Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the prices keep rising i might cash it in :)

I'm curious what kind of quotes you are getting.

Between £32.5k & £34k at the moment. There was a brief period a couple of weeks ago where WBAC offered £35k but that expired. My car has only done 3500 miles & is spotless. I'd assume location probably makes a difference too.

Anybody getting a lease through Zenith? I have an RN number, but Tesla say Zenith still have to approve before they can allocate a car, and Zenith say they have done everything? Thing is Tesla are saying I could have a car in march if Zenith hurry up, but Zenith are saying it will be June. I fear I may be losing out here due to someone's inefficiency
Had exactly the same experience with Fleet Financial here in Belfast. No matter what Tesla said, the answer from the lease company was that they had done everything they had to do.

Bottom line was I ordered 26/10/21, next I heard from Tesla was beginning of this month for March delivery.

It is very frustrating, and I am sure it is not what you want to hear. My experience was that lease companies work at their own pace.

Reactions: mutthouse
Anybody getting a lease through Zenith? I have an RN number, but Tesla say Zenith still have to approve before they can allocate a car, and Zenith say they have done everything? Thing is Tesla are saying I could have a car in march if Zenith hurry up, but Zenith are saying it will be June. I fear I may be losing out here due to someone's inefficiency
Yes, also getting a salary sacrifice lease through Zenith. Have an RN number, it was saying March when ordered but now it’s changed in app to August! Called Zenith and they said they submit paperwork in batches to Tesla and it should go next week. Spoke to Tesla and they said March is still possible but depends on how quickly Zenith send them the paperwork! I feel your pain!

I’m going through Zenith, I’ve managed to switch from a personally ordered RN that had a VIN assigned for 3rd-17th March EDD, and re-allocate to the Zenith RN (via Tesla as Zenith just placed a new order instead), however now Tesla won’t release any information and state Zenith need to send information across. Spoke to Zenith, they go off and speak to ‘Adam’, and say it’s all in hand, but the lack of transparency in the process is un-nerving. I’d imagine most lease companies are chasing their tails re Tesla deliveries due to the way they manage their inventory. I’m trying to stay optimistic that I’ll get a March delivery and I suppose plenty of time for that providing I don’t lose the allocated VIN by the time Zenith provide all the info to Tesla and they aren’t playing hard ball and wanting to re-allocate to a fully completed order.

Fingers crossed for you!

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Yes, also getting a salary sacrifice lease through Zenith. Have an RN number, it was saying March when ordered but now it’s changed in app to August! Called Zenith and they said they submit paperwork in batches to Tesla and it should go next week. Spoke to Tesla and they said March is still possible but depends on how quickly Zenith send them the paperwork! I feel your pain!
Not heard of zenith but maybe look for a get out clause, my personal lease basically says they need to supply the car or an acceptable alternative in 45days . I’m assuming I can cancel if not. Hope it all works out ok

Not heard of zenith but maybe look for a get out clause, my personal lease basically says they need to supply the car or an acceptable alternative in 45days . I’m assuming I can cancel if not. Hope it all works out ok

I’ve literally never seen a lease that says they have to supply a car in 45 days! Most cars take longer than that to manufacture, now with the chip shortage, most cars are 2023, I can’t see any company having such terms

Between £32.5k & £34k at the moment. There was a brief period a couple of weeks ago where WBAC offered £35k but that expired. My car has only done 3500 miles & is spotless. I'd assume location probably makes a difference too.
My best price was from Tesla for a 2018 5 Series. Tried all the usual ones, Carwow was worst, the only one that was decent was bestcarbuyer but it may depend on make model mileage etc. The other plus with Tesla is the price is good for 2 months not the usual few weeks and for me it makes changing easier, just drive there and drive away in the new car.

My best price was from Tesla for a 2018 5 Series. Tried all the usual ones, Carwow was worst, the only one that was decent was bestcarbuyer but it may depend on make model mileage etc. The other plus with Tesla is the price is good for 2 months not the usual few weeks and for me it makes changing easier, just drive there and drive away in the new car.
Yeah, I'm hoping Tesla come back with something competitive, it will definitely make things easier. ID.3s are in very high demand at the moment as you can't order a new one other than a very specific base spec due to shortages. The VW dealers are falling over each other trying to get them.

How long does it usually take Tesla to come back with an offer? It said 2 days on the form I filled in, but it's been 4 already.

Yeah, I'm hoping Tesla come back with something competitive, it will definitely make things easier. ID.3s are in very high demand at the moment as you can't order a new one other than a very specific base spec due to shortages. The VW dealers are falling over each other trying to get them.

How long does it usually take Tesla to come back with an offer? It said 2 days on the form I filled in, but it's been 4 already.
Have you tried selling it back to VW? My best offer was actually with VW on their part exchange price estimator (1.5k over Tesla quote) so I rang a few dealerships and asked if they’d be willing to buy it rather than part ex for the same price or more. They all asked me to go in for the used car sales manager to look at it and then only they’d negotiate a price.

I ended up selling my VW (a GTI which was very sought after) for £250 more than their estimator. Got cash in the bank the next day and then spent pretty much my entire days from there on on this forum to get shipping updates and nab an inventory vehicle real quick.

I’ve literally never seen a lease that says they have to supply a car in 45 days! Most cars take longer than that to manufacture, now with the chip shortage, most cars are 2023, I can’t see any company having such terms
Your right I read it wrong. The clause is in there to a degree. it says 45 days after the agreed delivery date, when I signed they gave 8 weeks from the date of signing. This was based partly on the estimate of March which was on teslas site at the time…. We will see. Either way I have no car at the minute and so need one. 👍

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Have you tried selling it back to VW?
Yes, I have a price from my local dealer, who I bought it from. No harm in shopping around for a better deal elsewhere & making sure I get a fair price :) I find salesmen are quite adept at lowballing their first offer until given an incentive to be a bit more realistic. Just as they would have some wiggle room when they sell a new car...

I'm really not a fan of the sales process to/from dealerships, I find the haggling all very unpleasant but very necessary as you can be 100% sure the first price you get is not even close to what they will actually sell/buy for. Much prefer the Tesla model of setting a price & that's what you get.

Reactions: BatteryJuice
Is that Cribbs or the docks? When I bought mine online it was Cribbs but now a few people are syaing that it's moved to the docks. Will be hard to get the train down if its moved to the docks!
Collected my car today from Bristol M3LR Black with white interior 18" wheels. All seems ok, had a good look around and found no issues. Once software was updated at home I confirm it has the heated wipers and Ryzen chip - I'll investigate battery size when the weather improves. SOC was only 36% so I drove to the superchargers at Cribbs Causeway to charge up. 100 mile trip back home smiling most of the way :)

Speaking to the guys at the collection depot they said the docks is now going to be the place for collections going forward. Thet are having covered area built so it seems this will be a permanent arrangement - they also confirmed that they will be opening a sales & service centre in Exeter

Will post some pics later when the weather permits

They've been quite slow this year, it was two and a half weeks for my official offer to come through.

It was the same as the preliminary offer so the delay gave me an extra two weeks for my new car to arrive - part of me wonders if it was delayed to make sure it didn't expire before delivery.

I have my M3 RWD collection booked for 3rd March as of last night. Any idea when Tesla will ask me to pay the balance for the car (no finance) and what the latest date for me to pay this might be? Also, at what point will they let me know the Reg number so that I can finalise insurance as my DL quote expires 24 Feb? TIA

Collected my car today from Bristol M3LR Black with white interior 18" wheels. All seems ok, had a good look around and found no issues. Once software was updated at home I confirm it has the heated wipers and Ryzen chip - I'll investigate battery size when the weather improves. SOC was only 36% so I drove to the superchargers at Cribbs Causeway to charge up. 100 mile trip back home smiling most of the way :)

Speaking to the guys at the collection depot they said the docks is now going to be the place for collections going forward. Thet are having covered area built so it seems this will be a permanent arrangement - they also confirmed that they will be opening a sales & service centre in Exeter

Will post some pics later when the weather permits
Exeter sales and service centre is due to open in August. Although the location is supposed to be secret, I have been reliably informed it will be on Marsh Barton with all the other manufacturers showrooms.

They've been quite slow this year, it was two and a half weeks for my official offer to come through.

It was the same as the preliminary offer so the delay gave me an extra two weeks for my new car to arrive - part of me wonders if it was delayed to make sure it didn't expire before delivery.
Ouch. That wouldn't work for me, I have my collection booked for the 25th. If the offer's not good enough I'm assuming I'd need a week buffer to sell my car, get the balance in my bank & pay the Tesla deposit.

Guess I'll give them another working day then call on Tuesday to see if I can get some kind of info. I'm not particularly opposed to selling elsewhere, but it would be much more convenient to just trade in.

Had exactly the same experience with Fleet Financial here in Belfast. No matter what Tesla said, the answer from the lease company was that they had done everything they had to do.

Bottom line was I ordered 26/10/21, next I heard from Tesla was beginning of this month for March delivery.

It is very frustrating, and I am sure it is not what you want to hear. My experience was that lease companies work at their own pace.
What made it worse, when on the phone to zenith, they insisted there was nothing to do at their end, but then they asked if I had completed the driving license check. I said yes, completed two weeks earlier and they went 'oh, let me check', and then stated they had not processed it yet!!

Anyway, fingers crossed