasnt sure it was the right one ( Like I said, It was dark).
Anyway, plugged the (Tesla) charger in and it worked first time.

its on version 2022.28.300 at the moment so have scheduled an update tonight. I am expecting a completely different behaviour tomorrow with 2022.40.4.2 which on some other forums has been accused of various craziness. We'll see. I didn't see a way of NOT updating. The options seemed to be: do it now or do it overnight.

Ohh well good luck to all those still waiting. Hope your wait isnt as long as mine was. They have hundreds of cars at Bluewater.

Reactions: Ted56
😭😭😭

Absolutely devastated today, Car was delivered after a very long wait, but i choose to not accept delivery as it had NO parking sensors.

Was reassured by Arval that it would come with sensors, and during delivery Tesla Bristol told me that they have not delivered a car with sensors since October.

Back to the drawing board for me then

😭😭😭

Absolutely devastated today, Car was delivered after a very long wait, but i choose to not accept delivery as it had NO parking sensors.

Was reassured by Arval that it would come with sensors, and during delivery Tesla Bristol told me that they have not delivered a car with sensors since October.

Back to the drawing board for me then
Sorry to hear. I agreed to take delivery, like most collecting in Q4, without UltraSonic Sensors.

Do you not have confidence in the new Teslavision software update (coming soon) to enable parking assist again using a different approach or were you not aware of the announcement a few month back on the removal of USS for new vehicles?

Great, Tesla have messed up and my car, which was due to be delivered tomorrow, has been reallocated to someone else. 9 month wait from order, finally get a car assigned only for them to mess up. Fed up and pi%%ed off

Sorry to hear. I agreed to take delivery, like most collecting in Q4, without UltraSonic Sensors.

Do you not have confidence in the new Teslavision software update (coming soon) to enable parking assist again using a different approach or were you not aware of the announcement a few month back on the removal of USS for new vehicles?
Yes i was aware of this, and this is exactly why i contacted Arval/Tesla, what really peed me off if that i told them then if no sensors are included then please cancel my order, 3 months wasted.

I would love to have faith in TV, but i live in a terraced house with bumper to bumper parking (in a student area with lots of bad parkers), The rear camera would be ok, but how can the car know the front distance when the camera is on the windshield. if camera were on the bonnet/grill then they could offer 360 view which would also work.