Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After having made the switch to a LR, I now have an estimated delivery date of 5th - 18th Feb showing in my account. I also have a VIN in source code. Any advice on when I should expect to receive a confirmed delivery date? The 5th is this coming weekend.

Thanks.

After having made the switch to a LR, I now have an estimated delivery date of 5th - 18th Feb showing in my account. I also have a VIN in source code. Any advice on when I should expect to receive a confirmed delivery date? The 5th is this coming weekend.

Thanks.
definitely not 5th. Ship just docks in Southampton on 3rd.

I am picking on 8th and I am one of the earliest pickers here...

Reactions: JimbobT and Snowy77
if ANYONE asks - apparently, the PSA (a.k.a. Peugeot) insurance is part of Direct Line group

I have to send the No Claims proof to direct line email even my insurance is from PSA. go figure ;D
It's an incestuous business. Direct Line Group own Direct Line and Churchill plus UK Insurance Limited who are the underwriters. PSA also use UK Insurance for underwriting, and the same DLG systems to provide the quotes and policies.

Reactions: yessuz
It's an incestuous business. Direct Line Group own Direct Line and Churchill plus UK Insurance Limited who are the underwriters. PSA also use UK Insurance for underwriting, and the same DLG systems to provide the quotes and policies.
I know.

funny, Churchill, DL and PSA being underwritten by same UK Insurance Limited but provide so horribly different quotes.
PSA: 530
DL (via tesla): 900
Churchill (via CTM): 1060

Reactions: MoSkeeto
I imagine PSA are subsidising their policies some what, and probably only expect PSA owners to take out their insurance - and possibly why we keep hearing that they are no longer insuring Telsas (and possibly other manufacturers too). Saying that I didn't find PSA that much cheaper once I lowered the excess to match DL.

Churchill is possibly more expensive because they are on comparison sites and therefore have to pay a finders fee.

summary so far

- ordered Tuesday 11 Jan - RWD MSM to get a March delivery estimate
- Saturday 22nd, rang to request change to LR - advised the change should take 48 hours to show up.
- chased a few times during the week following - chat/phone/contacted my previous agent from my old car. Told to be patient :)
- Friday 28th 5pm a bunch of LR 'in transit' appeared in the inventory. Rang Tesla and asked to be matched. This was around 7pm
- Saturday 29th 9am I get a text message to give me a delivery date of Feb 11 at Brent Cross
- Saturday 29th immediately check my account and confirm switched over to show the new match. Shows 'wait for credit approval' - assume because car and price has changed

- Monday 31st 9am (this morning), credit is approved, changes to 'waiting for contract'. Also VIN shows up in source
- Monday 31st 2pm, contract updated, account page changed to 'pay outstanding funds'
- Monday 31st 2:10pm - paid 11k deposit via barclays app (far too easy!)

- Monday 31st 3pm - deposit shows up in account page, changes to 'prepare for delivery' - screenshot taken just in case

Still no reg number either. Wonder when that will come

Last edited:
I know.

funny, Churchill, DL and PSA being underwritten by same UK Insurance Limited but provide so horribly different quotes.
PSA: 530
DL (via tesla): 900
Churchill (via CTM): 1060

That's segment demand marketing for you, they cover the entire range in other words they build up their trend and average out the profits. Still we had a person with 357 from DL. That was truly amazing

I haven’t asked. Last time I got a text giving my VIN and reg number when they told me the delivery date

edit: not yet apparantly
The agent who helped me with the test drive rang me last week because I wanted a refund on the original order (March delivery) and wanted to keep the new inventory order as I’d get that car quicker.

I asked him when the reg will be assigned and he emailed me over what he saw assigned along the lines of ‘I believe your reg is LE71*** but wait for the text at the end of the week’

I didn’t get any texts last week so I reached out the the chat and asked them when I’ll be getting a reg, got a similar spiel (7-10 days before collection).

Had to press for a reg so she asked me for the RN and as if by magic I got the reg by text (same as the one emailed by the agent).

Managed to get it added onto the insurance now.

PS still need to make the deposit payment.

The agent who helped me with the test drive rang me last week because I wanted a refund on the original order (March delivery) and wanted to keep the new inventory order as I’d get that car quicker.

I asked him when the reg will be assigned and he emailed me over what he saw assigned along the lines of ‘I believe your reg is LE71*** but wait for the text at the end of the week’

I didn’t get any texts last week so I reached out the the chat and asked them when I’ll be getting a reg, got a similar spiel (7-10 days before collection).

Had to press for a reg so she asked me for the RN and as if by magic I got the reg by text (same as the one emailed by the agent).

Managed to get it added onto the insurance now.

PS still need to make the deposit payment.

when is your delivery? I'm Friday next week so maybe not quite ready. on my previous car I got a text message on the 23rd March, and collection 31 March so just over a week before delivery

when is your delivery? I'm Friday next week so maybe not quite ready. on my previous car I got a text message on the 23rd March, and collection 31 March so just over a week before delivery
Collection on 9th from Brent Cross (same as you I believe). They should have assigned them - I had to get it out of them last week and today so they're probably playing catchup on the texting?

Reactions: Mrklaw