Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup for anyone looking to order now. Delivery is august. They ve changed their lead times to 6-7 months. For my jan order that was due in march she did say there is a small chance i might still get it in march but it has been pushed back to May. :( this hate that i am feeling right now for tesla for doing me over like this is hard to put into words haha. I can’t believe i paid 1100 extra to get the car early and instead it got pushed back by 2 months. Literally last night i rang them and they said march. Today they said May.
Do you have a VIN in source code and they still said May? I’m Jan 10th order with VIN in source code but no official text or EDD yet

Do you have a VIN in source code and they still said May? I’m Jan 10th order with VIN in source code but no official text or EDD yet
I think everyone in Ireland (at least with a RWD order) is in the same boat.
I have my VIN in the source code, with no EDD. I emailed the Irish delivery team asking what the story was and was told that they expect delivery in mid-late March, but also said that it was subject to change.

Haven't fully checked over as have meetings for the next couple of hours. Delivery driver took it off the trailer round the corner then drove it round.
All looks fine so far, no panel gaps (even on the passenger side boot). Connected to wifi no problem, updated now.

View attachment 767287View attachment 767288View attachment 767292View attachment 767293View attachment 767294View attachment 767295
Looks beautiful ( ;) same Black/Black/Aero combination I have ordered) - I hope you enjoy it.
PS - what's that weird drone reflected in the bonnet 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: jmhumphreys
Dont have a vin allocated yet. But if you already have vin that means they have matched a car with your spec. So hopefully you should get it before may. March seems unlikely for Jan orders now to be honest. Don’t know what is going on.

Reactions: sos05
Not that Tesla is perfect but so glad I cancelled my order for the Q4 Etron, especially when their forums are full of comments like:

Am I the only one that feels underwhelmed with the Q4? I have had it 3 weeks and already thinking of getting rid of it!

1. Range - Estimated range in car is way off real world range on the long drives. E.g started off from from Nottingham with 178 miles range (car on efficiency) driving 115 miles to Luton. Avg speed 60 mph, for every 2 miles or so range was dropping by 10 miles, I had to turn off the heating (acc was off) 10 miles into journey for the car to get home with 30 miles left. Talk about anxiety levels increasing.

2. Lane Keep Assist - this is dangerous period! One of the A roads I drive on has a patch line in the middle of the lane, car thinks its the edge of the lane and starts fighting it.

3. Adaptive Cruise - you would assume it would work in conjunction with the adaptive speed limiter when you get to areas with different speed...nope.
- phantom braking
-late braking
-slow speed build up there is a jerky motion that makes your head tap the head rest

4. myAudi App - unless the much anticipated update adds more functionality, in its current form its rubbish. Having to go to a dealer to activate an app is a fuss.

5. Some of the items I ordered where taken out, no comms from Audi.
Yes I agree, whilst its easy for us all to critisise and bitch about minor inconvieniences other marques are giving their customers a much harder time, Tesla's way of doing things is unusual and very different from we are used to but in most cases we are getting the car we ordered in roughly the timeframe we expect. Also the number of people on here represent a very small percentage of overall customers and as is usually the case it's those with a complaint that go to forums not those that are happy - although on the whole I'm happy (well i will be in 2 days time when i collect my car) :)

like this?

not sure why they’d flash the lights for software update. Never noticed it myself. Could be annoying for neighbours if done late at night
Nearly but noticed it was headlights only and car faces the opposite house living room and bedroom. Hopefully they have blackout curtains.

I have noticed 2 things which I’ve raised a service request:

- Car had a slight judder on the motorway at 50-70 mph, I suspect wheels alignment or rebalancing. Glad I had a slightly long drive to notice it.
- The pax side glass sticks out very slightly by 2-3mm and doesn’t sit quite flush with the B pillar glass.

I hope that’s easy to fix under their 100mile post collection guarantee thing (after driving 90odd miles, car had 6miles on it).

Looks beautiful ( ;) same Black/Black/Aero combination I have ordered) - I hope you enjoy it.
I'm planning on light window tints, and I'm going to live with the Aero caps for now, but if I take them off I think I'm going to get the alloys painted black (from the grey). Got it booked in for a ceramic coating in a couple of weeks. :)
I was going to de-dedge it but I don't mind the silver T.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Haven't fully checked over as have meetings for the next couple of hours. Delivery driver took it off the trailer round the corner then drove it round.
All looks fine so far, no panel gaps (even on the passenger side boot). Connected to wifi no problem, updated now.

View attachment 767287View attachment 767288View attachment 767292View attachment 767293View attachment 767294View attachment 767295
Congrats!!! Looks fantastic. Enjoy (after your meetings) :D

This is a question for those of you that have either got your cars, or for those that have at least received their final invoice and delivery date.

I'm just wondering, how long was between getting your final invoice and your actual agreed delivery date? My motive for asking this is that for my loan, I need to send the final invoice for them to complete the process. However, the loan company says that it will take them up to 10 working days after they receive it to process the loan and then 3 - 5 working days to put the money into my account. That is a full 3 weeks worst-case scenario! What I don't want to happen is for the invoice to arrive in my account and for the delivery date to be like a week or so later because that will mean that I'd need to push my delivery date back 2 weeks because of loan processing, which will then possibly result in my car being reallocated.

I had a text from Tesla on Monday to say my vehicle is on the way and my arrival date is being calculated. Anyone know roughly how long after getting this message it take to get your car? I checked with online chat for a VIN and they didnt give me one but said it was likely to be 2nd week in March

This is a question for those of you that have either got your cars, or for those that have at least received their final invoice and delivery date.

I'm just wondering, how long was between getting your final invoice and your actual agreed delivery date? ... which will then possibly result in my car being reallocated.
I've been trying to find similar information. I reserved a car from inventory a couple of days ago & have EDD of 15-22 Feb. I'm still waiting for a trade-in valuation & have no other info yet about how long I should expect to wait between "phases". To complicate things further I'm travelling for work next week, so the timing is a bit off... It seems quite variable in how long each of the phases takes.

Just got off the phone from tesla and they told me that delivery for jan orders changed to may :eek: ??? I paid 1100 extra for a white interior only to get the car sooner
My RWD Model 3 with a towbar was ordered on NYD and is due in the first half of March. I have a VIN (in source code) and I had the 'car is on its way' text message earlier.

Wow!! You know that phrase... if it looks too good to be true???? If it's genuinely comparative, go for it, but I would be amazed. Good luck!! :D
There were some great lease deals Nov/Dec last year where lease companies pre-ordered a batch of vehicles and then needed to find homes for them. Even outside of that I found nearly all were cheaper than Tesla.