Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I wasn't sure until just now after checking my emails, but my guesses were correct!!!!

After chasing cars on inventory for a while I requested a call back. On the 12th of March a guy from sales in the Park Royal branch in London called me back and we had a chat.

It ended with him saying that the end of March there is usually Cars that don't get collected and to send an email as soon as one pops up on inventory.

The other day the exact model popped up and I sent them the link to the car and said pair me up! A day or two later the car has obviously gone and they replied and couldn't see it anymore. I replied and said I was frustrated considering I was originally told March from another branch.

Over the last few days I was emailing a guy called Hamish that works there and said "cars are popping up on inventory make sure you don't forget about me"

Today a car popped up and I emailed him straight away! I got No reply and noticed it had been removed from inventory. Then after that post I refreshed and saw the new dates!

Opened my emails just now and saw this

Daniel!

Guess who is picking up their Model 3 in March....

YOU 🥂🎊

You will soon have delivery instructions to choose a date and time to collect 🙂

Kind Regards,

I must say it's been the first time where I've felt like a customer!

The excitement has now intensified!
Great to hear the positive side......I for one know how much stress when you don't have any formal communication from Tesla and you see cars appearing in inventory. The good news is that when you finally get a delivery date.all the stresses disappear!

I'm handing in my small violin club membership card it would seem.

Saw they had a matching spec in stock in "south coast" (= southampton)

Called up, waited about 6 mins on hold. Asked them to match. Got told yes and matched on the spot. I'm collecting on Tuesday.

My guess is they're now in "We need to clear inventory" stage of the quarter. And I'm happy to help them!

Called up, waited about 6 mins on hold. Asked them to match. Got told yes and matched on the spot. I'm collecting on Tuesday.

My guess is they're now in "We need to clear inventory" stage of the quarter. And I'm happy to help them!
Congrats!!! Soooo exciting 😍

WHAT! Did you pay the increased price?

I chatted with Craig about the same car and he said he can't match because this car is 5k more expensive and I'd have to pay up.

Still at the original price as far as I know (I did mention it). He said there had been a glut of people ordering the car from stock at 55k, and then expecting it to be re-matched to their original order, and thanked me for calling up to do it properly. Didn't catch the name of the guy.

My guess is that the rules have changed as they're getting close to having stock left on their hands

ooh thats not what they've been saying before. Get Snowy on the blower!

Reactions: dilly28
Still at the original price as far as I know (I did mention it). He said there had been a glut of people ordering the car from stock at 55k, and then expecting it to be re-matched to their original order, and thanked me for calling up to do it properly. Didn't catch the name of the guy.

My guess is that the rules have changed as they're getting close to having stock left on their hands
Thanks, looks like calling up is the better method to secure an inventory vehicle. This car showed up last night at 12am and I emailed too. Can't win them all.

My apologies for my immensely delayed response.

I ended up reporting the issue in the service section of the app under "other". They got back to me a few hours after I sent the service request, apologising that the car was delivered in a damaged state and that they will fix it. They mentioned that they have changed the booking for the first available service day for body shop repairs which is a couple of weeks away and arranged for a loan car while my car is being repaired. The only thing that they requested is that I send a scan of my driving licence for the loan car. I must admit, I've been very pleased with Tesla's service so far.

With respect to the panel gap on the rear boot area, it's definitely slightly more pronounced on the side with the powered lift, but nothing to write home about. It's dark outside right now, so I can't take a good photo of it, but here is a photo that I took when I got the car home, I know it's not a great quality photo for assessing the panel gap, but I'd say it's at that point where it's not something that jumps out unless you are purposely looking for it. Even then, it's probably not bad enough to complain about. That said, I'll take a closer photo of it in the daylight (which I'll post on this thread), compare it to what others are posting of their cars on here and decide accordingly as to whether or not I'll ask them to do anything about it when it goes in for the dent to be fixed. I checked the other Model 3's around mine when I was collecting it, and the panel gap looked to be about the same on all of them.

View attachment 784928

No worries, glad to hear the service is up to par as they should! Yeah from this picture the panel gaps at the rear boot doesn't seem too bad, but would need to examine a closer look. I've heard horror stories of people fixing the boot gap but end up making it worse, creating new problems elsewhere or worse the boot scratched the body work when opened.

Just picked up my model 3 (exact same color and wheel as yours) a few days ago, will post pics later on!

Given the recent positivity of many saying their EDD had moved forward to May and others saying there still could be cars matched to in March I thought I would call Tesla to get an EDD update but got much more disappointing news :(
I don't have visibility in account as order placed via lease company.
Order placed 25.01, lease company advised EDD May
RN text 01.02
M3/RWD/W/B/A

Called Tesla today who said EDD November! I said that I had heard others having their EDD pulled forward, others still getting matches in March, to no avail. Also mentioned that cars matching my spec appear on inventory but said they are only for new orders at new price.
All in all they showed zero empathy and made me feel that my call was an inconvenience to them.

...Still hopeful I might get lucky and get matched to of the Q2 cars.

Given the recent positivity of many saying their EDD had moved forward to May and others saying there still could be cars matched to in March I thought I would call Tesla to get an EDD update but got much more disappointing news :(
I don't have visibility in account as order placed via lease company.
Order placed 25.01, lease company advised EDD May
RN text 01.02
M3/RWD/W/B/A

Called Tesla today who said EDD November! I said that I had heard others having their EDD pulled forward, others still getting matches in March, to no avail. Also mentioned that cars matching my spec appear on inventory but said they are only for new orders at new price.
All in all they showed zero empathy and made me feel that my call was an inconvenience to them.

...Still hopeful I might get lucky and get matched to of the Q2 cars.
Sorry to hear :(

Fwiw, I ordered mine just after the 2 prices increase (still salty about that but entirely my fault for sitting on my hands for too long) and at the time of order it was EDD November 2022. When I completed all the docs on my account, the next day it showed 22 May - 19 July EDD.

But I'm not sure if that's because I did PCP with maximum down payment and because my car is the "more expensive one" so they are prioritising it? Still dreading that the date is going to change to a later date but hope not.

Hope yours comes forward. Call your lease company, see if they can put some pressure on them as well.