Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All. Could anyone assist with how long people have waited for delivery texts?

Ordered M3LR (black/standard) via Lex Leasing at beginning of February; estimated delivery date end March. RN text sent 3/2; “on the way” text 23/2. Am I right that text to select delivery date should be coming some time this week?
I got my ”on the way” on the 25.02 and delivery date on 28.02, also with Lex.

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
so it finally happened - i got the SMS to say they are planning to deliver my M3SR+ on 15th March - which is nice as I thought I would have to take a day out to go to Southampton. The SMS asked for my address to confirm delivery which I provided but have not gotten any final confirmation. Is this normal?

Exact wording of SMS:

Tesla Update - Your Model 3 is due for delivery on Tuesday, 15 March. Deliveries are made between 8 am and the end of the day. Please REPLY with your full address to receive confirmation of your delivery. Your order reference is RNXXXXXXXX. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
so it finally happened - i got the SMS to say they are planning to deliver my M3SR+ on 15th March - which is nice as I thought I would have to take a day out to go to Southampton. The SMS asked for my address to confirm delivery which I provided but have not gotten any final confirmation. Is this normal?

Exact wording of SMS:

Tesla Update - Your Model 3 is due for delivery on Tuesday, 15 March. Deliveries are made between 8 am and the end of the day. Please REPLY with your full address to receive confirmation of your delivery. Your order reference is RNXXXXXXXX. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.
Yup i got the exact same message. Confirm your address and timeslot that you would like and they will get back to you. It texted back around 10pm last night and they confirmed back in the morning

My only regret is that when i was ordering my car black interior was coming up as may and white was coming up as march. So i ended up paying £1100 extra and it seems like they are delivering them all pretty much at the same time. What a money grabbing tactic.
Look on the plus side - the white interior doesn't have that awful wood panel effect on the dashboard. I have the black interior as it's a company car so made little sense paying in full for options I only get to enjoy for 3-4 years.

Reactions: Cooksmaster1
Hi All. Could anyone assist with how long people have waited for delivery texts?

Ordered M3LR (black/standard) via Lex Leasing at beginning of February; estimated delivery date end March. RN text sent 3/2; “on the way” text 23/2. Am I right that text to select delivery date should be coming some time this week?
I'm with vanarama (via lex) I got my delivery date this morning so looking at your dates you should potentially get yours soon

I ordered M3 Black 10 Feb, got text Your vehicle is on the way, but no other calls or info since.. even chatted with Craig, but no info from him too
I also spoke to Craig and the information I received was not helpful: "Nothing on delivery date at this point for the order... late march would be my estimate but that is just an estimate at the moment." Finally got him to confirm that Tesla does still have an estimated delivery date of end March - but he refuses to commit to the latest date I could be asked to book my collection if the end March deadline is to be met.

I've also been told that a vehicle has been allocated to my order - which I assumed was progress - but that Tesla won't provide the VIN unti delivery is arranged... Seems to be utter chaos 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: platham
t
My only regret is that when i was ordering my car black interior was coming up as may and white was coming up as march. So i ended up paying £1100 extra and it seems like they are delivering them all pretty much at the same time. What a money grabbing tactic.
they defo saw you coming, hey dont blame you cos i wanted non-white paint and it wasnt going to be delivered any earlier, stupid as i think they have lots of white ones waiting to be sold, but want to force paint extra add on for earlier delivery

I also spoke to Craig and the information I received was not helpful: "Nothing on delivery date at this point for the order... late march would be my estimate but that is just an estimate at the moment." Finally got him to confirm that Tesla does still have an estimated delivery date of end March - but he refuses to commit to the latest date I could be asked to book my collection if the end March deadline is to be met.

I've also been told that a vehicle has been allocated to my order - which I assumed was progress - but that Tesla won't provide the VIN unti delivery is arranged... Seems to be utter chaos 🤷🏻‍♂️
Download the Tesla Vin Finder Chrome extension

Will show you your VIN in web source code if you've got a car assigned, which if you have had the on the way text then you've got a VIN Number.

Reactions: DIY-Trev
Finally finished an exasperating live chat with Craig. He confirmed (eventually) that Tesla is still showing an estimated delivery date for end March. He refused to confirm when I'd receive a "collection" text; he said that the text may only be sent by Tesla to a customer the day before collection. This means - he said - that I may only get a text on 30 March for collection on 31 March!

I summarised what he'd told me:

1. I have an estimated delivery date of end March

2. That's based on the vehicle that's been allocated to me

3. But Tesla might unallocate that vehicle to my order

4. So in practice there isn't actually a vehicle allocated to my order

5. I might receive less than 12 hours' notice of my collection date.

And... 6. Tesla can't give me any date when I might hear from it again - it might be this afternoon; it might be next week; it might be next month; it might be 2024

Now I understand why so many people have found this whole process so stressful!

• Informative
Reactions: iorgosg

Yes - mine was 8 days to be precise….

Reactions: beefqueen