Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How come you got to collect? I was always told, as a lease customer, that it was delivery and no other option.

It’s probably the delay with the paperwork making it’s way back to be processed which is why deliveries end up taking a while for lease cars to appear in the app.
I was offered collection when I couldn't make my original appointment (with vanarama/lex)

What a fun day yesterday was... 9:30 collection was a good time, no one there at the time and was already a queue for the reception desk by the time I left!

Guy at the reception desk handed over the keys after I gave him my 2 for the trade in, and said "go find your car, the hazards are flashing". Then decided to honk the horn just as we walked up to it for a little scare 😂

Car had 26% charge so topped up to 40% at the supercharger right there to get me home. He handed the car over in the app once he saw me charging, so didn't get a free charge 😜
Headed to the outdoor car park at Bluewater to get a proper look at everything and found a few issues:

1. Panel misalignment above the rear passenger window, not horrendous but definitely bigger than the other side!
2. Some scratches on the front bumper just under the headlight along with a small chip. Scratches look like a belt that was strapped across or something...
3. Headlight dipped beam doesn't seem right at all. It's quite high and projects a blocky pattern out onto walls, high enough to light up the roofs of houses in the distance!
4. Swirls and dirt galore! Even got some of that Sahara sand on it. Really wish they just didn't bother "washing" it before handing it over. Luckily a hand wash and a little polish took most of the swirls out. It's not perfect but you'll only notice if you're looking for it now, where before it was immediately obvious.

Service appointment booked for the first 3 issues, heading to Park Royal on the 7th.

None of them are deal breaking issues though, they'll get sorted, and all that aside it's an incredible car! The instant torque and power will never get old, would love to try the performance model.
Soooo nice!!! Thanks for sharing! 😍😍😍😍 Bluewater looks full of cars! Haha cool to see

Reactions: ivanbrazza
Wow the universe came back to you pretty quickly on that one, very nice! I'm still in the May 09-23 arrival lounge.
So I wasn't sure until just now after checking my emails, but my guesses were correct!!!!

After chasing cars on inventory for a while I requested a call back. On the 12th of March a guy from sales in the Park Royal branch in London called me back and we had a chat.

It ended with him saying that the end of March there is usually Cars that don't get collected and to send an email as soon as one pops up on inventory.

The other day the exact model popped up and I sent them the link to the car and said pair me up! A day or two later the car has obviously gone and they replied and couldn't see it anymore. I replied and said I was frustrated considering I was originally told March from another branch.

Over the last few days I was emailing a guy called Hamish that works there and said "cars are popping up on inventory make sure you don't forget about me"

Today a car popped up and I emailed him straight away! I got No reply and noticed it had been removed from inventory. Then after that post I refreshed and saw the new dates!

Opened my emails just now and saw this

Daniel!

Guess who is picking up their Model 3 in March....

YOU 🥂🎊

You will soon have delivery instructions to choose a date and time to collect 🙂

Kind Regards,

I must say it's been the first time where I've felt like a customer!

The excitement has now intensified!

Congrats on your pickup! Sorry to hear of the dent.. How did you contact services, did you just reported it on the app or did you call? How's panel gap on the rear boot area as this seems to be a common issue.
My apologies for my immensely delayed response.

I ended up reporting the issue in the service section of the app under "other". They got back to me a few hours after I sent the service request, apologising that the car was delivered in a damaged state and that they will fix it. They mentioned that they have changed the booking for the first available service day for body shop repairs which is a couple of weeks away and arranged for a loan car while my car is being repaired. The only thing that they requested is that I send a scan of my driving licence for the loan car. I must admit, I've been very pleased with Tesla's service so far.

With respect to the panel gap on the rear boot area, it's definitely slightly more pronounced on the side with the powered lift, but nothing to write home about. It's dark outside right now, so I can't take a good photo of it, but here is a photo that I took when I got the car home, I know it's not a great quality photo for assessing the panel gap, but I'd say it's at that point where it's not something that jumps out unless you are purposely looking for it. Even then, it's probably not bad enough to complain about. That said, I'll take a closer photo of it in the daylight (which I'll post on this thread), compare it to what others are posting of their cars on here and decide accordingly as to whether or not I'll ask them to do anything about it when it goes in for the dent to be fixed. I checked the other Model 3's around mine when I was collecting it, and the panel gap looked to be about the same on all of them.

Side.PNG

Isn’t that passenger side panel standard for all of them, it’s slightly wider because of the power trunk mechanism?

If you look at the alignment of the top of the panels against the glass behind, you'll see it's actually perfectly aligned. For whatever reason, the panel gaps to the rear wings are asymmetric. Mine is the same.

Interesting.. glad to hear it's not just me then and seems to be normal, curious to see what the service people say!

I take that back

Estimated Delivery: March 30 - March 31

I feel like Tesla is playing with my emotions!!!! 🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾
This gives me hope as I ordered just after the price increase (🤡) and my current estimated delivery is 22 May to 19 June so I’m hoooping that it will hold true given yours has just been updated to end of March!

Good luck!

Reactions: Snowy77
Loool don't do that to meeee!

I got a vin! In source code 😲
Ditto but no correspondence yet, no texts or emails to pay deposit, agree delivery date, location etc. Funny as dates now quoted include today EDD 23-30 March. Looking forward to a manic few days sorting out trade in, insurances, work diary etc. hopefully with money saved ordering before price rises I might sneak in the boost upgrade 🤫

Reactions: DanielSon
Put in a service request for my gap as advised by a few here. The TA on the day did say it was normal and showed me two other M3s that had a similar sized gap. She said I can raise a service request but doubt they’d do anything about it. Booked one in anyway for the 9th April so we shall see!

C459C7D1-CF1C-4A5B-837B-F1635AAA340E.jpeg

Regarding the LFP battery and the li-on 12v battery miscalibration, could be a reason why they charged mine up to 100% collection as they did mention it was as low as 17%.

Reactions: CaptainCalm
@Rirawin

I did post this previously so sorry for the repeat but, my M3 RWD collected 10th March does not have the boot lid slight misalignment issue on the left upper side that several others here have posted about, (yes it does have the power lift). To my mind this means that the boot can be properly aligned and so the Tesla SC should be able to adjust and fix this. I see no reason why the TA should claim that this misalignment is normal, even if it is present on several of the new cars in the lot. I hope they fix it for you on the 9th.

IMG_0887.jpg