Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told by Tesla rep in the Dublin store that all LR and P models for Q1 should have the Ryzen chip but he wasn’t 100% sure that the RWD would.
IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I've just had a very interesting call from Tesla UK Deliveries Team. I had emailed earlier today to try and clarify some of the discrepancies in info I had been given by different Tesla TAs in the past few days. Here is the latest from the horses mouth...
  • February 22 deliveries to UK are ALL M3LR, M3P and first batches of MY.
  • There are NO M3RWD variants coming to the UK until end of February for March delivery.
  • Unexpectedly, I am listed for a home delivery as Cribbs will not be delivering anything in Q1 due to high volumes and large geographical area covered by the store. Not sure whether this might affect other collection points also.
  • All M3 variants delivered in Q1 will have the full upgrades, including AMD Ryzen processor.
  • All M3RWD variants on order and currently awaiting delivery and VIN assignment should be assigned no later than mid February. I have been given an estimate of early March delivery as I ordered in November.
Hope this helps some of you out there. I pushed with numerous questions, but answers were not hard to get. He was quite willing to provide a comprehensive update for me. I guess this might be disappointing for some and good for others depending on your patience levels and other factors. I happier that at least I have confidence in the actual position and can now plan accordingly.

That's all for now!
Great to hear this. I was told by a Tesla rep that all LR and P models for Q1 should have the Ryzen chip but he wasn’t 100% sure that the RWD would.

I was told by Tesla rep in the Dublin store that all LR and P models for Q1 should have the Ryzen chip but he wasn’t 100% sure that the RWD would.

Great to hear this. I was told by a Tesla rep that all LR and P models for Q1 should have the Ryzen chip but he wasn’t 100% sure that the RWD would.
Ahh this makes me so sad. Was so happy earlier on to hear all Q1 Model 3’s would have the AMD chip. I’ve got the RWD Model 3 ordered since November when the estimated delivery date was March, and was hopeful I’d get the 2022 updates. If it doesn’t then I may hold off the car until the AMD processor is confirmed.

It’s important to me since I plan on keeping the car for at least 10 years and don’t want to fall behind on software updates. Also I will use the Netflix / YouTube apps a lot, so would appreciate them being much quicker to load.

I’ll contact Tesla soon to see what they say about my M3 order getting the 2022 updates. Hopefully I’ll get a VIN in a couple of weeks too then the real excitement can begin. :D

Just to alleviate some fears, I spent some time today at our Tesla Service / Sales depot, and was confirmed that ALL shipments coming in Feb will be FULL 2022 spec. We're talking Li-ion 15v battery, AMD CPU, and enhanced range (M3LR), new battery RWD, AND projector headlights (new lights). Now the ONLY thing we don't know about is the rear laminated windows. MODEL Y WILL have it, Model 3, maybe / maybe not. Not a biggie for me.

I have been pleasantly reassured, and am back on the active order! CONFIRMED ALSO, that, the rep CAN confirm at time of the phone call your car specs. So if you choose to pick up FEB or wait until March 1st, they can tell you by VIN what spec your car is, and happy to if you ask them. Rep said you're welcome to decline if the 0% chance turns out you're allocated something other.

Success.

Just to alleviate some fears, I spent some time today at our Tesla Service / Sales depot, and was confirmed that ALL shipments coming in Feb will be FULL 2022 spec. We're talking Li-ion 15v battery, AMD CPU, and enhanced range (M3LR), new battery RWD, AND projector headlights (new lights). Now the ONLY thing we don't know about is the rear laminated windows. MODEL Y WILL have it, Model 3, maybe / maybe not. Not a biggie for me.

I have been pleasantly reassured, and am back on the active order! CONFIRMED ALSO, that, the rep CAN confirm at time of the phone call your car specs. So if you choose to pick up FEB or wait until March 1st, they can tell you by VIN what spec your car is, and happy to if you ask them. Rep said you're welcome to decline if the 0% chance turns out you're allocated something other.

Success.
will try to get call on Monday :D

just wonder which phone number to use...

Success.
Forgot about the new projector headlights! Those were only on Model Ys previously, right?
How about new style taillights? Might still be a lottery on those

I would be inclined to be more confident in what the Tesla UK Delivery Team say as I have heard so much conflicting information from different TAs at stores. I guess, ultimately we will just have to see what comes through in March (for RWD).

Reactions: BarryW and sos05