Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking through some posts, it seems some people have to wait a huge amount of time
I ordered on 19 December and was offered a 2021 car from inventory the next day. I was then VIN matched for a 2022 on 13 January and received the 'on it's way' and 'schedule your delivery' messages within hours on 14 January. I could have arranged collection between 10 and 17 February but I put the order on-hold until 15 February.

Second VIN matched 7 February with 'on it's way' message the following day, then 'schedule your delivery' message on the 16 Feb. I will collect on 12 March.

So less than two months from order to available collection in my case, plus one month of self-imposed delay. Appreciate that it is very spec dependent though - order a RWD in white and you'll be waiting all year for it. In my case it may also have helped to have no trade-in, no finance and to have completed all the invoicing pre-requisites on the account.

Last edited:
Reactions: JanF1
Are you not planning on using your phone as the key for the most part? How often will the key card actually be used? Apologies if I’m missing something.
I am planning on using my phone, yes. But I don't know how often (if ever) I'll need the card. To be honest, I don't think it would hurt to protect the area anyway, to prevent from scratches while putting things in the cup holders. I have a roll of PPF already, so may as well stick a bit on there just in case :)

There are some reports of March deliveries being delayed until May now. Worryingly the delivery that mine was scheduled for : 21st to 31st March.

I'm going to double check.
OK, wonder what's going on.
Looks like suspicions and rumors are holding true. This morning showed up as the expected 21 - 31 March.

Now:

1645631578048.png

Oops. Anyone else in that expected timeframe had similar?

Are you not planning on using your phone as the key for the most part? How often will the key card actually be used? Apologies if I’m missing something.
I’m planning to use phone as key and leave card at home as got my phone with me all the time. However, if for any reason I can’t use phone (dead battery, app outage, broken or stolen phone etc) I’m planning to get ring key which I can use in case of emergency as mentioned above. That way I know that I will always be able to get to the car and will not be stranded.

There are several makes available on Amazon between £90-£150.

COLMO Model 3 Smart Ring Accessory for Tesla Model 3 Key Card Key Fob Replacement Ceramic RFID Smart Ring Support Customization Fast Priority Delivery Worldwide (9mm US8) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B083F47M3Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_0ZBYCZM1GHB06DQBKST1?psc=1

I am planning on using my phone, yes. But I don't know how often (if ever) I'll need the card. To be honest, I don't think it would hurt to protect the area anyway, to prevent from scratches while putting things in the cup holders. I have a roll of PPF already, so may as well stick a bit on there just in case :)
Yeah, fair play. If it’s easy enough to work with, why not? 👍

You highlight a question I have been pondering for some time now. I would like to use the phone, but am just not sure how it would work at home. I would park my car maybe 5 ft from the house (on the drive in front on the living room) and am really not sure if the car will be locked, unless I switch Bluetooth off on my phone. I fear that if I am in my front room, anyone can open the doors (or worse I go to bed with the phone in the front room, leaving it open all night).

Does anybody he have any experience with this?

Reactions: CaptainC
Might as well take pics whilst it's all over my floor. What a delivery heh?

A few pages back we spoke about frunk / trunk / sub trunk mats etc, plus also organiser for sub trunk...

Here's a few pics

View attachment 772810

To list : got the HOLT tyre sealant, hidden behind the lifting pucks is the RING digital compressor, we got there some USB C cables, Turtle insect remover (white car large spacey front end to think about!) Got the 3 piece arm rest organiser set, the cup holder insert, in the box are the four door inserts for storage... then we have the screen cleaner and hidden away the lint free soft microfibrers.. Oh yes the near side boot velcro divider, and ofc the front trunk mat, the frunk mat, and the sub trunk mat and organiser at the back. Lastly a couple of keycard holders from the Mrs ! So all in, minus the RING air compressor, all for around £120 via Ali Express. NOT BAD if I may say.

Just to show the organiser vs the sub trunk mat for size :

View attachment 772811

View attachment 772812

Not decided on floor mats yet. Considering Tesla Shields if anyone has any exposure / experience with them.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh before I forget. The Mrs bought me a mug. 🤣

View attachment 772813

Did I miss anything? !

EDIT : Yes I did ! USB C to USB A converters just incase ;-)
What a great post ..can sense your excitement. Since I orders (January 17th) I am like a kid on Christmas Eve, impatient, anxious and excited wishing my life away until I get delivery. I might start online shopping to calm me down and thanks for the tips. I never thought of AliExpress and always wonder about for and quality ..but it seems all positive here

You highlight a question I have been pondering for some time now. I would like to use the phone, but am just not sure how it would work at home. I would park my car maybe 5 ft from the house (on the drive in front on the living room) and am really not sure if the car will be locked, unless I switch Bluetooth off on my phone. I fear that if I am in my front room, anyone can open the doors (or worse I go to bed with the phone in the front room, leaving it open all night).

Wondering the same as mine will be parked similarly. Pin to drive seems like a must.

Reactions: JanF1

That’s very good point. I’m in same situation as my living room sofa is under window a car parked in front of window so less than 2m or 6ft away. I have option to park bit further away from the window but would prefer to keep it parked as usual. I guess it is one think I would need to test 😬 when I get car.

Finally got the text today for my M3LR. No delivery date but ordered just before the dates changed to Aug delivery.

As its a lease, anyone got any recommendations for bits I should spend some money protecting? Have ordered a screen protector but any else you can think of?
I've just taken out 3 years allow wheeel insurance as I understand the tesla wheels are very prone to easy kerb rash and at £240 for 3 years should keep the wheels looking A1

Reactions: Snowy77

You don't need to worry about it. The car will only unlock if you are very close to it (like 6inches away). I park on my drive and the car is about 3 feet from the front door and as soon as I step through the front door the car locks itself.

I have also had instances where my other half wants to get something from the car and thought that she would be able to just go outside and open it as i'm sat in the lounge with my phone (about 6ft away from the car outside) but it remains locked.

Sadly not, nor given VIN. I am on hold to Tesla at the moment to find out what the score is.

If it's May, it's May. Just have to put the excitement on hold for a couple of months, which would be a huge deflator. 😢
I think they have been monitoring your posts and saw all the bits you bought and are now playing with your emotions....you can always set them out in the shape of the car and sit in the middle