Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The chat facility on the website seems more reliable.

Failing that, there is a 'sticky' with loads of numbers you can try.
There is not anybody on Chat at the moment. I have been sat on the phone for too long this morning while keeping an eye on the website and have given up. Trying to juggle this with the work I am supposed to be doing get's quite challenging! It's pot luck I'm afraid :)

There is not anybody on Chat at the moment. I have been sat on the phone for too long this morning while keeping an eye on the website and have given up. Trying to juggle this with the work I am supposed to be doing get's quite challenging! It's pot luck I'm afraid :)
haha same here - annoying sat on this March delivery with no match when 3 x model 3's came up on inventory this morning; I'd happily have taken.

Manchester depot do not answer phone :-( Putting me off a bit not being able to talk to anyone.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Good luck with that then - obviously, this is far more important than work anyway.

Also does anyone know if you buy a car from inventory, will they take it to your local dealer?

According to my local dealer I'd have to collect it from Southampton?
You have to collect it from wherever it is.

I bought from inventory last week, which said it was South Coast, so it came off the same boat as the others that were collected in the past week or so. I was expecting to have to get it from Southampton but my collection is in Bluewater.

Seems a bit random, because when I initially placed the order for a new one before changing it I selected Brent Cross.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Something odd here, Emma tells me if there was a match on system it would have been allocated to me. Well there was a white LR there this morning. base spec and there have been several others before.

So why am I not receiving a match?
What Emma has said seems to be what Tesla believe. The reality is that the system doesn't do that and cancelled orders get put on inventory. We have seen multiple examples of this every quarter.

I'm not convinced it is a mistake - I think they want random inventory vehicles appearing to catch the impulse buyer.

I bought from inventory last week, which said it was South Coast, so it came off the same boat as the others that were collected in the past week or so. I was expecting to have to get it from Southampton but my collection is in Bluewater.

Seems a bit random, because when I initially placed the order for a new one before changing it I selected Brent Cross.

brent cross is closed and all deliveries there are moved to bluewater. we had this last week too, annoying. I managed to get them to leave the car in Southampton as that was easier for me than bluewater

What Emma has said seems to be what Tesla believe. The reality is that the system doesn't do that and cancelled orders get put on inventory. We have seen multiple examples of this every quarter.

I'm not convinced it is a mistake - I think they want random inventory vehicles appearing to catch the impulse buyer.

It is much more obvious if one simply observes that Tesla lie, they as a Company always lie, their phone support, their shop staff always lie on the fly when they believe their lie is needed to protect their position whatever the position may be at the time. Not that they also don't tell the truth when they have information that may be helpful to keep customers happy and satisfied. Unfortunately, there are those who make-believe, support and justify Tesla's lies with some form of justification sugar coating as they don't wish to criticise or accept Tesla lie and are dishonest whenever necessary and suits them. Tesla banks on such people who are easily gullible to even think that they are buying an upgraded vehicle manufactured even though Tesla in fact was forced to downgrade the vehicles manufactured after 15 Dec due to shortage of parts, for instance, deleting the Data-enabled USB Hub and downgrading from the Intel MPU replaced by AMD MPU which reduces the range of the vehicle or downgrading from the LG/e5cd (high voltage battery) in short supply to the LG/e5ld battery. Tesla gets away with this by adding a few minor changes like heated windshield wipes and changing to a Li-ion better Auxillary battery. I own two 2021 Tesla M3's, one with the Refresh configuration purchase 12 Dec and one with the 2022 changes (downgrades) purchased 23 Dec, 2 weeks later. the 1st one with the 2021 Refresh is by far the better vehicle yet wide public perception is the opposite. Hence Tesla is the clear winner

Last edited:
I own two 2021 Tesla M3's, one with the Refresh configuration purchase 12 Dec and one with the 2022 changes (downgrades) purchased 23 Dec, 2 weeks later.
Just out of curiosity, one will have the ATOM and the other the Ryzen, any notable differences to your perception? It's probably a fairer test as you have both cars sitting on same WiFi, environment etc.

Reactions: CL65
Bought my tesla charger 2 weeks ago and it’s now £50 cheaper .. grrr and the lack of electricians around here not replying to quotes was annoying. it doesn’t help that my external electric box and garage wall are the two furthest points from each other so it’s not going to be a cheap install overall. So the sooner the better for me to recoup some costs through the solars and sunshine!
After reading your post, I have ordered my Tesla charger even though I don't have text or VIN yet for my M3 :( I paid £449 from Tesla website. Installation by Tesla approved electrician was quoted total £684 including VAT (including additional device for earthing cost £120 plus VAT).

Tesla in fact was forced to downgrade the vehicles manufactured after 15 Dec due to shortage of parts, for instance, deleting the Data-enabled USB Hub and downgrading from the Intel MPU replaced by AMD MPU which reduces the range of the vehicle or downgrading from the LG/e5cd (high voltage battery) in short supply to the LG/e5ld battery.
The removal of data enabled USB Hub is a clear downgrade, but the others are not.

The AMD Ryzen is an upgrade over the ageing Intel Atom (as is the Li-Ion '12v' battery that accompanies it). The LG 5L (M50) battery is superior to the 5C (M48).

I was just on chat with Davide asking for an update on my order as I still haven't received text. I have probably waited 3-5 minutes before I had response from Davide. I have explained that there are some people on here who placed order after me for same spec M3 and already had update. I have not had text or VIN. He checked and confirmed that my order hasn't been allocated yet but everything is in place for it to happen. He said that at this stage delivery looks like mid to end March, therefore still on schedule for what they estimated at point of order. I have asked how long it takes for car to be delivered after I have received text and he said 3-4 weeks. So I asked if I don't get any update in next 2 weeks I should start panic that my car will not be delivered in March? At this point I was expecting reply along the lines, that it will be delivered and to not worry, but instead I had response " first week of March therefore 3 weeks." So take what you want from that reply. Shall I then panic after 1st week of March??? :rolleyes: this waiting is excruciating.

I was just on chat with Davide asking for an update on my order as I still haven't received text. I have probably waited 3-5 minutes before I had response from Davide. I have explained that there are some people on here who placed order after me for same spec M3 and already had update. I have not had text or VIN. He checked and confirmed that my order hasn't been allocated yet but everything is in place for it to happen. He said that at this stage delivery looks like mid to end March, therefore still on schedule for what they estimated at point of order. I have asked how long it takes for car to be delivered after I have received text and he said 3-4 weeks. So I asked if I don't get any update in next 2 weeks I should start panic that my car will not be delivered in March? At this point I was expecting reply along the lines, that it will be delivered and to not worry, but instead I had response " first week of March therefore 3 weeks." So take what you want from that reply. Shall I then panic after 1st week of March??? :rolleyes: this waiting is excruciating.
Yes it is.

For me it is a bit of a different situation, I ordered a MYLR not too long ago (31 Jan), compared with most of the good peeps here. Not a lease, but a private purchase with loan. No VIN as of yet, no SA assigned etc. To top it off, I go on holiday with the fam on the 29 March for 11 days. So the very last day I can get a delivery is the 28th. I do hope they don't push my order right back, because I simply won't be here. I know they won't hold the car for that long too. I mentioned this to a Tesla Rep at my test drive the day after ordering, and he said not to worry. But from all the talk on here, it looks like some cars will be delivered at the end of March. So quite painful for me not knowing a more exact date.

Just out of curiosity, one will have the ATOM and the other the Ryzen, any notable differences to your perception? It's probably a fairer test as you have both cars sitting on same WiFi, environment etc.

The Intel Atom is in UK and the AMD Ryzen in USA where I am moving shortly. For the apps I used, namely, Spotify, Netflix, Youtube and generally the overall vehicle management systems there was is no performance difference however perhaps there is for games but I havent played games for 40 years as such don't know. For the few days I used the more recent hardware in the States, the vehicle seems to be using more battery more quickly but only by approx 10%

Reactions: Snowy77
The removal of data enabled USB Hub is a clear downgrade, but the others are not.

The AMD Ryzen is an upgrade over the ageing Intel Atom (as is the Li-Ion '12v' battery that accompanies it). The LG 5L (M50) battery is superior to the 5C (M48).

To each their own, as I am a techie, the actual true performance parameters tell the true story, but in layman terms. the Intel MPU has an onboard GPU, the AMD Ryzen does not and has a separate circuit board for the GPU hence not as efficient as the ATOM with respect to power usage

Reactions: Snowy77