Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would really suck if the suspension isn’t lowered. My other car is an M2 Comp and I love the sporty look with the lowered suspension. I’ve always found the standard Tesla height to look like it’s on stilts (compared to what I’m used to). Would be a shame if they’ve removed something simply to meet supply/cost constraints.

I ordered in the 2nd week of December. I had a couple of hitches with Tesla saying they wouldn’t deal with the lease company I went with so changed that to Lex Autolease- Model 3 RWD, white- all my finance was approved and I signed these documents last week. The update I had last week also was that they are expecting the car to arrive at the dealer on Monday 28th February. So I’m hoping it will be that week I get the car as I’m off work that week.
Hope this works out simonlines. I’ve ordered with LEX M3 RWD White 18inch. - 2nd Nov. Only had RN - latest info on delivery date is May. :(

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but there were stories about an air suspension system turning up in the M3 parts catalog a couple of years ago.

Presumably such a system could adjust the ride height as required.

Maybe that's going to be another one of Tesla's surprise changes this year.

Re: lowered suspension
I thought this video from RSymons was interesting - back in March 2021 he made the observation that M3 P's from China are actually the highest of any variant M3 he's seen. So perhaps it was never even lowered?

Hope this works out simonlines. I’ve ordered with LEX M3 RWD White 18inch. - 2nd Nov. Only had RN - latest info on delivery date is May. :(

Thanks. I do wonder, back in November/Early December the delivery time on the Model 3’s was February. Can’t believe you’ve had a estimated date of May, that’s crazy.

We shall see. Not sure why they would have given me a date if 28 Feb though of estimated delivery if they hadn’t had some sort of notification.

When did you order? The standard no options RWD is showing as May on the website now - there might be spares to get it sooner but no guarantees. If you change the spec at all it changed to March - so different colour, wheels, interior.

I thought this video from RSymons was interesting - back in March 2021 he made the observation that M3 P's from China are actually the highest of any variant M3 he's seen. So perhaps it was never even lowered?
LOL. Yes, I remember watching that. Quite possibly, so they have removed wording to avoid legal problems - although it's taken then a long time to do it.

The springs do have different part codes to the LR but that could just be stiffness rather than length.

Good spot! Yeah, it does seem then that this has always been the case. Why though? Seems odd to have the performance version riding higher. Unless they found it had to in order to accommodate the wider wheels for some reason.