Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Through my experience with Tesla + LeaseCo is that they order large volumes (let's say 500 cars) at a time with Tesla. When you make your individual order, they send the request through to Tesla (and you get your RN number). The LeaseCo will have an idea of which batch (ship) your order might be allocated in, and work with the Tesla Enterprise sales team to align.

This does mean it's difficult to get info out of both Tesla and the LeaseCo. Tesla were great with me, but had their hands tied a bit due to this complexity. They can see it's a LeaseCo order and will often send you back to them for an update. The LeaseCo will then say they don't know yet until the cars are matched. Frustrating - but I would suggest to keep in touch with the LeaseCo and make sure they don't put a 'hold' on your order with Tesla like mine did. It took many phone calls to get the hold removed - and then I had a car in 2 weeks.

View attachment 781151Pickup day! Goodbye trusty friend 🤗
:D LOL, looks very much like my BMW 520d SE Auto in Sophisto Grey with Oyster leather comfort seats (though yours may be black) that I have just sold on to my son when I got the M3 RWD last week. Mine was Jan 15 reg, so 7 years old with 66k miles and I really did like it, but its not a Tesla ;)

Enjoy your new electric car - I am.

What's the wording they use on this text?

I'm picking my RWD up on the 26th, have a million other things, and lots of driving to do that day. It's going to be pretty annoying if I also have to find a rapid charger just to allow me to go about my day.

Handing over a brand new car at this price point and not being able to guarantee a charge level just feels so amateur. When I picked up my ID3 I was asked by the VW dealership how far I was driving home and the chap advised that he would have it ready at 100% rather than their standard delivery level of 80%.

I'd have thought that was a basic level of customer service! It's bonkers the amount of stuff Tesla seems to get away with on handover.

Real first-world problems I guess..
The VW guy probably wasn't delivering 50+ id3's that day though.

Got ours last week with 29%, and 100 mile drive home, no biggie!

Ordered my M3P 2 weeks ago, had my order processed by my company's fleet provider yesterday. Had an email from Tesla to set up my account today.

Does anyone know if I will get updates etc regarding delivery? Or just when it's ready. Current Tesla website says expected delivery of May for the same spec I ordered, and I guess as it's a lease through work I won't be able to speak to them on chat to try and get matched earlier?

The VW guy probably wasn't delivering 50+ id3's that day though.

Got ours last week with 29%, and 100 mile drive home, no biggie!
You're probably right about the volume of cars, but you'd think the logistics of plugging a car in for 3/4 hours on a 7kW charger somewhere between the ship and dealership handover bay isn't the most complex task when they are asking a customer to hand over at least £44k. It just feels shoddy.

I guess I'm just used to being treated as a customer rather than a number. But hey they don't need my advice. Their sales figures suggest the treat em mean keep em keen model is working for them.

29% is appalling though, If mine is that level I'll be complaining, even if it's to deaf ears.

Reactions: DanielSon
This was obviously a mistake on their portal which will be fixed shortly. But what is fact is that the exact same vehicles sold in the USA whether LR or Perf are priced approx £10,000 less expensive than the exact same models in the UK. I just purchased an M3 LR in the UK on 23 Dec and an M3 LR in the USA (as I am moving there) and the one here in the USA cost approx £10,000 less. The reason is that the UK customer is willing to pay for the substantially higher price and all the UK price hikes. The base M3 LR in the UK was £47,500 for the entirety of 2021, Tesla yanked it up 2-days ago by £3,500 to £51,000
US price has gone up again. LR is now $55,950 before tax. £43,000 before tax. Picking a random state like California there is 7.5% state tax and 2.5% local government tax making it £47,305. Only £4K difference now.

Hi all,
How soon after Tesla confirmation of order text (RN number) do folks receive their estimated delivery window? My timeline below

Ordered 3 March (via Tusker)
Tesla text and RN 8 March

I've had nothing since the above so I'm going by the Tesla website estimate of Nov delivery. But I can see from some members that they are quoting specific estimated timeframes.

Appreciate any insights.

You're probably right about the volume of cars, but you'd think the logistics of plugging a car in for 3/4 hours on a 7kW charger somewhere between the ship and dealership handover bay isn't the most complex task when they are asking a customer to hand over at least £44k. It just feels shoddy.

I guess I'm just used to being treated as a customer rather than a number. But hey they don't need my advice. Their sales figures suggest the treat em mean keep em keen model is working for them.

29% is appalling though, If mine is that level I'll be complaining, even if it's to deaf ears.
I'd expect a thimble of petrol if I bought a new ICE and didn't tell the sales guy it was coming with matts and a tank of fuel as part of the deal. (And I'd expect to collect from a convenient local dealership too..)
If it's close enough to a supercharger, I don't think it's *wildly* unreasonable, but it's not exactly a premium treatment. If you're some distance from a supercharger, that's less than ideal...

Hi all,
How soon after Tesla confirmation of order text (RN number) do folks receive their estimated delivery window? My timeline below

Ordered 3 March (via Tusker)
Tesla text and RN 8 March

I've had nothing since the above so I'm going by the Tesla website estimate of Nov delivery. But I can see from some members that they are quoting specific estimated timeframes.

Appreciate any insights.
You get a more specific estimate closer to the time. But that more specific estimate will jump around all over the place until they actually match you with a car. As long as you filled out all the info (Finance, registration, trade-in), you're in the queue, and it's time to cross your fingers for it earlier, and prepare to accept that it may also be late.
You may find that a similar spec car appears on inventory before you get matched (generally with an option you won't want), so if you're in a rush it's worth keeping an eye on.

Last edited:
US price has gone up again. LR is now $55,950 before tax. £43,000 before tax. Picking a random state like California there is 7.5% state tax and 2.5% local government tax making it £47,305. Only £4K difference now.
And if you allow for the fact that in the UK we have 20% VAT included rather than 10% so add another £4,300 tax and you would have £51,600 which almost the same as the current £51,990 UK price.

Reactions: Snowy77 and delta0
Audi (sadly) went on the weekend. Longest two weeks of my life. Roll on the 26th

IMG_20220311_163109_466.jpg

This may be of interest to some. Despite Tesla listing the M3 RWD (mine ordered Jan 24, collected 10 March) as such, I have today received my V5C and the model is shown as "Model 3 Standard Range +". I point this out because when I went to insure the car only the SR+ was listed and no mention of a RWD model. So not sure if the RWD moniker is just a marketing model name, its probably a bit easier to use than SR+ 🤔

As a lease customer I am aware that it could be a little while before the Car appears in my app but what does that mean I won’t be able to do?

I won’t be able to use my phone as a key or obviously set pre-conditioning etc but will I also not be able to use Premium connectivity either and access things like the Spotify account?

Reactions: platham