Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's mostly the slightly lower stance and the wheels. On the order screen I keep clicking back and forward between LR & P and having the head vs heart fight.
I think the wheels cost around £3k from the US. Not sure they're available to buy here.
I'm with you mate, was gonna get the LR - I priced wheels and tyre package (original and 20" aftermarket), and you are looking at £4-5k alone, then there's the spoiler, add in the £1500 performance upgrade and lowered suspension, brakes etc and I just thought f*ck it, you aren't far off the difference, ended up ordering the M3P, first electric car coming from a 530 M-Sport XDrive which I love but honestly that M3 Performance blew me away on the test drive.

I think the £500ish on eBay is for a refurbished set of 20" Uber-turbines, you hand your damaged ones in they give you a set of refurbished, believe me I spent a few days weighing it all up.

I'm apparently a 'sometime in March' delivery and from what I'm hearing, fairly confident it will come with the 2022 added extras.

I just saw some for £400 on fleabay. Might be a scam or something though, didn’t look into it in detail.

Or 3rd party alloy wheel makers probably have similar looking wheels in their ranges. Maybe even other wheels that you like even more!
I like the turbine wheels, but, I also like the naked alloy aeros. I also like the range the aero covers bring 😃

What happened to the Track Package? Always thought the Zero-G wheels were the best looking OEM ones from Tesla:
1501561-00-A_0.jpg

I like the turbine wheels, but, I also like the naked alloy aeros. I also like the range the aero covers bring 😃
Yeah, I go back and forth over whether my daily ‘look’ is going to be with the aero covers or without. They look good without, but I think they look almost as good with the covers. And as you say, extra range and all that…

Nice to have the option though anyway!

This was an interesting watch, and since Tesla have released no 0-62 time changes for the LR & P... but considering the difference in range makes me wonder if the 3LR still is the optimum balance between range and performance. The junkies can still get that 0.5s acceleration boost as well AND keeping the LR range, which wasn't tested in this vid..

This was an interesting watch
Carwow drag races are notoriously unreliable. Here are some comparable results from across the pond.
LRAWD2.png

Bear in mind that the MYP CANbus power data has been measured at 469kW, which in absolute terms is quite meaningless but it is an 8% increase in power over the above M3P. The 2022 M3P has the same motors and battery as the MYP.

Last edited:
just did my loan appllication, got approval and uploaded my drivers license info. Current Model 3 gets sold tomorrow, just charging it up now so the buyer can get back home.

Now some more waiting. It’ll go quicker than you expect and I can pass some time seeing people picking up their Y’s next month

Reactions: Snowy77
Anyone know what charging cables we get with a Model 3? My old e-Golf had a 3-pin and a Type 2 cable, but my ID.3 only came with Type 2. Just thinking ahead to checking I get everything on collection day (whenever that may be…)

Anyone know what charging cables we get with a Model 3? My old e-Golf had a 3-pin and a Type 2 cable, but my ID.3 only came with Type 2. Just thinking ahead to checking I get everything on collection day (whenever that may be…)

both. You get a type 2 and a separate ‘UMC’ which should come with a 13 pin plug but is detachable so you can add other plugs to the end like eg one for a commando socket for more amps.

what model - LR?

Waiting to hear positive things about the RWD, wondering if that'll get the sweepings from the floor of the parts bin :)

I did my loan and acceptance yesterday - how long normally for the contract to be completed? I'm stuck on the deposit until my dealer's drivers recover from covid which is a pain though.