Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø No idea. Just going from previous posts by other members who said that when they were prompted to accept access to Bluetooth on the app, they have seen update on Tesla order page with VIN in source code.

If I was to speculate I would think that allowing app to use Bluetooth could be something to do with unlocking/locking car when you using your phone as key. Thatā€™s the only thing which makes sense as you approaching car and connection between phone and car is established and car unlocks. I guess when they allocate VIN (even though only in source code) they expect delivery/collection of the car soon and therefore making sure that your phone app is ready to be used as key. But I might be wrong, so take above response with pinch of salt šŸ˜ƒ
Iā€™ve confirmed delivery on 12th March - but Iā€™ve had nothing from the app. Iā€™m assuming its because Iā€™m a lease personā€¦..

Reactions: jmhumphreys
I ordered rwd white and aero wheel too on the 25th jan from lease. Still no vin or match :(
I think like some others mentioned on here, my VIN was almost exactly a calendar month before delivery. So as its stands there is still a decent chance for it to come in before end of march. Got my fingers crossed for you! This forum is the best Iā€™ve ever seen for information. Been a life saver that even though the days drag - you at least feel your in decent company. I was originally told December. Iā€™ll provide some specs and photos if it wonā€™t pain you too much on delivery.

I think like some others mentioned on here, my VIN was almost exactly a calendar month before delivery. So as its stands there is still a decent chance for it to come in before end of march. Got my fingers crossed for you! This forum is the best Iā€™ve ever seen for information. Been a life saver that even though the days drag - you at least feel your in decent company. I was originally told December. Iā€™ll provide some specs and photos if it wonā€™t pain you too much on delivery.
I am so glad that i found this website as well, everyone here are so informative and especially for me its growing mt wisdom and knowledge from peoples experiences in here. - defo show us some photos buddy it will be great! Even though i haven't been assigned to one yet it gives me great joy that the fact people are getting theres. :)

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
I am so glad that i found this website as well, everyone here are so informative and especially for me its growing mt wisdom and knowledge from peoples experiences in here. - defo show us some photos buddy it will be great! Even though i haven't been assigned to one yet it gives me great joy that the fact people are getting theres. :)
Consider it done buddy. Iā€˜m via LEX and i had a SMS with delivery and then i had to reply to accept that delivery. Interestingly I NEVER received a VIN from LEX only via my intermediary who arranged the lease (Centralukvehicleleasing). Might be useless infoā€¦.but there it is šŸ˜€

Consider it done buddy. Iā€˜m via LEX and i had a SMS with delivery and then i had to reply to accept that delivery. Interestingly I NEVER received a VIN from LEX only via my intermediary who arranged the lease (Centralukvehicleleasing). Might be useless infoā€¦.but there it is i

I got the car from my work place as a company car. They use the Pendragon leasing company, however my company fleet manager did give me the option to pay Ā£2,998 before delivery for the M3 AWD which i declined. But now i think i should of paid the Ā£2,998 for an AWD. Instead of going for the free basic version after reading all the comments here :p

• Funny
just-waiting-for-my-tesla-model-3.jpg

I got the car from my work place as a company car. They use the Pendragon leasing company, however my company fleet manager did give me the option to pay Ā£2,998 before delivery for the M3 AWD which i declined. But now i think i should of paid the Ā£2,998 for an AWD. Instead of going for the free basic version after reading all the comments here :p
I had a similar dilemma - going for AWD OR any other colour other than white OR 19 inch wheels all brought the timeline in massively. Same now - move to 19 inch wheels from 18 and the time comes down from November to August. However - it was MAJOR hassle to go through the lease process, so i sucked it up and waited.

Ā£3k for LR would be tempting but if you only have it for three years I think free is even better value

I guess itā€™s costing you less than the a250 as well due to such low BIK?

Ā£3k for LR would be tempting but if you only have it for three years I think free is even better value

I guess itā€™s costing you less than the a250 as well due to such low BIK?
Yea, i believe the A250e would of been 11% BIK whereas the M3 is 2% currently im on 36% BIK so the tax on my current car is killing me!

I had a similar dilemma - going for AWD OR any other colour other than white OR 19 inch wheels all brought the timeline in massively. Same now - move to 19 inch wheels from 18 and the time comes down from November to August. However - it was MAJOR hassle to go through the lease process, so i sucked it up and waited.
Ill just have to have patience like you buddy and hope for the best for March Delivery. - if i get a March delivery Champagne's on me! :D

Does it make a lot of difference to the screen? Lots say it has an effect on the screen quality / brilliance / clarity
I haven't got one on my mobile, therefore I do not see the point to get one on my MY. I always found the clarity not good enough when I tried few times in the past on my mobile and always have issue of dust on the sides, as well as the Tesla screen is not going to fall in the flooršŸ˜… and I do not see how it will be possible to scratch. therefore, for me is a no go. I will invest in a very good micro fibre and spectacle/glasses cleaner.

Reactions: Staypuffman
If you have eyes of an eagle you will see a very slight difference in sharpness. I think it is fine. Fingerprints all over your screen will affect the image quality worse and they are gone with this fitted.
On my side I always found that there is more finger print with a screen cover than without. I have tried few at different prices and I always been disappointed, without to say that it was always difficult and some time impossible to put in place. Perhaps it is me?

I wish I had the confidence that things like upgrading the wheels really makes a difference to the delivery timescales. I upgraded the wheels on my original RWD order and up until yesterday it had made no positive difference at all, in fact it appeared like the opposite. As I had to return my existing lease yesterday, I lost my bottle and switched my order to an AWD from inventory, which I will hopefully be collecting in the next few weeks when I return from a trip overseas. It is costing me quite a bit more on the monthly payments through my contribution to the company car lease, but I think it will be worth it. I will be interested to see how you get on. Maybe my impatience will be proven to have got the better of me :D

Last edited: