Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice!

Thought I'd try my luck asking in chat as well, also got Davide but he wasn't able to give me any more than "you'll be notified once a VIN is allocated in the coming weeks" 😢 the waiting is killing me...
Tried as well. He said he cannot confirm my VIN yet (although one allocated in source code) and that I should get my VIN within a week or two together with a car registration for a "mid March delivery". Basically nothing new to what I already know.

Long time lurker here, I have just spoken with Davide on chat also and he was able to confirm that a car has been allocated and to expect delivery mid-late March. No VIN yet but he said this should be text to me in the next 1-2weeks.

M3 SR+/RWD, White/Black, 18" Aero Wheels. RN received 04/11/21. Ordered via work salary sacrifice scheme.

Hopefully those who have also been waiting a while will get allocated very soon!

Another lurker here...
Ordered an M3 LR MSM Aero on 31/1/22 through OctopusEV salary sacrifice. Were originally told by Octopus it would be a March delivery, but then told June because we missed a deadline. Was super gutted about the June delivery, but then looking through this thread (which has been so helpful btw) didn't think that was too bad. Just had to try and be patient. Well, last week Octopus told us we had been assigned a VIN and to await a text from Tesla. Thought I'd try my luck with Tesla chat like a few of you have done this morning (got Davide) and he's confirmed that our car is on it's way and should be here early March! Happy days... I'm literally grinning like the Cheshire cat!

Please can someone post a link of the tesla chat. Copy and paste the link here? Many thanks.
I doubt it’s any different in the UK, but today is Sunday. The TAs are probably relaxing right now ;) Try it tomorrow. It usually works from like 9am onwards? The chat icon appears if you go to the Tesla site and then click on configure your Model 3. On the next page there should be an icon with three dots on the bottom left hand side.
Important note: Use your computer for it. The icon never appears on my mobile phone.

I doubt it’s any different in the UK, but today is Sunday. The TAs are probably relaxing right now ;) Try it tomorrow. It usually works from like 9am onwards? The chat icon appears if you go to the Tesla site and then click on configure your Model 3. On the next page there should be an icon with three dots on the bottom left hand side.
Important note: Use your computer for it. The icon never appears on my mobile phone.
Yeah, I have tried using my Mac and chrome but don't seem to appear for me. Anyone I spoke with a tesla advisor on the phone after waiting for nearly 30 minutes. He advised that most people should be getting their model 3 no later than middle march. I ordered on the 20th of Jan and had no response whatsoever from tesla.

Yeah, I'm hoping Tesla come back with something competitive, it will definitely make things easier. ID.3s are in very high demand at the moment as you can't order a new one other than a very specific base spec due to shortages. The VW dealers are falling over each other trying to get them.

How long does it usually take Tesla to come back with an offer? It said 2 days on the form I filled in, but it's been 4 already.
The first quote I had early Dec came back within 1 day, that expired at the end of Jan so they asked me just to confirm the current mileage for a re-quote and that took around 4 days and fortunately hardly changed from the original quote and is good until end of March and I collect the new car on 4th March.

Another lurker here...
Ordered an M3 LR MSM Aero on 31/1/22 through OctopusEV salary sacrifice. Were originally told by Octopus it would be a March delivery, but then told June because we missed a deadline. Was super gutted about the June delivery, but then looking through this thread (which has been so helpful btw) didn't think that was too bad. Just had to try and be patient. Well, last week Octopus told us we had been assigned a VIN and to await a text from Tesla. Thought I'd try my luck with Tesla chat like a few of you have done this morning (got Davide) and he's confirmed that our car is on it's way and should be here early March! Happy days... I'm literally grinning like the Cheshire cat!
How are you chatting? I ordered theough work as well when i login. I dont see any option for chat?

Anyone bothering with gap insurance, I've just tried Moneysupermarket and cheapest was £168 for 3 years cover which seems ok to me.
I'm sure most of you know how it works but for any that don't if the car is stolen or written off and the insurers pay market value, the gap insurance makes up the difference to the original purchase price.

Reactions: Paul67
Anyone bothering with gap insurance, I've just tried Moneysupermarket and cheapest was £168 for 3 years cover which seems ok to me.
I'm sure most of you know how it works but for any that don't if the car is stolen or written off and the insurers pay market value, the gap insurance makes up the difference to the original purchase price.
I'm thinkng about it, but need to check with my insurance co first as I think they might offer new for old for the first 12 months, if so then I wouldnt take out GAP insurance until close to the 1 year mark

Reactions: Stusla