Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry friends. I have tried trimming my video from yesterday and reducing the file size, now TMC won't allow the file extension my app saves it with ☹️ so, here are some shots of my first supercharge at Hopwood Park on my way home. It was here that we decided Tesla was the future for us after arriving at a broken charger in the summer and then driving past this bank of (largely unused) SuCs 😃

Attachments

• 20220225_163741.jpg
    20220225_163741.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 20220225_163727.jpg
    20220225_163727.jpg
    556.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 20220225_163715.jpg
    20220225_163715.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 55
Sorry friends. I have tried trimming my video from yesterday and reducing the file size, now TMC won't allow the file extension my app saves it with ☹️ so, here are some shots of my first supercharge at Hopwood Park on my way home. It was here that we decided Tesla was the future for us after arriving at a broken charger in the summer and then driving past this bank of (largely unused) SuCs 😃
I use these services a quite a lot and stare at the Teslas with envy as I walk passed every time! Glad you finally got your car

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Tesla-based on previous historical demand of each region in Europe ships all manufactured vehicles via vessel to these destinations and voyage time for MIC vehicles notwithstanding delays varies between 3-4 weeks. These vehicles upon production are immediately matched to orders shortly after being allocated to a vessel. The reason there are no productions allocated to months of Apr/Jul/Sep/Oct 2022 is that Tesla has allocated entire productions for these months to high-volume customer orders from Rental/Hire car giants who have recently placed very large orders
That's not quite the reason. Tesla want to maximise deliveries in any quarter and a delivery only counts if the customer pays and gets the car delivered in that quarter. So there will be a huge push to deliver every car possible in the last few days of March (or June, September, December), this applies everywhere, UK, Europe, USA, China, etc. Throughout March the cars made in China will be sold mainly in China as there is time to get them into customers hands before the 31st. But in the last few days of March Tesla cannot get the newly made cars (1,000s every day) even into the hands of local customers before the 31st March cut-off point, so they start making cars for UK and Europe again and in early April these will be on the first ship from China to UK/Europe which will take around 4 weeks to arrive in early May. So no cars arrive in UK/Europe during the first month of each quarter (Berlin production will change this timing in due course). This is also why when the first ship arrives in the UK/Europe in early February there are a few cars with VINs from 2021 that were made in the last few days of December when it was no longer possible (or just too many being made each day) to deliver newly made cars to local Chinese customers.

Reactions: Snowy77
For all those receiving the "vehicle is on the way" texts, I received mine on 8th Feb and was given a 10th March delivery date text on the 16th Feb. This is for a RWD (Deep Blue/18") ordered via lease in November.
Hope this helps with giving you all an idea of the timeframe
For anyone wondering I had the exact same as this - "vehicle is on the way" text received 8th Feb and a 10th March delivery date text received on the 16th Feb. This is for a M3P (Deep Black/Black) ordered via lease in late Jan - got my Reg yesterday :)

Contacted Tesla chat this morning, they said I have been allocated a car and were able to SMS me my VIN number however were still unable to give me a EDD. Still no VIN showing in my account (not sure if it makes any difference being a lease car)?

Hi, been reading this forum for weeks and after a bit of info, ordered my M3 via lease company, ordered in Jan text from Tesla on 1st Feb to give RN, they’ve text me again today to say ‘your vehicle is on the way and will contact me again with a scheduled delivery date’ now I’m wondering has anyone had any experience in how long this will now take after this text to get my EDD? I’m so excited talk about it every day and the wait is just killing me, Katy’s not been too helpful on the Tesla chat as I’ve spoken with her a few times 😂
I ordered mine 24th Jan - Got a text on 8th Feb to say 'Vehicle is on the way'
Got another text on the 16th Feb giving me my delivery date of 10th March --- CAN NOT WAIT :)

Got my Reg yesterday

M3P Back/Black

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
May not be the best thread for this anymore, but I'm gutted to find a stone chip on my bonnet after driving home from the collection last night. Barely exceeded the speed limit in the motorway at any point and I have never been one to tailgate. Absolutely gutted!!!!
How many miles? If you are within 100 miles then Tesla will accept it was there on delivery and fix it.

I just chatted with Paige on chat, she told me I had a VIN, gave me my number plate (AF22 ***), and said delivery would likely be the last week of March! So excited now.

Note I have had no texts from Tesla beyond the initial RN number back on 28/Jan, so just because you haven't got a text yet keep fingers crossed and keep asking on chat! The spec I ordered was M3LR/black/black/aero through my work lease scheme that used ALD.

Reactions: Spottytiger
I have this issue. Tesla just say they are waiting for authorisation before they can speak to me. Very frustrating.
It completely depends who you speak to. I've had the refusal, also been asked on a different occasion to confirm the ordered spec before they'll talk to me, and other times they just tell you the status as normal. Worth trying again and hoping for a different person.

I just chatted with Paige on chat, she told me I had a VIN, gave me my number plate (AF22 ***), and said delivery would likely be the last week of March! So excited now.

Note I have had no texts from Tesla beyond the initial RN number back on 28/Jan, so just because you haven't got a text yet keep fingers crossed and keep asking on chat! The spec I ordered was M3LR/black/black/aero through my work lease scheme that used

Note I have had no texts from Tesla beyond the initial RN number back on 28/Jan, so just because you haven't got a text yet keep fingers crossed and keep asking on chat! The spec I ordered was M3LR/black/black/aero through my work lease scheme that used ALD.
That's excellent news @cat7

I've just managed to get hold of Paige too and like you hadn't received any text from Tesla since the RN (ordered through salary sacrifice OctopusEV). I've just been told that EDD is either the 9th, 10th or 11th of March... Nearly choked on my crumpet! Should be receiving a text in the next week... Talk about cutting it fine - not that I'm complaining or anything.

I'm super stoked now as it looks like I don't have to wait too long :)

That's excellent news @cat7

I've just managed to get hold of Paige too and like you hadn't received any text from Tesla since the RN (ordered through salary sacrifice OctopusEV). I've just been told that EDD is either the 9th, 10th or 11th of March... Nearly choked on my crumpet! Should be receiving a text in the next week... Talk about cutting it fine - not that I'm complaining or anything.

I'm super stoked now as it looks like I don't have to wait too long :)
Great news!! I'm out of the country from 19-26th March so will be just my luck they want to deliver it that week.

I just had a chat with Paige too and she told me my delivery date is likely to be around March 22nd and that my reg will be allocated once I'm booked in for delivery, so interesting that you have a reg before booking delivery.

She also said that I should get my delivery text next week, so fingers crossed for the next wave of texts next week!

Reactions: Spottytiger
I just had a chat with Paige too and she told me my delivery date is likely to be around March 22nd and that my reg will be allocated once I'm booked in for delivery, so interesting that you have a reg before booking delivery.

She also said that I should get my delivery text next week, so fingers crossed for the next wave of texts next week!
Paige would not tell me anything ☹️. But I hear patience is a vertu